Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 05:02 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times

Advertisements

Brush fires, people, brush fires. It has nothing to do with forests. It has everything to do with a severe drought.

Trump's blather on Twitter is because he didn't win as bigly in the midterms as he thinks. So he's taking it out on the vulnerable, like all bullies do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 05:17 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oops change of heart from President Trump -- he's now sending federal aid.

What a guy,. It's like the Grinch who Stole Christmas all over again.
He is the "chaos," president. Every day, since he has been in office, he stirs the pot, (like I hate to say this ladies,) a frumpy old woman.

Wish he would take an extended vacation and "chill." Or better yet, the job is going to be getting more difficult Mr. trump just resign, and take your people and toys with you and don't let the door hit you in your bigger and bigger behind.

Last edited by mollygee; 11-13-2018 at 05:41 AM..

Old 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
I had not intended to vote for President in 2016, given the choices. I chNged my mind in the voting booth and voted for Trump because I think it important for POTUS and Congress to be aligned, from time to time. I thought he would knock off the childish name calling and tweets, once elected. Obviously I was wrong.

Nearly every single day, often multiple times a day,he says and tweets something that is an embarrassment to the office and country.

I have a vision of an eventual Presidential Library with every one of his tweets is on the walls. History will not be kind.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I had not intended to vote for President in 2016, given the choices. I chNged my mind in the voting booth and voted for Trump because I think it important for POTUS and Congress to be aligned, from time to time. I thought he would knock off the childish name calling and tweets, once elected. Obviously I was wrong.

Nearly every single day, often multiple times a day,he says and tweets something that is an embarrassment to the office and country.

I have a vision of an eventual Presidential Library with every one of his tweets is on the walls. History will not be kind.
I usually give a newly elected POTUS 2 years before I choose to support him/her or not. Trump lost me early. He lost me when he made fun of a handicapped reporter. He cemented it when he went after a gold-star family who criticized him, then insulted the war record of John McCain - "I like my heroes to not get captured" - says Captain bone spurs.

Trump never learned that you cannot be the CEO of a country. He doesn't grasp the concept of checks and balances, or the three branches of government. He can't even keep a staff intact for more than a year. As for his "speaking his mind", he piles layers and layers of lies to his supporters, who accept what he says without question. He has turned his back on our allies in favor of tyrants.

He promises a better healthcare plan, the result? Nothing. He had 2 years of a friendly legislature and he blew that chance big time. No mention of it anymore. No mention of what his tariffs are doing to the farmers who voted for him. He asks for patience...well, ask the banks who are going to foreclose on their farms, the suppliers who are waiting for payment for seed and machinery, their family, who are struggling with keeping food on the table.

Then he tweets nonsense at 3:00 in the morning. And people on this forum and others; and social media parrot the nonsense and treat it as gospel. People who I know are smarter than that.

He calls unflattering news reports "fake news" without offering evidence. He tries to silence the free press because they don't have their lips firmly attached to his backside. The GOP is complicit in this because of their silence. Well, their silence cost them the House. Too bad it didn't cost them the Senate.

One positive thing, it woke the young people up and made them notice what's going on.

Last edited by carterstamp; 11-13-2018 at 06:40 AM..

Old 11-13-2018, 06:13 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yeah and him telling California to shape up and take care of this problem is exactly what the President should do. What did Obama do for this problem in his eight years?
There is a time and place. During a tragedy is not it. Put this in a personal context. Someone close to you dies or loses everything. Chances are you, a regular old citizen, have enough sense and class Not to say 'oh well it's their own fault for not doing this, that or the other' during or immediately after. If the citizen's by and large have enough decorum to behave appropriately in their day-to-day lives, we all ought to expect better of our president. Of course, we used to expect it prior to him.

Frankly, I'm all in favor of telling them to come up with new solutions to address the problem. However, if we are doing that we dang sure better be turning around and saying the same to any coastal area in a hurricane zone. And every area in a flood zone and so it goes.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
I have another question. Does Mexico have a lot of wildfires, too? I just read about some of them in the past but do they coincide with California's as far as timing goes?

Old 11-13-2018, 07:06 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
We always knew Trump doesn't have the ability to be empathic to people who are in any kind of peril. Still it was shocking when he ran his mouth when people are still dying and firefighters are still putting their lives on the line to fight the fires. He's such a scumbag!

Old 11-13-2018, 07:37 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I hear you. I was a life long republican, voted straight R in every election for nearly 20 years. Trump's behavior and rhetoric was just too much for me. So I registered as an independent in 2016.

But when I was there, in person, in the booth, I kept thinking abut Hillary Clinton, and I nearly voted for Trump. nearly. But I did not, just left the POTUS section blank and voted mostly R for local politicians.

But last week I voted Straight D down the ballot

Old 11-13-2018, 07:45 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Who is he threatening to withhold money from? The majority of these forests are managed by the federal government, not the state of California.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:49 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Who is he threatening to withhold money from? The majority of these forests are managed by the federal government, not the state of California.
Good luck getting Trump to understand that. Donald Trump is not a man of detail or understanding.

He just likes to yell and blame other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies