Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you opposed to getting a flu shot?
Yes 94 38.06%
No 153 61.94%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:55 PM

7,364 posts, read 6,548,355 times

Advertisements

(answering the OP, not reading all 31 pages)
I always do better without it. Also I was at my doctor's the other day (routine insurance physical) and he said he'd already seen 10 flu cases and all of them had had the flu shot.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:26 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,460,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Interesting logical fallacy you posted there. Did I say that? No, I did not. But even though Big Ag, Big Pharma, Big Auto and the like have their issues, I'm not going to refuse to use their products. I believe that is called "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
Or, you could gather together and try to make them change harmful practices. You could refuse their crap in favor of an alternative until they fix it. Many people have been successful and you've benefited from their work before in Big Ag as you call it.

Like Wendy Dolin did with big pharma. She sued them for her husband's suicide when he was on Paxil. She won. Wendy Dolin called the verdict "a great day for consumers," though she said the result was bittersweet.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...420-story.html

People can make a difference, you don't have to use products you aren't sure are safe or work. Like, for example, the flu vaccine.

*Oh yeah, my bad, you can't sue Pharma for a vaccine injury. Special court and all that.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Quote:
Actually, Trump says he never asked Kennedy to be on any "panel".
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/u...ype=collection
This "panel" never happened. RFK, Jr. is still on the "mercury" kick, even though Thimerosal was removed from childhood vaccines 17 years ago. Kennedy likely last took a science course in high school.
So, no Thimerosal in flu vaccines anymore? None in tetanus? None in the multi-dose Sanofi Menomune vaccine that's been approved?

So the CDC removed it all after they realized the amount of mercury in all those childhood vaccines in their little schedule exceeded the national and global max safety limits? All of it? And now no children or pregnant women get vaccines containing it?
We went through this thimerosal issue a couple days ago Tonk, when you were still playing that you were "just asking questions". I knew, from previous experience that you are an antivaxer.

80% of the US injectable flu vaccine is thimerosal-free. You can post thousands of pictures of boxes of multidose flu with thimerosal in it, but that is the fact. I posted a link previously.

There is thimerosal-free "tetanus" vaccine. In point of fact, there is no single antigen "tetanus".

There was thimerosal in the multidose Menomune which was only recommended for use in people over 55. However, there was also a thimerosal-free form of the vaccine. And, you and Bobby Kennedy, Jr. can quit worrying about it because production of the vaccine has been discontinued.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/news-an...iscontinuation

No, the CDC removed thimerosal as a precautionary measure. The WHO feels thimerosal is safe. https://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/c.../questions/en/
Here is what the Canadians say about thimerosal: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...statement.html
Here is a good explanation from the FDA. https://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodva...fety/ucm096228

Your last question is a trap. No matter how I answer it you will twist it into something anti-vax. I cannot know what is going on in every ped/ob office in the country. However, it is safe to presume they are all following best practices.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Or, you could gather together and try to make them change harmful practices. You could refuse their crap in favor of an alternative until they fix it. Many people have been successful and you've benefited from their work before in Big Ag as you call it.

Like Wendy Dolin did with big pharma. She sued them for her husband's suicide when he was on Paxil. She won. Wendy Dolin called the verdict "a great day for consumers," though she said the result was bittersweet.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...420-story.html

People can make a difference, you don't have to use products you aren't sure are safe or work. Like, for example, the flu vaccine.

*Oh yeah, my bad, you can't sue Pharma for a vaccine injury. Special court and all that.
You can sue "Big Pharma" (such a silly name) for a vaccine injury after you've gone through vaccine court.
https://vaxopedia.org/2018/05/28/can...manufacturers/

This thread is not about Paxil.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:54 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,460,186 times
Quote:
You can sue "Big Pharma" (such a silly name) for a vaccine injury after you've gone through vaccine court.
https://vaxopedia.org/2018/05/28/can...manufacturers/

This thread is not about Paxil.
Vaccine court. lol They must have a lot of injuries to have their own court.

So yes on the mercury, unless you ask for the mercury-free? (Which so many people know to do I'm sure.)

Calling me the dreaded "anti-vax" doesn't make it true Kit Wit. After all, I'm not calling you a Pharma rep.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:58 PM

15,124 posts, read 8,671,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The vast majority of people who refuse to get a flu shot are the raging liberals who also believe that infant vaccinations cause autism, that 'natural' toothpaste is good for their teeth, yet fluoride in their water is bad for them, that GMOs are bad for them, that fracking is a net negative, etc.

In other words, liberals are anti-science and will believe any trend that they can jump on at any moment. The poor things simply cannot help themselves, as they are programmed to try to fit in with their contemporaries.
This is the clueless post of the year.

That I am a staunch conservative thru and thru, is no revelation to anyone familiar with any of the gazillion posts of mine these past several years ... nor would it surprise many if I stated again, what I have said many times about “modern” liberalism being a mental disorder ....

That said, it seems that the brainwashing isn’t exclusively affecting our left wingers ....

In one paragraph ... you’ve covered it all .... totally lost, in that everything you think you know, is completely false, including the ridiculous notion that it’s the liberals that are railing against the “system”.

Fact 1- the FDA has been aware of, and actively covered up the causal link between the exploding levels of autism, and increases in the childhood vaccine schedule. Of course, anyone with two brain cells capable of shaking hands might not find it so hard to contemplate the possibility that neurotoxins found in plentiful amounts in vaccines might be linked to a neurological disorder like Autism .... this is no more of a stretch to ones imagination than to consider a dented fender being linked with an automobile accident.

Fact 2 - that fluoride is a toxic waist product, harmful to human health is now pretty much understood by a majority who possess the minimum reading skills attained by 4th grade. It’s also a scientific fact that the disease called fluorodosis, which affects the teeth, is caused by fluoride.

Fact 3 - Genetically Modified organisms tested on rats grow tumors half the size of their entire bodies.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:12 PM

16,686 posts, read 8,686,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am also one of those 40% saying no to flu vaccines. i was forced to get one in 1976 in order to attend school. the problem is i got the flu after getting the vaccine. so never again.
The "flu shots" you are referring to back in the 1970's were nothing of the sort. Instead that scar you have on your arm is from a inoculation gun you were given for XYZ, not the flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Measles is rampant here in Sarasota now due to lack of vax.

Glad to hear you "know" or "don't know" things that even George Washington accepted as fact (he immunized his troops for smallpox)...

You probably "feel it in your bones" that a Flu shot is bad.

Flu shots, BTW, are close to free and NOT a money-maker for Big Pharma. They were developed largely by private foundations that didn't want people to suffer and die (Rockefeller foundation, Johns Hopkins and others).

Look around....this mysterious polio-like disease killing children, flu killing many.

80,000 flu deaths last year.
"Last year, 80 percent of pediatric deaths occurred in children who were unvaccinated, according to the CDC."

I wouldn't brag about affecting the herd. Maybe you will pass on Flu to a kid or elder who then succumbs. Not smart.
It is amazing how often you are either wrong or misinformed, yet you still feel as if your opinion is valid for some reason.
The evil "bid pharma" (I suppose like big oil and other evil works of satan) has saved more lives and enriched more lives than you seem capable of understanding.

The flu vaccine is a newer phenomenon, yet to some growing up today, it seems like a PB & J sandwich.

Many people, including my parents never once took the flu vaccine, and never caught a flu, despite some of their elderly friends who did, and yet some still got sick.
That of course is an anecdotal story, but rest assured getting or not getting a flu shot is a far different matter than not getting inoculated with standard vaccines, for serious and sometimes deadly pathogens that can become an epidemic.

`

Old 12-18-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
The efficacy of last year's shot was about 40% total. Which number is larger, 40 or 0?
As stated previously, efficacy estimates are pure speculation (at best), based on purely unproven assumptions.

Stated more bluntly, there is no validity to these figures whatsoever. An analogy might help here ... let’s say we place a Greenbay Packer bobble head on the dash of 1000 cars, and those 1000 cars experience a statistical decrease in accident rates, compared to the average ... did the bobble head improve driver safety? The entire exercise would be meaningless since bobble heads couldn’t possibly prevent accidents ... yet the statistics might show this, based purely on random chance. The same is true when attempting to present efficacy figures of vaccines, given the randomness of assuming virus exposure rates, among the other countless variables which might contribute to increases or decreases in infection rates, having nothing to do with vaccine usage.

Quote:
Again, even in the worst years, it's better than 0.
Based on my personal experience ... doing nothing at all was 96% effective in preventing the flu. Convince me why I should reduce that to 40%, by taking the vaccine?

Quote:
Wrong. Antivaxism spans the political spectrum.
True ... cluelessness does indeed span the political spectrum.

Quote:
Excellent post, my derriere! I know we're not supposed to discuss credentials of posters, but why should we believe a poster on City-Data whose credentials in health care are unknown at best?

It's untrue that there is no manufacturer liability. See this:
https://violentmetaphors.com/2013/11...lin-mcroberts/
"Why Anti-vaxers Hate the NVICP and Just What is it Anyway"
"The NVICP is a special court set up by Congress for people who claim they were injured by vaccines. Instead of having to sue the vaccine makers, which is an incredibly expensive, difficult, and time-consuming process, those plaintiffs get fast-tracked through a non-adversarial system. That means that instead of making them fight with the vaccine makers’ lawyers, the government pays for the plaintiffs’ counsel and works with them to determine whether compensation is appropriate. Plaintiffs in the NVICP win their cases much more often than plaintiffs in the normal product-liability courts, and even if they lose they don’t have to pay for their own lawyers."
I’ve heard the line “I’m from the government, and here to help you” nonsense ... but this is is a real doozy...

Here’s the truth .... this “system” is designed to accomplish several beneficial outcomes, none of which apply to the victims suffering damage.

1) it’s a shut up and go away, hush money system, which is NOT PAID FOR BY THE VACCINE MANUFACTURERS, as the monies paid in damages come from a portion of the costs tagged onto each vaccination jab. In other words, each vaccine recipient foots the bill for those who suffer damage. It’s a greate little scheme if you can afford to buy congressmen ... which the vaccine makers are surely flush with cash to do it. After all, $4,000,000,000+ is a lot of loot to spread around to our elected bribe takers ... which is the figure to date, paid in damages, of which not a penny came from the liable parties. No guilt, no cost, no repercussions... no bad press for Big Pharma .... a sweet deal, if you can afford it.

2) By having their own little court system extraneous to the the mainstream justice system applying to everyone and everything not vaccine related, proceedings, court records and transcripts are not widely available for review, thereby keeping the dirty laundry secrets, secret. And, contrary to our mainstream justice system, which must decide and declare an entity either liable, or not liable for damages (guilty or not guilty), no such judgements are rendered there ... in fact, each award specifically states that the awarding of damages only recognize that actual damage was suffered, but explicitly insists that the decision does not conclude that the vaccine caused the damage. How brilliantly convenient!!!

Quote:
Plus much more. And to repeat, no one who is pro-vax says that vaccines are 100% safe, but they are very close to that.
Vaccine needles are as safe as firearms .... so long as you don’t point them at a person, and pull the trigger, they’re safe. And that’s where safety begins and ends, with both.

See the vaccine court scheme as the gate keeper, keeping vaccines safe from the guilty verdict that would otherwise occur, if not kept quiet and secret by kangaroos wearing black gowns.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 12-18-2018 at 10:56 PM..

Old 12-18-2018, 11:09 PM

Worth reading for those who want to be informed:

https://www.collective-evolution.com...lly-dangerous/

Old 12-18-2018, 11:25 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,749,170 times
Registered Influenza deaths, per capita (flu deaths/100,000 people), in the US dropped dramatically during the period 1930-31 to 2000-01, and has fallen further since then. Whether this is the result of increases in vaccinations or, more generally, public health and ecological factors is not clear.

At 75, I don't care. I get vaccinated... so far so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies