Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 10:09 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It is relevant because the same people who bash cops for stepping in bash them for not stepping in. They want an authoritarian government as long as it does what they believe in. That's my point. In one breath they want the big brother all in our lives and the next cops are pigs. This thread is intended to be a bash cops thread.
You do realize that No_Recess and I are AnCaps, don't you?

Old 03-29-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jr View Post
if they went to CHECK on the kid why the drawn guns ? , it's insane . think they'll be paying for the door they busted open , NOPE , it looks like their invading a suspected drug lab or something . i get when cops get called somewhere to check out a " situation " they need to be careful because their not sure what exactly their walking into but they didn't have to break the door down , lol...... i'm shocked they didn't go in with guns blazing & kill the family pet or something ( i swear the poodle looked like a pit bull ) or smack the parents around a little bit .
^^^^^
THIS is the point all the cop defenders are missing.

THIS.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:12 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
A fine example of turning a blind eye to how the state is becoming big brother in every aspect of your life. If it's not one excuse it's another to infringe on the rights of citizens.
Maybe if you stopped equating them to Nazis (whether the SS or the Gestapo) then maybe people wouldn't turn a deaf ear to your point. Yet you'll whine and complain if that argument is used against you. SOSDD.

Quote:
EXACTLY!
No they were within their right. What if that second child died of that fever when the cops never returned, then what? What if the parents lied about the first kid and he died, then what? Sadly Arizona has seen this show before. I've seen my share of parents who don't care as a paraprofessional in special education the last three and a half years and as an Arizona educator for now four years.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Agents of tyranny carrying out the will of a tyrant against innocent people.

Same as any other day in the Busybody States of America. That which is not forbidden is compulsory.

EDIT - and read full story from the original article in the Arizona Republic. The kid was feeling better, his temperature had gone below 100, and he was laughing/playing with his siblings.

Basically what happened is an unnecessary busybody law went crazy, and now doctors are official agents of the government who constitute probable cause for issuing warrants. Doctor says take your kid to the ER, you better comply, or Leviathan's attack dogs will come calling. Oh, it will be all legal and stuff, because well, government does everything legal and stuff, right? But if you aren't a Nervous Nelly helicopter parent, ALL of your kids are being taken from you, put into foster care and you can then prove your innocence t Leviathan if you wish to have custody of your kids again.

A pox upon the house of anyone who thinks this is proper in an allegedly free country. Seriously, you gotta be a special brand of full potato stupid if you take the State's side on this.
When the collapse comes this is exactly why so many people will die within the first week.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The cops had a warrant. You can blame the justification of said warrant but they were just doing their job.

I am against abuse of power by the police and government but the hospital believed the kids life was in danger. If the parents had acted responsibly from the beginning this could have been avoided.
"They were just doing their jobs."

The good ole' Nuremberg Defense.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:07 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
The parents were charged today with felony child abuse for not seeking medical treatment for the kid after the doctor said his condition was life-threatening and they refused to allow child services workers to check on his well-being.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The parents were charged today with felony child abuse for not seeking medical treatment for the kid after the doctor said his condition was life-threatening and they refused to allow child services workers to check on his well-being.
Wow! He had RSV which many his age recover from on their own. I wonder if he was hospitalized after he was put in foster care?

Old 03-29-2019, 06:30 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Wow! He had RSV which many his age recover from on their own. I wonder if he was hospitalized after he was put in foster care?
AND

57000 children under the age of 5 are hospitalized for it per year.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2019, 06:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
AND

57000 children under the age of 5 are hospitalized for it per year.
YES, I know. That’s why I asked if he had to be hospitalized once placed in foster care. It’s also true that most do not require hospitalization so it’s a valid question.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:41 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
YES, I know. That’s why I asked if he had to be hospitalized once placed in foster care. It’s also true that most do not require hospitalization so it’s a valid question.
I believe he was taken straight to the hospital when they took him from the home. That was the whole point.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies