Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 02:32 PM

20,861 posts, read 9,527,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is the sum being wasted on one single wedding there. This in a country where 270 million live at below the national poverty line set at $14/month income.

Hollywood is in attendance along with Hillary Clinton who brought Anthony Weiner's wife. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The $100MILLION wedding! India's richest man decorates his 27-STOREY home for his daughter's nuptials after days of lavish five-star welcome events and a private Beyoncé concert (as fans joke they will need to resurrect John Lennon to outdo her)
I've got an even better idea: Take the whatever-billion-$$ Trump wants to spend on the wall, and feed the poor starving people in India with that money instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 02:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I've got an even better idea: Take the whatever-billion-$$ Trump wants to spend on the wall, and feed the poor starving people in India with that money instead.
There should be a drinking game for every time someone turns a thread into a "whadda-bout" Trump thread. We would all be too drunk to argue.

Or maybe this: Since Trump is supposedly such a bigly yuuuuge billionaire with a zillion dollars, why doesn't he use that money to feed the poor in India? Or even, feed the poor and homeless in the US?

5,978 posts, read 2,234,032 times
Ohh someone didn’t get invited and is mad.
As an American I am proud, we have exported our frivolous spending to Asia and soon the entire world.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
There should be a drinking game for every time someone turns a thread into a "whadda-bout" Trump thread. We would all be too drunk to argue.
The OP is a Trump fan expecting rich people to give their money to charity. Funny he/she/it isn't asking Trump to do the same.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The OP is a Trump fan expecting rich people to give their money to charity. Funny he/she/it isn't asking Trump to do the same.
I'm well aware of this, doesn't change my point. Sometimes its a bit much on both sides.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
This is the sum being wasted on one single wedding there. This in a country where 270 million live at below the national poverty line set at $14/month income.

Hollywood is in attendance along with Hillary Clinton who brought Anthony Weiner's wife. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The $100MILLION wedding! India's richest man decorates his 27-STOREY home for his daughter's nuptials after days of lavish five-star welcome events and a private Beyoncé concert (as fans joke they will need to resurrect John Lennon to outdo her)
Waldo, people get to spend their money how they wish. If they choose to be opulent and not throw some of that towards homeless and hungry, it's not our business.

I understand your thinking - I've thought the same several times when I've seen "X raises $Y thanks to their supporters" - like campaigns that run into the millions of dollars, or when I see some Hollywood snob talk about their latest "vacation" or their new (and 4th) mansion, etc. That's one of the first things that comes to my mind: Imagine how many homeless and hungry you could have helped with all that money.

But, it's their money. And we don't get to dictate how other people use their money, even the amounts that are mind blowing.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Waldo, people get to spend their money how they wish. If they choose to be opulent and not throw some of that towards homeless and hungry, it's not our business.

I understand your thinking - I've thought the same several times when I've seen "X raises $Y thanks to their supporters" - like campaigns that run into the millions of dollars, or when I see some Hollywood snob talk about their latest "vacation" or their new (and 4th) mansion, etc. That's one of the first things that comes to my mind: Imagine how many homeless and hungry you could have helped with all that money.

But, it's their money. And we don't get to dictate how other people use their money, even the amounts that are mind blowing.
AND, they actually DID spend a large amount of money on feeding those less fortunate. 5,100 people 3 times a day for multiple days, I think it was 3 days. So in the neighborhood of 46,000 meals served.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:41 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,493 times
I wonder what the world would be like if shmucks like us on an internet forum could dictate how others spend their money. Oh... the chaos we could create.... muahahahah!!

Old 12-11-2018, 02:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:

Like whining about some people spending their own $$$ how they choose while giving others like Trump a pass on how they spend their $$$?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies