Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Yes, we all know Nazis, neo-Nazis, Skinheads, KKK, and other racists all identify themselves with the Republic.....er, Democratic party.

Imagine if I make a thread claiming Hollywood is filled with right-wing Republicans, this thread is on that level of stupid.
Because you said? lol Try refuting it with facts for once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 05:47 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Blacks voted republican until the 1930s. Any wonder why black unemployment was lower than whites in the the 1920s? The 1930s is when blacks and the poor sold out to handouts offered by the party of the klan.
Anything the GOP was or did prior to the rise of Richard Nixon and later Jerry Falwell has nothing to do with the party today.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:53 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Anything the GOP was or did prior to the rise of Richard Nixon and later Jerry Falwell has nothing to do with the party today.
Don’t forget ‘Ol Strom.

He was my political weather vane.

If I ever happened to agree with anything Strom Thurmond favored, it was time to reassess my position.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Because you said? lol Try refuting it with facts for once.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Don’t forget ‘Ol Strom.

He was my political weather vane.

If I ever happened to agree with anything Strom Thurmond favored, it was time to reassess my position.
Was that when he was a democrat or when he was a republican or both?

Old 01-28-2019, 06:00 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WpuRApX4oQ

Very interesting----hope we learn from it.
This is well known. Fascism can take many forms and we are witnessing the transformation of the Democrat party into a fascist party right before our eyes. The one factor that all these totalitarians have in common is that they put the group ahead of the individual. Today, the Democrat party has no respect for the individual and is more interested in pursuing their collective agenda, which is leading them and eventually the country down a very dangerous path.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
This is well known. Fascism can take many forms and we are witnessing the transformation of the Democrat party into a fascist party right before our eyes. The one factor that all these totalitarians have in common is that they put the group ahead of the individual. Today, the Democrat party has no respect for the individual and is more interested in pursuing their collective agenda, which is leading them and eventually the country down a very dangerous path.
As opposed to your path which says only white heterosexual conservative Christians are real Americans, patriarchy should be enforced by law, and that refusal to submit to right wing Christian authority is to not be tolerated?

The Christian Right today has far more in common with the Nazis than the left. In fact the Nazis hijacked German Christianity to achieve their fascist goals.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:06 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Hmm let’s see.
Promise jobs and better economics to those struggling
Proclaim Germany for Germans
Destroy any media against him
Then find a scapegoat minority group

Yep sounds familiar

As for the guns part, remember that in Germany and in occupied territory there were people fighting them with guns. The Warsaw ghetto was armed with guns that were put in and they were crushed.
It’s beyond stupid to think that an army like Hitlers could had been stopped by armed population when the armies of France and other countries failed.
Also remember the first part of getting the majority of the population to buy in on his agenda. I bet many of those same armed idiots needed up joining his SS goons.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:09 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Very interesting----hope we learn from it.
I'd be happy to try to "learn" from it, but not to waste a half-hour watching a video by some unknown person - all the more so since her take sounds as if it contradicts historians, who draw the parallel of Nazism with Trump, not with Democrats. And, by the way, it's not unusual to be a "Nazi era survivor." I hope you understand that this is not the same thing as being, for instance, a concentration camp survivor.

Meanwhile, I just ran across something online that says that your person "grossly distorts history.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Was that when he was a democrat or when he was a republican or both?
When he was a Republican, but it didn’t matter. I was just a kid before he switched, but he was still Strom, fighting for segregation and basically rewaging the Civjl War.

The then unknown fact that he had fathered a black daughter years before while fighting against civil rights made him an even more reprehensible jackass than we realized at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies