Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:07 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Trump took full ownership of the shut down .trump had no other options.

He shouldn't have said that, and you know it. This was a Trump/Pelosi shutdown simple. The next shutdown will be a Democratic one if they don't compromise on barrier funding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 02:08 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Gives into what? Boobery?
Conservative media is hammering Trump. Both Drudge and Breitbart running “No Wall” in red siren font on homepages.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
yeah kind of a big nothing burger. only way its a win for the democrats is if its a sign of greater caves to come.
I wonder what you would be saying had the democrats gave him his wall money.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
YES! Do I sound like this is is a good thing?

Pelosi is now spewing her freakin hot air. The most disingenuous manipulative person on the hill.
I GUARANTEE THIS IS A BACK ROOM DEAL!
Pelosi, Schumer, and Trump came up with a plan that would allow the DIMMs to save face and bash him. He cares little if he's bashed. His base never abandons him and has grown.

The Dems will not recover from the last month. Write it down and hold me to that prediction.
Are you serious? The Dems are solidly behind Pelosi. Trump's ratings, however, are in the dumpster.

The Dems are in love with Pelosi. She speaks and acts in a much more presidential and respectful manner than Trump. Did you even listen to her answers?

She is extremely respectful to everyone. Trump is respectful to nobody. This is why people respect her.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:09 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
He shouldn't have said that, and you know it. This was a Trump/Pelosi shutdown simple. The next shutdown will be a Democratic one if they don't compromise on barrier funding.
Negative. Shutting down the government is never an acceptable result from failure to pass a policy you want. If Trump doesn't have enough votes in Congress for a wall, that doesn't give him the right to shutdown the government.

The Dems were 100% in the right when they demanded the gov reopen before any policy negotiations proceeded.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:11 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
How dare you dispute this liberal moral victory.

Ironically, this democratic chest pumping is why Trump has no intention of giving up his wall when the 3 weeks is up and the government is shutdown again.
You guys said he wouldn’t give up now, but OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
All I'm seeing is spin from both sides. What is the actual deal? If we are back to square one after 3 weeks I don't see how this makes much difference at all.
It will be very hard politically for the orange maniac to shut down the government again.

If no deal in 3 weeks he will likely try the executive emergency route which will take this issue off the hook for him and place it in the courts for the remainder of his presidency.

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This nation is doomed if we have to cater to you thin skinned morons for much longer.
Why? I expected better from the "stable genius" who wrote "The Art of the Deal."

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Why did he give in? Did a little birdie tell him Trumo was finished if he didn't give up the ludicrous pursuit of his tower of Babel?

Old 01-25-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Yes he caved. I figured he would. Many of my fellow Trump voters are in denial.
I'm so glad Trump came to his senses and caved here. There is no excuse for holding American workers hostage because he doesn't have enough votes to achieve his political goals in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies