Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 05:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It is relevant because the same people who bash cops for stepping in bash them for not stepping in.
No they don't.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Lose lose proposition.

If doctor, police, authorities ignored the child and let the parents choose & the kid dies......risk of doctors being blamed.
If doctors use heavy handed method to try and make sure the kid gets treatment, they are overstepping.

I'm sure all of you that want all abortion illegal would say this was warranted and that the police should be able to storm every single home where they think there might be a child not receiving appropriate care.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Lose lose proposition.

If doctor, police, authorities ignored the child and let the parents choose & the kid dies......risk of doctors being blamed.
If doctors use heavy handed method to try and make sure the kid gets treatment, they are overstepping.

I'm sure all of you that want all abortion illegal would say this was warranted and that the police should be able to storm every single home where they think there might be a child not receiving appropriate care.
You also would be wrong.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:22 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
I don't know. I think the cops were in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation. Though I'm not sure why they were the ones immediately involved as opposed to a social services worker. If CPS showed up at their door and wanted to check the child and insist that he be brought to the emergency room if he still had the high fever (which it looks like he didn't), I don't think that would have been unreasonable.

Unfortunately, some parents are idiots and need someone to step in if the child's life is in danger. With that being said, my son used to run high fevers as a young child when he got sick. We saw 104.9 several times. Scared me but after the first couple of times when I took him to the doctor, the doc said that some kids just tend to run high and that it's not an emergency if he has that high of a fever with only mild symptoms. So it's possible that this child also ran high fevers. The problem is that we live in a CYA society. If the kid's pediatrician said, "he's probably fine, just give him some tylenol and alternate it with motrin every three hours and call me tomorrow if the fever hasn't broken," and God forbid that child died, the doctor would have been sued for malpractice. By the time the cops were involved, if the parents weren't letting them in with a warrant, then the parents escalated the situation unnecessarily.

There's really no good answer here.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:03 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Do you think a precedent has been set, you know like cops kidnapping children at gunpoint because of _____?
Police "kidnapped" a person who killed 3 of his neighbors to make from them meatballs. It's a precedent that they will come for you also because you were late 5 minutes for work.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol As if his parents were trying to kill that kid. With what? Milk?
For me, if you drowning the kid in the pool with your own hands, or just seeing him drowning and just looking and not doing nothing - is the same.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-of...er-report-says

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Scl7CfpVc

I hear the kid was also holding fresh milk his dad bought from an Amish farmer.

This father is clearly the Al Capone of our time. Straight up OG.
The abuse of that badge and a gun, causes resentment that gets the good cops killed, because of the bad cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNC0GC57MV8

Old 03-29-2019, 07:16 AM

13,965 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Agents of tyranny carrying out the will of a tyrant against innocent people.

Same as any other day in the Busybody States of America. That which is not forbidden is compulsory.

EDIT - and read full story from the original article in the Arizona Republic. The kid was feeling better, his temperature had gone below 100, and he was laughing/playing with his siblings.

Basically what happened is an unnecessary busybody law went crazy, and now doctors are official agents of the government who constitute probable cause for issuing warrants. Doctor says take your kid to the ER, you better comply, or Leviathan's attack dogs will come calling. Oh, it will be all legal and stuff, because well, government does everything legal and stuff, right? But if you aren't a Nervous Nelly helicopter parent, ALL of your kids are being taken from you, put into foster care and you can then prove your innocence t Leviathan if you wish to have custody of your kids again.

A pox upon the house of anyone who thinks this is proper in an allegedly free country. Seriously, you gotta be a special brand of full potato stupid if you take the State's side on this.

Last edited by Volobjectitarian; 03-29-2019 at 07:27 AM..

Old 03-29-2019, 07:23 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jr View Post
if they went to CHECK on the kid why the drawn guns ? , it's insane . think they'll be paying for the door they busted open , NOPE , it looks like their invading a suspected drug lab or something . i get when cops get called somewhere to check out a " situation " they need to be careful because their not sure what exactly their walking into but they didn't have to break the door down , lol...... i'm shocked they didn't go in with guns blazing & kill the family pet or something ( i swear the poodle looked like a pit bull ) or smack the parents around a little bit .
They didn't the first time but the parents didn't let them see the child, even when asked to bring the child outside, they didn't. From my understanding of the different articles, the police returned later to remove the children from the home.

The police absolutely were in a no win situation and be looked at as the bad guys whatever they did whether it was inaction or taking action. To protect the welfare of the child and to uphold the law in light of child service issues in AZ, they took action.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:23 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
What about a different sort of action on the part of the doctor? My kids' pediatrician (before we moved) would have placed a follow-up call to see how my kids were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies