Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should POTUS declare a state of emergency for the border wall?
Yes 96 34.78%
No 180 65.22%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 03:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

Nope. He won't.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:40 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
I wasn't sure which of the many wall threads to put this in, but I thought I'd throw this here for the rabid "walls don't work" liars.

When local media calls out fake news media:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68608919420930

Go ahead, watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 04:50 PM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
What if a guy living the the U.S. is unable to feed his family and doesn't feel safe having his family living on the streets. He goes and robs a bank so that he can feed his family and to afford a house to raise his family so that they are now safe.

This guy robs a bank, which is illegal. Democrcats don't want to throw him in prison because we need to keep him with his family. Lord knows we can't separate him from his children....the democrats would have a fit if this guy goes to prison and can't be with his family. Guy and family are allowed to find the safety they need and family stays together and dad doesn't go to prison. The U.S. gives them free food and insurance and family is now safe.

To me that situation above sounds about as crazy as allowing illegals to come into this country illegally and we feed them and provide insurance. How is that right. They should be prevented from coming here. They are breaking the law and we allow it and reward it.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I believe this is correct.

Trump will be forced to declare a national emergency to protect the U.S. border. The Democrats will end up looking like idiots because they opposed Trump on this fundamental security issue.

This will be the political miscalculation of a generation.
Yeah, by Trump.

Tell me ~ IF the 'wall' wasn't an emergency for the past two years - what suddenly made it an emergency in January 2019?

It wasn't an emergency in 2017.

Nor in 2018.

But *suddenly* with the Democrats in power in the House; it became an emergency.

Color me shocked.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
He won't win by a 49-state landside. Politics in the USA is so polarized these days this is basically impossible. He will be lucky to win re-election with the same electoral count he got in 2016. Maybe just maybe win the popular vote too.

But I agree with the premise, his base will reward him and right-leaning independents will vote for him, if he does this move. He already lost democrats + left-leaning independents so there is no use playing to the center. Now it's all about energizing his base as much as possible so every single one of them goes to the polls and votes for him.

Also, declaring it a national emergency and beginning the process to build the wall will mean unfinished business come 2020. It will be a real referendum on the wall. Americans will know if Trump loses the wall is halted immediately.
How do you think Trump could win the popular vote when the midterms were so dramatically anti-GOP???
He is making more enemies with every day he is in office
Now he is threatening to steal monies from Puerto Rico's recovery program--never that great--to feed his dementia about the wall...
THAT won't win him any votes in FL or other locations where Puerto Ricans have gone--
And THOSE votes will have more impact in a US state vs a territory...

He is threatening to cut off disaster money from CA --
He is just irrational in that he totally discounts any negatives from these comments
Watching too much Fox News and not really getting any critical advice from his go-fers...

And frankly there is nothing good coming from Mueller's investigation or SDNY
The idea that Guilianni floated that Trump could just X out parts of Mueller's report that he thought was "untrue" or "unfair" is idiotic...
The gross incompetency of this Admin should scare anyone over the age of 5...
Mnuchin's meeting with the Dems about the decision to lift sanctions on Derapaska's business was pathetic
We just fall farther and farther down a rabbit hole...

Old 01-11-2019, 05:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah, by Trump.

Tell me ~ IF the 'wall' wasn't an emergency for the past two years - what suddenly made it an emergency in January 2019?

It wasn't an emergency in 2017.

Nor in 2018.

But *suddenly* with the Democrats in power in the House; it became an emergency.

Color me shocked.

And Trump's semantics just prove your point---
IF the Dems don't knuckle under and do what he wants then it BECOMES an emergency situation-
Doesn't work that way...
A car fire is a car fire whether the fire Dept shows up or not
A flood is a flood whether FEMA shows up or not

If this is ONLY a national emergency IF THE DEMS DON"T GIVE HIM A WALL then it's not a national emergency

And there is no way he would have threatened this if Mattis was Sec of Defence--
No way Mattis would have allowed him to even threaten to steal money from the military for this bogus fail...

Old 01-11-2019, 05:15 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Trump said today that he was not going to declare an Emergency.

Trump is cutting down his own argument. You do not put off an Emergency, you declare one if there is one.

In this case Trump showed there is no Emergency.

Trump negotiating with himself and losing

Old 01-11-2019, 05:16 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
This is a funny thread.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:21 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
This is a funny thread.
Any thread that claims that either party could win a 49 State landslide with the current partisan divide in this country is either bad satire or pure partisan delusion.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:28 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Any thread that claims that either party could win a 49 State landslide with the current partisan divide in this country is either bad satire or pure partisan delusion.
Correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies