Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 06:01 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,277 times

Advertisements

Trump Inc or Trump campaign 2020 will find a way to confiscate the money, this vet raises. Trump's re-election campaign found a way to fundraise off the Oval Office speech, last night. Appears they stop at nothing.

Trump, in an email sent to his base Tuesday afternoon, asked for donations to his “Official Secure the Border Fund” through the Trump Make America Great Again Committee. That’s a joint fundraising committee for the Trump campaign and the RNC.
“We need to raise $500,000 in ONE DAY,” the email reads. “I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund,” stated the Trump-signed memo. “Please make a special contribution of $5 by 9 PM EST.” “I wouldn’t be speaking to you tonight if this wasn’t one of the most critical times in the history of our country. I need you to step up,” the fundraising email says.

The fundraising request went on to include the usual fear mongering, questionable cherry picked facts and scare tactics we have all learned to expect from his administration.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway got asked about the fundraising letter Tuesday, while appearing on Harris Faulkner’s Fox News Channel program. Conway declined to comment, explaining she had not seen it “and here at the White House I’m not meant to be political.”

Disgraceful!

Old 01-09-2019, 06:06 AM

59,001 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No Democrats oppose border security. No Pubs oppose border security. This shutdown is not about border security.

It's about tRump desire for border drama.

Funny how tRump calls the major networks/publications "fake news" when he snuggles up to the NY tabloids.

You don't live on the border.

I do.

I've crossed that border many hundreds of times over the past four decades.

There's no "national emergency" and the border has never been as secure as it is now. 25 years ago, it was a real problem. Auto theft and property crime were out of control.

That's all been reduced to negligible.

tRump is just playing to his gullible low-info base.

"I've crossed that border many hundreds of times over the past four decades."

And WHERE did you cross.

"There's no "national emergency" and the border has never been as secure as it is now."

The head of Border Control says DIFFERENTLY, INCLUDING the former head who worked under Obama as well as the many agents who work the border.

There is even a TV show with shows how bad the problem is.

Funny they ALL say there is a BIG problem but, we KNOW YOU know better then all of them put together!

Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump shut down the goorerment, the democrats insist on keeping it closed.
If he shut it down then it’s Trump who insidts on keeping it closed.

You can’t close the kitchen and then blame the waiters, chefs and staff for not opening it back up.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thanks for what seems a bit more fair and balanced reasoning, not directed to me, but if I may...

The term POC is a common one, unfortunately, because most people tend to think in terms of our different skin colors. Hard to argue that most Mexicans/Hispanics tend to have darker skins than typical caucasian Americans and that's probably enough about that in need of explanation. Right?

There is a difference between typical pride in country and what makes for more objectionable nationalism. Something like the difference between a healthy interest in sports and one's local team compared to people who go to games wearing face paint and looking to insult or fight with fans of the other team. To have HEALTHY pride in country doesn't include a negative feeling about POC, or immigrants, or foreign cultures, different religions, etc. Why not express pride in America without going into the "them vs us" insult mode?

Trump never did say that all Mexican men were bad. True, but when every time you are talking about the people in Mexico, in particular those trying to cross the border, using descriptions like rapists and murderers, criminals, how can that not be offensive to all Mexicans, Hispanic Americans and the rest of us Americans who don't think or talk in those terms? If the mafia, for example, were mentioned every time the subject of Italian immigrants was brought into focus, what does that tend to suggest about Italians in general?

Understand? I mean, seriously..., do you understand, because it seems Trump supporters just don't get any of this, and forgive me if I'm wrong about this too, but I think it's because all too many Trump supporters tend to be older white males who DO think in terms of our skin color differences. Most won't admit it and many don't even seem to realize it, but all indications are those tendencies are very much alive and well in the minds of Trump supporters under the guise or fear of "bad hombres" always knocking at our door...

"because most people tend to think"

Here you go AGAIN CLAIMING YOU KNOW WHAT OTHERS THINK.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:13 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,620,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Well only another $5.68 billion to go. I think it is good that those who love a wall are going to pay for it. Last I heard 70,000 had donated out of 50,000,000 who voted for Trump. Kind of says something about how much they really want a wall.
Actually Trump got 62,979,636 votes and if you divide that by 5 Billion , all of his voters would only have to cough up is $79.36 a piece.

What a bargain huh?

Let them pay for it!

Old 01-09-2019, 06:15 AM

14,674 posts, read 14,639,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What about tax payers paying for illegal aliens on welfare. More like 100 billion there. The wall is a bargain in comparison.
What about the eleventy zillion Trump supporters themselves collect on welfare? See I can pull fake numbers out of my kiester too.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://rightwing.news/amputee-vet-b...JxR_M6Wbo2G5LQ

"Airman Brian Kolfage, the veteran who lost both of his legs & an arm in the Iraq War, has raised nearly $20 million for the border wall, and things are about to explode as lawyers are wrapping up the legal end of the campaign to begin construction."

I like the billboards someone donated.
Well, gee, it will go towards building less than a mile of wall. Yes...it's happening all right. Only 2,000+ miles to go.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:18 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"because most people tend to think"

Here you go AGAIN CLAIMING YOU KNOW WHAT OTHERS THINK.
That poster tends to think he knows it all.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Round and round we go...

Since people need to buy gasoline to drive on our highways, whether legal or not, with license or not, when buying that gasoline they are CONTRIBUTING toward the expense of repairing our roadways!

"State and local gasoline taxes covered 19.1 percent of total road spending, while the aid provided from the federal government (out of the 18.4 cents per gallon federal gas tax) covered an additional 11.7 percent, for a total of 30.8 percent covered by gas taxes."

Is the reason Trump wall supporters only focus on costs and not benefits the same reason Trump likes to describe illegal immigrants as rapist, drug-dealing criminals? And the reason for all that twisting of facts and truth is what exactly?

Not too hard to guess if you ask me...
" the same reason Trump likes to describe illegal immigrants as rapist, drug-dealing criminals?"

He has NEVER said, ALL OR EVEN MOST but, A LARGE NUMBER OF THEM ARE as w have seen over and over when they finally get caught and we see their criminal records.

I forget the woman's name who was killed by the ILLEGAL who had a long record and had been deported multiple times.

Just this week a police office was killed by an ILLEGAL alien with a record.

The left has said many times, "If it only save 1 person or child, it is worth it.

To DENY a a LOT of bad guys with long records of criminal activity sneak in illegally is pure ignorance.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's all these idiots have is the skin color/race card. The brown's trying to get into our country illegally are the unskilled, uneducated and poor that we don't need and that will be a burden to our society but instead of looking at that they focus on the above which has nothing to do with it and thy know it. I guess they are clueless to the fact the so-called browns from south of our border are allotted the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country by far. So where is this so-called hate for browns?

As you said, if millions of whites were crashing our border illegally that fit the above description we'd be feeling the same way, but they aren't.
"That's all these idiots have is the skin color/race card"

The only idiots are those who harp on skin color.

WE DON 'T CARE WHAT COLOR/RACE YOU ARE or where you came from.

ALL immigrants are welcome as long as we don't exceed the numbers allocated and follow ALL the immigration laws. PERIOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies