Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 11:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
One of the defining aspect of Nazi politics was to accuse their opponents of that which they were guilty.

The Republican Party is built entirely around bigotry against Americans who aren't white, male, heterosexual, and the right kind of Christian. The Republican Party is built around right-wing authoritarianism and this idea that there is one "American culture," largely exemplified by the television sitcoms of the late 1950s and 1960s and everyone should be forced to conform to that ideal. The Republican Party is built around the the believe that America experienced a golden age in the 1950s and if we could just do away with equal rights for people who aren't white heterosexual Christian males, we could return to our former glory. Overall, today's Republican Party is strikingly similar in many ways to the Nazi Party of the 1930s.
LOL. all Dem talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It appears the only way to stop this Nazi/Democrat overthrow is to cut taxes on rich people, and cut that capital gains tax! GOP tax cuts are our only salvation from left wing overthrow!! Make sure you lobby for tax cuts from your trailer, Trump voters!!
Can I have your tax returns? TIA

Old 01-28-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean like declaring a 'national emergency' in order to bypass a lawfully elected legislature to pursue one's own projects?
This "project" was the Dems not too long ago. They all supported the wall and said we needed it. What happened?

Old 01-28-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Yes, we all know Nazis, neo-Nazis, Skinheads, KKK, and other racists all identify themselves with the Republic.....er, Democratic party.

Imagine if I make a thread claiming Hollywood is filled with right-wing Republicans, this thread is on that level of stupid.
Where did you get that? I just posted a woman telling us about what she went through in Austria. You must have projected big time.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As opposed to your path which says only white heterosexual conservative Christians are real Americans, patriarchy should be enforced by law, and that refusal to submit to right wing Christian authority is to not be tolerated?

The Christian Right today has far more in common with the Nazis than the left. In fact the Nazis hijacked German Christianity to achieve their fascist goals.
Guess you didn't listen to the video----figures. She said the Nazis got rid of all religion. They were the new religion.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'd be happy to try to "learn" from it, but not to waste a half-hour watching a video by some unknown person - all the more so since her take sounds as if it contradicts historians, who draw the parallel of Nazism with Trump, not with Democrats. And, by the way, it's not unusual to be a "Nazi era survivor." I hope you understand that this is not the same thing as being, for instance, a concentration camp survivor.

Meanwhile, I just ran across something online that says that your person "grossly distorts history.
Can you post the link? Would be interesting who disagrees with her.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:05 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,898,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Letters, and thoughts are not law. The Constitution is law, yet Libs and some supposed conservatives ignore it all the time.

Wealth = Private Property. If that is illegal then so is owning your home, car, bank account, your kids college fund, and 401K. Do you want a limit on those? Then if so, how much is OK?
A billion is just fine.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:45 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Where did you get that? I just posted a woman telling us about what she went through in Austria. You must have projected big time.
Please don't be disingenuous. Yes, she talked about her experience, but she did a lot more than that, and you know it. I am sure there are many videos in which Nazi era survivors talk about their lives without implying that the American liberalism is heading in the same direction. You chose not to use one, because their suffering isn't really the point of this thread, now is it?

Old 01-29-2019, 04:49 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Using religious and racial hatred to gain high office? Trump didn`t invent that.
But that is what the Demonicrats are doing today.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:13 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
What I see on the rise on the left is anti-semitism through the leadership of the Women's March and the failure of Democrat leadership to denounce that or the blatant anti-semitism of the two new Muslim Congresswomen. I see the start of anti-Catholicism in Senators Harris and Hirono questioning the ability of a Catholic to be a Federal judge and the failure of Democrat leadership to denounce them for their words and just very recently the not so subtle anti-Catholicism on display against those kids from Covington KY. I see big city Mayors and Police Chiefs ordering their police to stand down and not intervene when Antifa thugs beat up people in the streets and riot. To me the Antifa gang are reminiscent of the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany.

I also see the left only wanting free speech and religious freedom to only apply to them on our college campuses, in the media, and in the public debate. I see the left's total disregard for the 2nd amendment, and never in history has disarming the public turned out well for the public. I see the left seeing an ever more powerful govt. as being a good thing.

I wouldn't go as far as thinking the modern day left is akin to the rise of Nazi Germany, but they certainly seem to be borrowing some of its tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies