Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 05:52 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Diversity can go beyond skin color. There will always be differences.
I'm simply speaking of diversity in skin color and hair color. As I said, I would hate to see all blue eyed, blondes disappear just as I would hate to see all brown eyed brunettes disappear from too much race mixing. Where's the diversity in that?

Culturally, I would hate to see our identifying one along with our identifying language diluted or replaced with something else.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:54 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm simply speaking of diversity in skin color and hair color. As I said, I would hate to see all blue eyed, blondes disappear just as I would hate to see all brown eyed brunettes disappear from too much race mixing. Where's the diversity in that?

Culturally, I would hate to see our identifying one along with our identifying language diluted or replaced with something else.
Everything changes and fluctuates.

Life uh.. finds a way..

Old 03-07-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Really? Spanish speaking has increased by leaps and bounds in the past few decades and much of it is due to illegal immigration and I don't see that stopping anytime soon or them being deported. You might want to educate yourself on this.

Hispanic children that attended our schools are bi-lingual but Hispanics in general prefer Spanish as their primary language of usage. Their culture is adamant about it.

To claim it won't even be a second language when it already is shows a serious denial problem.
I know like 50% spanish. Younger folks in my family know less to none.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:55 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
I used to think the "white genocide" theory was the result of the wild imagination of paranoid mental nutcases lol.

But then I start researching stuff like the Kalergi Plan, Barbara Spectre, etc and I was like

Not to mention there are some "religious" and political figures who are basically advocating for White Europeans and Americans to be replaced RIGHT OUT OF THEIR OWN MOUTHS for the world to know!...

Truth really is stranger than fiction as they sometimes say...

Exactly right.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:58 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Hispanic children that attended our schools are bi-lingual but Hispanics in general prefer Spanish as their primary language of usage. Their culture is adamant about it.
You seem like an older person that doesn't personally know any young people. Most of the native born "hispanics" are not Spanish Speakers.

There is some bilingualism, but they are almost always more comfortable speaking English, and only speak English among their peers.

Virtually none of the Puerto Ricans in NYC, for example, speak any Spanish.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:59 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Most Latinos are bilingual.
That's overstating their Spanish language ability.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 PM

Biggest complaint of my elders “its a shame these kids don’t know how to speak Spanish”

Old 03-07-2019, 06:10 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
That's overstating their Spanish language ability.
So tell that to Oldglory who's always ranting about Latinos who supposedly don't assimilate. Who's going to have a stroke when he sees a quinceanera with all those brown girls in their finery with their "court" and the mariachi music (but of course they'll play all the top stuff the teens like now).

Old 03-07-2019, 06:10 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Id walk up, talk some ish’ in spanish and high five silverkris. Then we go have some beers.
I have never told anyone in public that they couldn't speak any other language other than English so you all can stop the lies! It is of my "opinion" though that it is rude if you also know English or refuse to learn English. Am I or am I not entitled to my opinion? I don't like you and yours opinions either but I would never tell you that you couldn't express them. That's the difference between you and yours and myself.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:16 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
I have never told anyone in public that they couldn't speak any other language other than English so you all can stop the lies! It is of my "opinion" though that it is rude if you also know English or refuse to learn English. Am I or am I not entitled to my opinion? I don't like you and yours opinions either but I would never tell you that you couldn't express them. That's the difference between you and yours and myself.
No it's not rude. It's a free country. What's rude is your expectation to listen in on private conversations that you aren't a party to.

What's your darned business about what language they speak or don't that doesn't involve you? You can stay upset or just accept things are gonna be what they gonna be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies