Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The qualifier is "and" subject to the jurisdiction, etc. If anyone born on our soil were automatically a birthright citizens the qualifier of "and" would not be in the text. Illegal aliens are not subject to our jurisdiction they are subject to their own country's jurisdiction.
But the illegal alien is not the one who is being born.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Incorrect. I posted a lengthy explanation of why no Amendment is needed (In part, there were those born in the U.S. after the 14th Amendment was ratified, and even after the Wong Kim Ark ruling, who were NOT U.S. citizens at birth). Trump's Counsel is legally correct. He can fix this via EO.
Who is Trumps legal counsel that blessed this action.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:11 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on the 14th Amendment itself, recorded legal determinations of US birthright citizenship after the fact, and CURRENT US Nationality Law, Trump and his Counsel are correct. I've posted a significant amount of info regarding this issue. It's about the Constitution and actual codified law, not about "feelings."

Some born in the US have birthright US citizenship; some do not. US-born Native Americans didn't have birthright US citizenship until 1924, when the legislature made a specific legal exception for them. I've posted the current US Nationality Law.
You didn't bother to answer the question, you just keep repeating that the Nationality Law means that the president can ignore the amendment process. That is a filthy lie. The Nationality Law does not replace the 14th Amendment and never has.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:12 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
It will definitely be a step in the right direction. We need to stop immigrating poverty. Our welfare programs can't handle the load, and if we don't stop immigrating poverty we will end up cutting most of our programs for the poor or near poor.

Unless there is a new secret plan for the extra money I'm unaware of....we need a plan for the future.

We need to adopt a skill-based immigration program. Immigrate what we need, and what will benefit our economy so we can afford our welfare safety net and keep our citizens healthy.

We don't lack sympathy, we lack funds. It's pretty simple mathematics.
You’re talking way too much logical sense for SJWs.

Are you saying we should actually worry and take care about poor American natives before bringing in poor illegal immigrants with America’s limited resources?

This makes too much sense. You’re just a racist!

Old 10-30-2018, 08:13 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Haha. Don't worry all you protectors of the Constitution. Trump is authorized because "they" said it is ok.

So are "they" his fabulous attorneys? Or is "they" Lil Donny Jr? Michael Cohen? Kellyann Conjob? Hannity?

The Apprentice is going to override the Constitution?

Kimberly (who has probably let her license to practice law lapse) is whispering in his ear .

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
I'm not a Trump fan, but I agree with this.

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Hardly. Presidents have the Constitutional authority to make executive orders. Obama was very good at it too. Then it's up to the courts to decide whether or not those executive orders are Constitutional. It's how it works and how it's suppose to be even though you may not like it.
Presidents do NOT have the authority to unilaterally alter the Constitution itself. Have none of you ever taken any basic government or civics classes?

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who is Trumps legal counsel that blessed this action.
His legal staff at the White House.

If you're confused, perhaps you need to reread CURRENT US Nationality Law, passed in a bipartisan manner by Congress:

Subsections (a) and (b) in the following linked CURRENT Federal Law. If "everyone" born in the US were actually automatically US citizens via the 14th Amendment, subsection (b) would be redundant and would be neither included nor necessary:

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;

(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1401

You need to understand WHY that specific legal exception had to be made for a child of at least one US-born Indian (Native American), Eskimo, Aleutian, and other US aboriginals to understand WHY not all those born in the US are automatically US Citizens.

(Hint: It's because they are born subject to a foreign sovereign entity. So are legal AND illegal aliens' children, but no legal exception has ever been made for them as was made for the US-born children of US-born aboriginals in the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924 - LONG after the ratification of the 14th Amendment.)

No such extensions have ever been legally granted to anyone else; not to the children of: tourists, nor those here on temporary visas or other temporary basis, and not illegal aliens. Thus, so-called "anchor babies" are political policy citizens only, not actual legal citizens.

Fed Gov has duped Americans for decades. It's about time we return to the Constitution and the law.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:14 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
I guess I figured that birthright citizenship is an issue that could unite us. I figured we were, pretty much, all against it, but as I am seeing on this thread, there are some people that are for it. I’m not sure what their reasons could be. I only see the downside, with little to no upside. At least no upside for Americans.

So maybe one of you guys could tell me, if you are FOR birthright citizenship, why?

Old 10-30-2018, 08:14 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Finally. The biggest American loophole of all time.

Imagine going to Norway, Japan, or Canada to have a baby and claim citizenship for it. Those countries would laugh out loud as they deported you for visa fraud
Norway, Japan, no. Canada yes. In fact just about every country in the Americas has jus soli citizenship laws including Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil and, of course, the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies