Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 07:15 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What does "does not exonerate him" even mean?

Sounds like a CYA statement to me.... Like you're reserving your right to change your mind or attempting to justify the unjustified.

If you have evidence to charge obstruction then charge it.

If you don't, then pack it in and move on.
classic cheap shot by losing prosecutors, man found innocent! losing lawyer claims not guilty does not mean he did not commit the crime.

consider the overwhelming legal firepower, time, money spent, subpoenas and trump hating corrupt lawyers on Mueller's team corrupt head of FBI all conspired to move trump form office to save the corrupt Obama administration from prison and could not prove collusion or obstruction.

Dems have now begun to embarrass themselves with suggestions that somehow Mueller failed and incompetent legislators can bring the run into home plate.

Hey, your zipper is down and your shoelace is untied!

Old 03-25-2019, 07:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
I found it interesting that Trump so quickly concluded (Barr's response is what Trump wanted from him, hence his placement) that he'd been exonerated.

Nah... he hasn't been exonerated in terms of "being squeaky clean." The report was specific to the letter of the law in that matter, as it should have been. This report uncovered pretty much what I assumed it would uncover. The Russians DID meddle in our election.

And, there are some people close to Trump who are going to jail for committing actual crimes. And, there are more cases to be heard that relate to this whole issue.

That Mueller could not find some evidence that definitively implicates Trump in any sort of DIRECT "collusion" with Russia to rig the election is unsurprising since I don't think he wanted to win in the first place.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:57 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
I'm so thankful that dems voted in November. Elections have consequences.

House Dems, subpoena Mr. Mueller

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/st...03397724377088

Old 03-25-2019, 08:02 AM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
I'm so glad I don't watch TV news and cut off cable nearly 10 years ago. I listen to none of the talking heads on any side. I get my news from AP or Reuters feeds. I've blocked all the social media political stuff too. Life is much better just reading and learning and not taking any particular side and making up my own mind.

I don't consider Trump to be worthy of the job in which he's been placed. He didn't even really want the job and didn't expect to win, he just wanted to run and use the media to negotiate a better deal with his Apprentice show and NBC. I don't care what party someone is, they have to at least be sane and mentally balanced and be able to serve in the role and that's just the first qualification.

With the release of the report, the journey continues. There will be other continued investigations and those will occur within the district level.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I'm so glad I don't watch TV news and cut off cable nearly 10 years ago. I listen to none of the talking heads on any side. I get my news from AP or Reuters feeds. I've blocked all the social media political stuff too. Life is much better just reading and learning and not taking any particular side and making up my own mind.
Wise move.
There are many good and honest journalists whose lives are made much harder by the distortion,lies and bias shown by some of their colleagues in the MSM.
Whatever happened to the old rules of journalism whereby facts are sacred and stories without them aren't published ?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:06 AM

18,462 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
. This report uncovered pretty much what I assumed it would uncover. The Russians DID meddle in our election.
Of course they did....

This started because Russia hacked the DNC...

Hillary had a unsecured server, unsecured phones....classified info shared on Weiner's PC...that he was using to contact 15 year old girls..no wonder Russia was able to hack the DNC....people working for the DNC were disappearing and turning up dead....on and on

...the DNC was very successful in deflecting it away from them....and blaming Trump

Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
tRump is right to take a victory lap after escaping indictment.

But the report certainly doesn't exonerate him, like he claims.

Hmm.

Exonerate:

To absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing, especially after due consideration of the case.

Seems to me to be the appropriate word for this situation. Trump did not escape anything. If there was proof of collusion Mueller would have nailed him.

Its time now for the country to pull together. However reading the comments here it seems both sides are way too immature to do the right thing. Just more of the same mindless partisanship.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,417,653 times
There are a lot of liars and crooks in this world many of them in DC and big business as well. I listen to all sides of an issue and do not believe all any of them tell me. I make up my mind based upon what I find credible sugarless of the source.

NYC is one of the more corrupt places i have lived, I think DC has surpassed it however when I see what the rogue FBI and DOJ agents did to meddle in our election. Hollywood loves to lecture us about our lives meanwhile they pay to get their inferior intellect kids into prestigious university at the expense of regular folk's kids.

Rather than listen and learn we are governed by divide and hate. Name calling on both sides, anti semiotic behavior on both sides, anti Christians on both sides. We are the divided states of america these days. We need to move the fed gov out of DC. in today's high tech world we do not need the majority of our fed workers in DC. They need to work and live where the country lives. Not exclusively on the coasts which is biased by many things from their living environment and neighbors they listen to instead of voters.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:25 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017...ions/#/charges

With all these people surrounding him indicted and pleading guilty, you really think Trump did nothing wrong or knew nothing about what was going on around him?

Muller did his job. The Trump Organization has to face the Southern District of NY.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ct-of-new-york

Old 03-25-2019, 08:28 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
No it's not the end, nor should it be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies