Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm only going to say this once. Make sure that when you claim I said something that I actually did because I am getting really hard of you twisting my words.
Please say it one more time and try not to get hard about it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/49813119-post126.html

It's a good laughable read... the justification for sanctuary law, ugh.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...uestion-7.html

Last edited by BB_210; 10-26-2018 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 09:14 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Read the newspaper. This caravan is a joke and made to scare. 300,000 people were caught at the border last year and now a caravan of approximately 3500-4500 people, and falling, have got the most gullible of the population having anxiety attacks.

We had a caravan in April. Remember that? What happened? It disappeared from news when its usefulness as a political ploy ended, just like this trash will after the elections.

As I asked, when was the last time that thousands crashed our border all at one time. Why do you keep ignoring that question? We'll just have to wait and see how many of them actually make it up to our border. Who's having an anxiety attack? What's with all the drama?

Yeah, well that caravan in April didn't have the numbers that this one does and it was still chaos with many of them entering illegally and getting separated from their kids. We don't want that repeated again. Seems you and yours are more worked up about this than we are. You just won't let it go and at least two of you keep pounding away at this all day long. We've heard all we need to hear from you guys. Are you going to keep beating this thing to death in here?

Old 10-26-2018, 09:48 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As I asked, when was the last time that thousands crashed our border all at one time. Why do you keep ignoring that question? We'll just have to wait and see how many of them actually make it up to our border. Who's having an anxiety attack? What's with all the drama?

Yeah, well that caravan in April didn't have the numbers that this one does and it was still chaos with many of them entering illegally and getting separated from their kids. We don't want that repeated again. Seems you and yours are more worked up about this than we are. You just won't let it go and at least two of you keep pounding away at this all day long. We've heard all we need to hear from you guys. Are you going to keep beating this thing to death in here?
Per the bolded --- He ignored questions that I asked him. Apparently, the questions make him squirm.

I don't understand how the invasion cheerleaders just don't get it. They quote numbers when it comes to illegal crossings but those crossings came in dribs and drabs. Why can't they understand that having thousands show up at once is different and it is a huge problem?

Notice how none of them has stepped up and offered to house any of these illegals? Just shows what hypocrites they are.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- He ignored questions that I asked him. Apparently, the questions make him squirm.

I don't understand how the invasion cheerleaders just don't get it. They quote numbers when it comes to illegal crossings but those crossings came in dribs and drabs. Why can't they understand that having thousands show up at once is different and it is a huge problem?

Notice how none of them has stepped up and offered to house any of these illegals? Just shows what hypocrites they are.
Because if they admit the truth about that, it's apparently a betrayal of some sort. It just doesn't work with their narrative.

If only they had as much compassion for Americans living on the streets, but they never argue on their behalf.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:28 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:

You are the one ignoring the obvious and you ask questions that I would be embarrassed to ask a five year because they are so pathetic. Would I offer these refugees a house? How truly ignorant a question.

It is the frightened and gullible who buy into this caravan garbage. I have already answered your question if you had bothered to read my posts. This whole caravan business is a rouse for the foolish, neurotic and panic prone. In other words, Trump supporters.

Shake and quake in your boots over this grand nothing. You have nothing but fear and personal attacks on me.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 10-26-2018 at 10:48 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
The number of refugees in "the caravan" continue to fall. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...as/1736274002/

But don't expect Trump to lower the rhetoric because he knows his lily livered, pantywaisted, weak-kneed supporters will rush to the polls over this scam. The fear must be maintained.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 10-26-2018 at 11:22 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
You are the one ignoring the obvious and you ask questions that I would be embarrassed to ask a five year because they are so pathetic. Would I offer these refugees a house? How truly ignorant a question.

It is the frightened and gullible who buy into this caravan garbage. I have already answered your question if you had bothered to read my posts. This whole caravan business is a rouse for the foolish, neurotic and panic prone. In other words, Trump supporters.

Shake and quake in your boots over this grand nothing. You have nothing but fear and personal attacks on me.
What did I write that was a "personal attack"? Do tell.

My questions are "pathetic"? No, they're not. Just because those questions make you squirm, doesn't mean they are "pathetic".

How is it "ignorant" to ask if you would house refugees in your home? Tell all of those who actually put their money where their mouths are and take in refugees that they are "ignorant". At least these people don't just talk the talk, they also walk the walk. What about you? Are you going to walk the walk?

Anyone should be frightened if thousands of refugees show up at the border and force their way in. The potential for BP agents to get injured or killed, is enough to alarm anyone. Never mind people who are forcing their way in could get killed during a stampede.

If my questions bother you so much, you don't have to respond. No one is forcing you to do so. Go ahead and ignore the questions. That alone speaks volumes. It won't bother me in the least.

BTW, according to your link, the number of people in the caravan dipped to 4500. That is still a very concerning number. It's enough to overwhelm our BP. These people thought nothing about forcing their way into Mexico. No doubt they will think nothing of forcing their way in here.

Do you think that people who live along the border aren't worried about this?

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 10-26-2018 at 11:51 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 11:59 PM

23,624 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
The number of refugees in "the caravan" continue to fall. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...as/1736274002/
Really? The "municipal authorities, the diocese of Tapachula, and the National Migration Institute" in Mexico say differently from the leftist msm (gee, imagine that). As of last Monday there were more than 14,000 in the caravan.
https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/engli...durans-caravan
Quote:
But don't expect Trump to lower the rhetoric because he knows his lily livered, pantywaisted, weak-kneed supporters will rush to the polls over this scam. The fear must be maintained.
We don't fear them, we are frustrated, tired of it and yeah, maybe a little bit angry, but we don't fear them .. you must be the one that is fearful. Why is that, why are you fearful of them?

Old 10-27-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Because if they admit the truth about that, it's apparently a betrayal of some sort. It just doesn't work with their narrative.

If only they had as much compassion for Americans living on the streets, but they never argue on their behalf.
^^^^Well said

It amazes me that there are those who think it's no big deal when 4500 (other sources quote even higher numbers) so-called asylum seekers will show up at the border. SMH

They mock and deride those of us who recognize the magnitude of this issue. These people thought nothing about forcing their way into Mexico. What makes them think that they will feel differently about forcing their way into the US?

If they are allowed to force their way into the US, it will only send the message to future caravans that it will be easy for them to also force their way into the country. The next caravans will be even bigger.

Every country in the world has immigration laws and expects those that want to immigrate there to obey those laws. Why should the US be any different?

Old 10-27-2018, 12:18 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
^^^^Well said

It amazes me that there are those who think it's no big deal when 4500 (other sources quote even higher numbers) so-called asylum seekers will show up at the border. SMH

They mock and deride those of us who recognize the magnitude of this issue. These people thought nothing about forcing their way into Mexico. What makes them think that they will feel differently about forcing their way into the US?

If they are allowed to force their way into the US, it will only send the message to future caravans that it will be easy for them to also force their way into the country. The next caravans will be even bigger.

Every country in the world has immigration laws and expects those that want to immigrate there to obey those laws. Why should the US be any different?
Maybe they'll understand what it's like with this short cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6l3tlDuGXQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies