Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 06:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 9,541,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
Is it your position that this is the reason for 100% of police stops of black citizens? Also, how can they tell what color the occupant of the car is if the windows are "tinted past legal"?
I don't understand why people do not get that while blacks are 13% of the population, they commit 70% of the violent crime. You can't go a night on the local Chicago news without hearing of violent crime. 99 times out of 100, it's by a black person and that's only IF they report it. Sometimes, they don't. You can always look it up though. So you can say it's racial profiling and it's wrong, but if you want to actually stop the crime, it seems like it makes the most sense to look at who is committing the most crime.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think you are still not getting the point. Sure, if suddenly, nobody took on debt, there would be an economic crisis. But the same could be said for anything. As I said, I made most my wealth by utilizing debt. But if everyone took on similar levels of debt that I took on, there would be an economic crisis as well. Thankfully, in capitalism, there are many many paths to “success”, so we are not all funneled into the same one.
He is taking on debt for the good of the country. Can't you see?

Old 01-09-2019, 06:46 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well maybe whites should be more confident about their own prospects and quit making ridiculous determinations about ours.

After all, they don’t seem to care that blacks think whites in general are getting over like fat rats, do they?
Getting over? lol What does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Or maybe whites should just ask us if things are getting better if they’re so curious about it. And we all know the truth: they aren’t THAT curious.
You don't think it's getting better for non blacks do you?

Old 01-09-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^
My daughter once worked for a chain restaurant that was in "the hood". One day she noticed a young woman come into the restaurant with her newborn baby. The baby was entirely dressed in Michael Kors. My daughter asked her GM (who was black) why anyone would pay all that money when newborns quickly grow out of their clothing. Her GM said this --- it's called "ghetto fabulous". Then the GM added---they may not have money for the rent but they still go out and buy these outfits.

--------------------------------
I used to be an appraiser for Los Angeles county and I went to some mostly black areas to work in like Inglewood. One thing I noticed was, there would be a lot of nice cars in the driveways and tons of furniture in the house, to the point it looked odd because it took up so much of the room.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:50 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't understand why people do not get that while blacks are 13% of the population, they commit 70% of the violent crime. You can't go a night on the local Chicago news without hearing of violent crime. 99 times out of 100, it's by a black person and that's only IF they report it. Sometimes, they don't. You can always look it up though. So you can say it's racial profiling and it's wrong, but if you want to actually stop the crime, it seems like it makes the most sense to look at who is committing the most crime.

What you are leaving out is that the Chicago area has about 10 million people, of which about 1.7 million are "black". Even if 17,000 black people were committing violent crime in Chicago Land....that represents only 1% of the black people. There were 560 murders in Chicago last year and I don't know how many more in the suburbs (a lot less I am sure). The point is, far less than 1% of the black population is committing violent crime yearly, even in the supposed worst cities (like Chicago). There are probably a higher percentage of black people that are doctors or lawyers, than there are black people who commit violent crime. Yet, how often do black people get profiled as being doctors or lawyers while driving? Ergo, one can't intelligently profile "A PEOPLE" based upon the behavior of 1% or less of them. If that is the case, then most definitely all white people should be profiled as racist because far more than 1% of them are.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I didn't interpret the original post that way. The main thing I took away from it is that many white people tend to make an awful lot of assumptions about the lives of black people, all without ever asking an actual black person.
Give an example if you would. Why would I have to be a certain sex, race, or religion to understand? As in why would a black person know and not a non black. I'm really interested because I hear "you have to be black to understand", which is just a way to avoid discussion imo.

Easy enough to look at the numbers and make solid generalizations. Granted how one interprets the info is another matter.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Republicans have done no better. If all Trump could come up with is "what do you have to lose" and "the Democrats have done nothing for you", then it isn't enough. Trump has to do better than that. Truth is, alot of Democrats are no better. Both the Democrats and the Republicans put Black people last. It boils down to these two choices for Blacks:

1) A political party who puts you last, but will at least tell you what you want to hear and/or address what is important to you.

2) A political party who puts you last, flat out ignores you or when you are addressed, you are addressed in such a way that you're made to feel like a pest or a burden.

Okay, so the Democrats aren't doing enough. Republicans aren't doing any better.
I don't know what you expect or want from Trump. Black unemployment is at an all time low. Trump has both implemented programs and continued Obama era programs for inner city blacks. If you don't believe it, google Darrell Scott and read about it. I don't have time to. What do you want? Seriously? Blacks don't seem to want to admit it, but what they want is reparations. I would argue they have already gotten them from foodstamps, section 8, etc. And don't tell me whites get more of that than blacks. They may get more in absolute $$ because there are more of them. But as a percentage of their group, blacks get way more.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's not MY title. The title is from the article. How about a little due diligence? You were salivating to find something to discredit the messenger because you hate the truth of the message.
Because you agree with the title means little? lol Keep trying, you'll always loose when you ignore the truth.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:02 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,703,420 times
Quote:
What you are leaving out is that the Chicago area has about 10 million people, of which about 1.7 million are "black". Even if 17,000 black people were committing violent crime in Chicago Land....that represents only 1% of the black people. There were 560 murders in Chicago last year and I don't know how many more in the suburbs (a lot less I am sure). The point is, far less than 1% of the black population is committing violent crime yearly, even in the supposed worst cities (like Chicago). There are probably a higher percentage of black people that are doctors or lawyers, than there are black people who commit violent crime. Yet, how often do black people get profiled as being doctors or lawyers while driving? Ergo, one can't intelligently profile "A PEOPLE" based upon the behavior of 1% or less of them. If that is the case, then most definitely all white people should be profiled as racist because far more than 1% of them are.
Well said. Repped.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I have never refused to acknowledge that....because you never asked that question. We are talking about the differentials, not the absolutes here. I look at the white rates of thinks in America as the "baseline" since they are the largest demographic. Hence, the differential in black rates vs the baseline is what I am explaining, not the complete rate itself. For example, if the baseline rate of poverty in America is 8% (or whatever it is) and the black rate of poverty is 24%, then the differential is largely rooted in the history and continuation and complications of racism. If it were 8% of blacks too.....then of course, that would be naturally of our making just like it naturally resulted in 8% for whites.
It's not racism. That's just you with your agenda driven blinders on so you can blame whitey. I get it. We're the white devil. We're the ones holding blacks down. Right?

Yet all one has to do to have a 75% chance of being middle class or higher and less than a 5% chance of being permanently poor is to finish high school, work full time, and wait until you're 21 to get married and have kids.

Where was the racism up until the 1920's when blacks HAD A LOWER UNEMPLOYMENT RATE THAN WHITES. Are we more racist now?

Yet you blame whitey. You're exactly like the ones you are blaming. Except in your case, it's true. You have a disgusting, repugnant view on whites and everytime you post your racism, you should be outed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies