Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I always speak for myself, I'm still laughing at you BTW. 3 weeks.
LOL. Sure you are. Methinks thou dost protest too much. Who are you working so very hard to convince, us or yourself? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 01:28 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's hilarious!

THey are desperately trying to drive the narrative that "Trump caved." THey went one week after another about people weren't being paid because of him, and how he needs to just end this--he does that, and says "let's give it 3 weeks and go back to negotiating" and Dems are running around like "WE WON WE WON" lol.

I agree, he needs to drill the fact that people are back to being paid because he didn't like how far down the Dems had sunken by placing their safety of it's citizens in exchange for extending priveleges to illegal aliens.
He doesn't need to "drill" anything. The people who support him (like you) already blame Democrats for literally everything -- crime, poverty, civil rights, teenage pregnancy, Muslims, loss of factory jobs, Roseanne being cancelled, etc.

For everyone capable of objective, rational thought, Trump is the decisive loser this time. Just like the Democrats were the clear losers during the last shutdown standoff.

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If he cared so damn much this would of never happened in the first place. Same goes for Nancy and company.

^^^^^ This.

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
This nation is doomed if we have to cater to you thin skinned morons for much longer.
You should go get some Covfefe and a Hamberder or two and relax a bit. It will be good for that thin skin You seem to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
We're calling Trump a loser, which he is. He got spanked by Nancy Pelosi and he caved, getting absolutely nothing for his 35 days of needless pain. So yeah, he looks pretty weak to me.

Glad you are enjoying this. I admit I'm laughing pretty hard today, too, at how hard his supporters are working to try to make this major cave sound like a win. It doesn't get any funnier than that.
Twice in one week!!! Definitely "The Art of the Deal!"

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The GOP has made it clear that the federal government is a hostage they can hold for ransom.

“I think some of our members may have thought the default issue was a hostage you might take a chance at shooting. Most of us didn’t think that. What we did learn is this it’s a hostage that’s worth ransoming. And it focuses the Congress on something that must be done.”

-Mitch McConnell

Are we normally inclined to give people credit for releasing hostages?
McConnell's just twitchy because so many Rs were breaking from Trump support... elections coming up in 2020.

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Or maybe he actually cares about the American people. He knew he was in a no win situation and things were about to get ugly with the shutdown. At least he showed the world what a phony Pelosi is who didn't even care enough to stay in the country and try to work out a deal.
So he cares so much that he caused the pain to those American people just so that he could take the deal that Pelosi offered weeks ago to save them? He wouldn't even stay in the room to try to work out a deal, he had to storm off like a toddler when he was told no.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:29 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
This nation is doomed if we have to cater to you thin skinned morons for much longer.
Somebody sounds peeved.

Strong women are scary, aren't they?

850 posts, read 796,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You know you accuse others of being petty, when I wasn’t and indicated I think the President showed real leadership, you turn around and spout this petty nonsense yourself. And make no mistake showing grace when something doesn’t go your way is much more indicative of a leader than having a temper tantrum.

I didn’t think I would ever say this but please act a little more like President Trump and have some dignity and self respect.
Yes please act mature and oh wait another tweet storm coming.

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Hey... she doesn't think Obama was the biggest wimp. Clearly, he can be no better than 3rd biggest in her book.

Trump must be fuming at Twitter right now.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:30 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
What exactly did the Democrats get?
They got people paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies