Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 06:16 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,344,411 times

Advertisements

If he has information that is important, release it. Threatening and using this as some leverage because he himself is under investigating is not only childish, it makes him appear to be guilty and upset that people are sniffing around those close to him.

Otherwise I'll just consider this yet another in a long list of lies and other bull**** he has spewed because his lips move while his brain isn't engaged.

So **** or get off the pot Mister President. Otherwise you are just the typical loud mouth moron you've already proven to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 06:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
If the Democrats in the House now soft-peddle their threatened investigations, this will obviously be the reason why.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Personally I would love to see both major parties shamed. It's the very least that they deserve for how they have screwed we the people for the last 26 years or so.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Another day, another Trump threat. Should we even care at this point?

Old 11-28-2018, 06:23 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
LOL. Bring it. What a jackass! Let's see what you got. The thing is we all know now what a pathetic, lying bag of hot air Trump is.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Personally I would love to see both major parties shamed. It's the very least that they deserve for how they have screwed we the people for the last 26 years or so.
Why do Repubs always use “we the people,” as if they are the only ones covered by the Constitution? Guess one of their favorite spokesmen uses that saying—Rush Limbaugh?

Old 11-28-2018, 06:30 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I work with classified docs every day, and I never said all docs are TS. Docs are classified for national security...from potentially serious to grave damage to the country. That’s what I said.

That idiot in the White House has no idea what he’s doing. He’s making decisions based on personal vendettas, which is dangerous. I do not trust him to make a decision that doesn’t cause harm for people.
Oh, I know what you said, I just disagree with your blanket explanation for why documents are classified. Your definition more accurately defines "Top Secret" classification, which is why I used it in my post. Each level has a different definition. For example, a "Confidential" classification is defined as "information which might cause injury to national interest". That means something totally different than "potentially serious or grave damage to the country". What is in the "national interest" is a fairly ambiguous phrase which could potentially cover almost anything, if one were inclined to keep certain things a secret.

But look, don't get me wrong, I actually do agree with you that the declassification of documents should not be weaponized by the president. But as long as this information is not detrimental to our country's security, I would certainly like to know as much as I could possibly know. Knowledge is power, as we all know, and since I generally don't put a lot of trust in the people who wield power in this country, I am certainly ready and willing to receive any information which discloses wrong doing on the part of our government officials. And yes, that absolutely includes Donald Trump.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:30 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He should have already released the documents.

What documents? The president wasn't clear this morning as to which he was referring. Which do you think he should use in this latest threat to blackmail the branch of government that constitutionally has the authority to limit his abuse of power?

Old 11-28-2018, 06:34 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Oh, I know what you said, I just disagree with your blanket explanation for why documents are classified. Your definition more accurately defines "Top Secret" classification, which is why I used it in my post. Each level has a different definition. For example, a "Confidential" classification is defined as "information which might cause injury to national interest". That means something totally different than "potentially serious or grave damage to the country". What is in the "national interest" is a fairly ambiguous phrase which could potentially cover almost anything, if one were inclined to keep certain things a secret.

But look, don't get me wrong, I actually do agree with you that the declassification of documents should not be weaponized by the president. But as long as this information is not detrimental to our country's security, I would certainly like to know as much as I could possibly know. Knowledge is power, as we all know, and since I generally don't put a lot of trust in the people who wield power in this country, I am certainly ready and willing to receive any information which discloses wrong doing on the part of our government officials. And yes, that absolutely includes Donald Trump.
Wrong.

You didn’t read carefully. I said potentially serious TO grave damage to the country. Clearly, I wasn’t speaking about just TS information. I was referring to the range of potential damage of all classified information.

Frankly, I don’t trust Trump to decide what’s detrimental to our country. A normal president making that determination? Absolutely. I’d want to know if there is shady business going on. I’d trust that normal POTUS to make the call.

Trump? Hell no.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:36 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Aren't you supposed to keep blackmail behind closed doors? Nice he puts it in the news.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies