Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 04:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've been sexually assaulted, had my home broken into, and my car stolen.

None of it was by anyone illegally here.

I want my share of the outrage.

If you wanted me to get wound up, I would need to see actual data on what percentage of crimes are committed by illegals versus citizens.

Data, not anecdotes. I try to make my decisions and form my opinions on facts, not emotion.
I posted data on crimes of illegals. Read the thread.

And we know we have criminals here - we don't need to let more in just because they feel entitled and don't want to wait in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's whipped into a frenzy? Because politico says so? The melodramatics by the left crack me up. Once again Trump is just making us aware of the caravan headed our way and it's larger than any others before it. He owes us his plan for dealing with it in case it remains very large. Why bring annual border crossings into this? What does that have to do with thousands crashing our border all at once?
It's an exaggeration meant to manipulate and stop discussion.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:48 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I posted data on crimes of illegals. Read the thread.

And we know we have criminals here - we don't need to let more in just because they feel entitled and don't want to wait in line.
That's what I've always said, we have enough of our own.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:03 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Wouldn't surprise me, just the cartel is worse than anything they'll face in the US.

people coming from south of the border won't stop until their homes are safe for them. We spend trillions keeping the Middle East in line, but shovel pennies at keeping our own part of the world cleaned up.
The cartels aren't everywhere in Mexico. For example, look at all the Americans who live there. Not all areas of Mexico are bad.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:06 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump said he is whipping his base into a frenzy? Huh? Crashing our border by the 1,000s is on it's way and may or may not be as large at it looks right now when it gets here but the president shouldn't prepare for it in advance in case it is very large when it gets here? Huh?
They offer no solutions while calling you a racist and giving resistance, excuses, and whining all the way. Every thread, including this one, all 150 pages of it.

They're well versed in the 5 D's... Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:08 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
So they are REJECTING asylum in Mexico? "We are marching North".

Who still thinks these people should be admitted? It's clear what they want: American welfare.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:18 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Refreshing that you put emotion in check
This may help.
https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...criminal-alien
Thank you, I thought that was a good article.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-27-2018, 05:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Refreshing that you put emotion in check
This may help.
https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...criminal-alien
A large number of illegals who are in federal prison are there for immigration offenses. Most crime is prosecuted by states, not the feds. Many of the illegal aliens in federal prison are there for immigration offenses:

Quote:
A Marshall Project analysis of 17 years of federal prison sentences shows that violations of immigration law already constitute the largest category of offenses in the border districts—even more than drug trafficking. Nationally, of the nearly 60,500 people sentenced to federal prison in the last fiscal year, more than 30 percent were convicted of immigration offenses, which can include “illegal re-entry†or people-smuggling. Along the border, immigration took the lead from drug trafficking early in the Obama administration, in some years accounting for more than half of the border districts’ federal prison sentences. https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...ants-to-prison
Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) today released a report that found that about 94 percent of foreign-born inmates in Federal prisons are illegal immigrants. That is not surprising, as illegal immigrants convicted of an immigration offense are incarcerated in federal prison and account 7.3 percent of all inmates. Likewise, drug traffickers who cross international borders are also in federal prison and account 46.3 percent of all prisoners. Thus, illegal immigrants are overrepresented in federal prison because the federal government enforces immigration laws and many drug trafficking laws but only a small fraction of all those incarcerated for all crimes committed in the U.S. are in federal prisons. https://www.cato.org/blog/new-report...n-shortcomings

Old 10-27-2018, 05:41 PM

I will repeat:

U.S. GAO - Unaccompanied Alien Children: Actions Needed to Ensure Children Receive Required Care in DHS Custody

U.S. GAO - Identity Fraud: Prevalence and Links to Alien Illegal Activities

U.S. GAO - Information on Certain Illegal Aliens Arrested in the United States

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Estimating Their Impact on the United States

In addition, in April 2005, the GAO released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following: Of the 55,322 illegal aliens studied, researchers found that they were arrested a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien.
  • They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien.
  • 49% had previously been convicted of a felony, 20% of a drug offense; 18% a violent offense, and 11%, other felony offenses.
  • 81% of the arrests occurred after 1990
  • 56% of those charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
  • Defendants charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I will repeat:

U.S. GAO - Unaccompanied Alien Children: Actions Needed to Ensure Children Receive Required Care in DHS Custody

U.S. GAO - Identity Fraud: Prevalence and Links to Alien Illegal Activities

U.S. GAO - Information on Certain Illegal Aliens Arrested in the United States

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Estimating Their Impact on the United States

In addition, in April 2005, the GAO released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following: Of the 55,322 illegal aliens studied, researchers found that they were arrested a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien.
  • They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien.
  • 49% had previously been convicted of a felony, 20% of a drug offense; 18% a violent offense, and 11%, other felony offenses.
  • 81% of the arrests occurred after 1990
  • 56% of those charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
  • Defendants charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.
The method by which they selected the inmates in their study would guarantee that they would have a lot of repeat offenders; the results would likely be the same if you studied non immigrants who were serving time for serious offenses. In their 2011 they expanded on the 2005 report and added some clarification:

Quote:
. Based on our random sample, GAO estimates that the criminal aliens had an average of 7 arrests, 65 percent were arrested at least once for an immigration offense, and about 50 percent were arrested at least once for a drug offense. Immigration, drugs, and traffic violations accounted for about 50 percent of arrest offenses. About 90 percent of the criminal aliens sentenced in federal court in fiscal year 2009 (the most recently available data) were convicted of immigration and drug-related offenses. About 40 percent of individuals convicted as a result of DOJ terrorism-related investigations were aliens. SCAAP criminal aliens incarcerated in selected state prison systems in Arizona, California, Florida, New York, and Texas were convicted of various offenses in fiscal year 2008 (the most recently available data at the time of GAO's analysis). The highest percentage of convictions for criminal aliens incarcerated in four of these states was for drug-related offenses. Homicide resulted in the most primary offense convictions for SCAAP criminal aliens in the fifth state--New York--in fiscal year 2008. https://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05646r.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies