Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Colluded with a hostile government to interfere in the outcome of the election. And no, I don't know how that is done. And no, I don't know that Trump could be charged with collusion. But I do know Trump is looking awfully good for obstruction, financial fraud and a few other things. Whether or not any of that pans out remains to be seen.
define "hostile"? We are not in war with Russia. Is China hostile? isn't Mexico hostile, trying to get involved in our elections by flooding our country with massive illegal immigration? if they are, then many people in government and corporations are "colluding" with China and other countries. Why the double standard?

obstruction for firing Comey? LMAO!!! Trump fired Comey because he was incompetent and couldn't be trusted running the investigation after the Hillary debacle, Trump didn't stop the investigation.....try again.

Financial fraud? good luck with that.....what's next, charging Trump with jaywalking in 1983.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:09 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
One reason would be it's NOT A CRIME!
Say Trump gives a speech tomorrow night and begins by saying, Good evening my fellow Russians, white nationalists, ***, Mexican, and Muslim haters. To the D's he says, You're too chicken shiite to impeach me, and yes, Vlad helped coordinate my campaign and election, thank you bud. He closes with, Now I'm off to grab me some *****.

NO CRIME. You don't think he could and would be impeached and convicted. There doesn't have to be a criminal act for impeachment and conviction.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's not what the anti-Trump crowd has been saying for the past two years.
Well, let's face it-that crowd is not exactly Mensa material.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:27 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Democrat faithful got played.
They were told by their leadership that impeachment was imminent and they believed it. If impeachment was imminent then, what has happened now? How come it is 'off the table' now?
Because it was never imminent, that's why. There never were any crimes, and the impeachment story was just used to further the careers of Democrat politicians who had nothing to offer.
It worked, too. Dems flocked to the polls and elected the biggest group of misfits the US Congress will ever see.
You mean Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, and Steve King?

I don't think you guys get it. You have no idea how much a large segment of this country despises Donald Trump and the sycophants in the GOP who stand with him.

In November 2018 a message was sent to the GOP. That message is that the normal people in this country are tired of the poor moral example Trump sets for everyone.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:43 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I don't think you guys get it. You have no idea how much a large segment of this country despises Donald Trump and the sycophants in the GOP who stand with him.
I think our country is currently so polarized by geography its easy to think a majority of the country shares your worldview when it's not quite that simple. Both sides are guilty of this. Where I live, most people are Trump supporters so it's very easy to feel like a majority feel that way. When almost everyone in your sphere of influence is Republican, it's an exhausting upstream swim to be a liberal. I was up in Denver last week on vacation and up there, it was like the Trump era wasn't even happening. It probably had the most progressive, pro-LGBT vibe of anywhere I've been. Religion wasn't constantly in my face everywhere I went. Basically the complete opposite of Oklahoma. When you live somewhere like that, it's easy to think that nobody likes Trump despite the fact that he's overwhelmingly popular in other areas of the country. I can also see why it may be frustrating to be a Bible-belt conservative in a place like that when the culture is so overwhelmingly moving the other direction.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
It worked, too. Dems flocked to the polls and elected the biggest group of misfits the US Congress will ever see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You mean Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, and Steve King? ..............
C'mon, Mark. Don't pretend. Are those people newly elected Democrats?
You know perfectly well who I am talking about. It doesn't matter how much Trump is hated. All the talk about impeachment was just blather used to heat up Democrats. Now that it appears to have rallied the dingbat crowd, Pelosi says "Ha, ha, just kidding! We're not going to impeach him because it's just too much trouble"
So the Dems "know" that Trump has committed high crimes or misdemeanors, but they are not going to attempt to remove him from office because it is too much trouble?! Can't be bothered? Couldn't get the votes, anyway? That's nonsense.
They never had a case and now they know they never will have one. The dingbats - the ones who rallied to the impeach call - are leading the Democrat party over the cliff. And Pelosi is trying to put on the brakes.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,372,535 times
If it wasn't for the phony dirty dossier bought and paid for by the Clinton's and illegal FISA warrants there never would've been a Mueller investigation to begin with.

Now that Stroczk and Page's testimony is coming out revealing what was really behind this witch hunt, everyone involved, including Hilda herself should be indicted and prosecuted.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b71f2eYdTc

5000% treason he should have been arrested before he left the building. If a Democrat sad this they would be in handcuffs in less than 5min and would be going to prison for 30 years.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
One reason would be it's NOT A CRIME!
Neither was banging the staff but it didn't stop the repubs from wasting peoples time.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:19 AM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Neither was banging the staff but it didn't stop the repubs from wasting peoples time.
Having investigations into lying under oath (perjury), witness tampering and obstruction of justice was not wasting people's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies