Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 10:29 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with a wall financed solely by the Trumplings who want it. I don't think anyone else who opposes it due to it being a costly solution that, in the end, will do nothing to stem the tide of illegal immigration would oppose going that route either. It's their money. If they choose to throw it away, who are we to tell them any different? I say go for it, Trumplings!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It was Trump that said that someone else was going to pay for it. Remember the whole Mexico will pay for the wall thing at his ego stroking parties?
hmm, yea, your comment is reminiscent of "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" or my fav lol "Premiums Will Decrease 3000% .... So you should get a raise when the affordable care act is passed".

Oh that's right, as usual you were so busy getting tingles Obama got a pass on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUd-slJc-GY

Old 01-09-2019, 10:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, yea, your comment is reminiscent of "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" or my fav lol "Premiums Will Decrease 3000% .... So you should get a raise when the affordable care act is passed".

Oh that's right, as usual you were so busy getting tingles Obama got a pass on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUd-slJc-GY
Well I have had the same doctor for years so that wasn't a lie in my case. Any my premiums went up by $18 for our family the year after ACA was passed which was less than the increase previous years. So still a win in my case.

Plus there is the fact that I didn't vote for Obama in his first term. But you go on and make assumptions about me and my voting history.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:58 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
Just like a liberal, let someone else foot the bill so I can benefit and not contribute anything. Illegals aren't just murdering and raping conservatives you know??
Sorry but I am not the one Trumpeting the caveat that illegals are a 'crisis" and a "national emergency".
What happened to that "caravan"?
Why should I contribute to build something to alleviate the President's paranoia and his right wing base that has no merit?

Old 01-09-2019, 10:59 AM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Your problem is with the criminal American contractors who financially abuse their workers and take advantage of illegal labor.

Those are the Criminals in this situation, you surely see that, right? We have labor laws in this country, if a US worker is taking 10 cents a sheet of drywall (a dubious assertion btw, but I'll take your word for it) then, again, it's the American Contractor who is breaking laws by financially, ILLEGALLY, taking advantage of his workers.
Ever heard the expression "It takes two to tango"? No one forced the illegals to come here so they're just as guilty in all of this.

Both those who knowingly hire them and exploit them and the illegals who take these jobs are all criminals.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Still waiting for some actual specifics about how the logistics of this would work.

Who would hire the construction crews?
How would the property be acquired?
Who determines the actual location? Starting point?

Again, inquiring minds...

Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Still waiting for some actual specifics about how the logistics of this would work.

Who would hire the construction crews?
How would the property be acquired?
Who determines the actual location? Starting point?

Again, inquiring minds...
Oh come on. You know that's not how it works when you're a big time builder. You just walk in and demand money for a big beautiful building, at a TBD location on property you don't own, with no plans on height or building materials, and the bank just hands you money.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It costs 49 billion a year to educate children who have been dragged into or sent into The United States.

The Wall is a bargain.
All Dems can do is chant the same unfounded nonsense over and over - it ain't gonna work; you guys are suckers; I thought Mexico was going to pay; and on and on.
Keep the government shut until Congress comes up with a comprehensive immigration plan that makes sense and is funded. They have had 40 years to work on it; now would be a good time. Dems don't want a wall? ...... Come up something else. 'Cuz I don't think Trump is going to give in to your demands that he open up while you "negotiate".
Well the Dems did have a plan offered to Trump and he then blew it with his silly "chain migration" issue as well.
Now he has nothing but 800,000 federal employees without paychecks and no wall.

So much Winning !

Old 01-09-2019, 11:30 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What about tax payers paying for illegal aliens on welfare. More like 100 billion there. The wall is a bargain in comparison.
So what stops drugs coming in from legal ports of entry, or what stops illegals trying to come in through airports? So we build a big dome over the country?

Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's refreshing to hear. To change one's opinion is viewed so negatively in our society. You flip flopped. You're wishy washy. So long as it's due to additional facts and analysis and not who is buttering your bread, it should be considered as noble.

We debate issues and cover our talking points, not because we expect anyone to do a 180 but in order to plant a seed for additional thought. No one will capitulate. But maybe they will think about it later. I myself have thought further in response to adversarial points and I know some of my views have changed over the years as a result of those thoughts.
Refreshing and rare indeed!

Why We Believe What We Do...

Sorry, but I can't help but again refer to this other thread that is about just how rare it is we change our mind about anything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies