Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 05:42 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Looks like the "tax cut" is another realization by most of the 90% that this guy doesn't know his stuff.

"Well, the vast majority of the country disagrees. Why am I surprised that you always tow the company lines?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...opular-1273469
"only around a third of the country approves of the legislation itself, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, passed by Congress at the end of 2017."
Politico? "Publisher and Executive Chairman. Robert serves on the Board of Directors of the Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation" CEO he was a special assistant to President Bill Clinton", John Harris Chief Editor was a reporter for the Wash Post.

I think I am beginning to see a pattern here.

"Multiple polls show" Let's SEE the polls. WHO did they poll? What were the demographics? what were the questions? HOW were they phrased?, etc.

Why am I surprised that you always tow the company lines?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 04-16-2019 at 05:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 05:45 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
This all started with the democratic leaders....they were the ones who have bullied and bullied Trump, b/c they lost...and yes, Trump certainly does give them fuel....he can't keep his mouth shut.

but the bottom line is, what exactly have the Dems done in the past few years, except use millions of the tax payers money to try and pin something on Trump, anything, and yet, here we are, 2 years later and they still won't let it go.

the dems have accomplished nothing but divided this country...and they used Trump to do it....believe me, you could be the cleanest person and they'll find something on you, and if they can't they'll certainly make it up.

I was a registered dem once, but no more....I do not want to associate myself with the corrupt people they are, and if the republicans don't watch it, if a dem president gets voted in, they will do the very same....I sat back and watched them try and get rid of Obama.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think it is there but many are blind to it until a market correction happens. We are no better off from where we were during the recession.
"We are no better off from where we were during the recession."

The Lone Ranger when surrounded by Indians said, "Well Tonto, look like WE are in BIG trouble," and Tonto replied, "what you mean WE, white man?"

Old 04-16-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This all started with the democratic leaders....they were the ones who have bullied and bullied Trump, b/c they lost...and yes, Trump certainly does give them fuel....he can't keep his mouth shut.

but the bottom line is, what exactly have the Dems done in the past few years, except use millions of the tax payers money to try and pin something on Trump, anything, and yet, here we are, 2 years later and they still won't let it go.

the dems have accomplished nothing but divided this country...and they used Trump to do it....believe me, you could be the cleanest person and they'll find something on you, and if they can't they'll certainly make it up.

I was a registered dem once, but no more....I do not want to associate myself with the corrupt people they are, and if the republicans don't watch it, if a dem president gets voted in, they will do the very same....I sat back and watched them try and get rid of Obama.
"the democratic leaders....they were the ones who have bullied and bullied Trump, b/c they lost...and yes, Trump certainly does give them fuel....he can't keep his mouth shut."

Trump is a COUNTER puncher. I don't recall a time where HE STARTED it.

We have seen, for DECADES, how the media attacks people and they are too afraid to fight back. NOT TRUMP and they aren't used to it and CANT handle ANYBODY DARING to talk to and about them like that.

They can SURE DISH IT OUT but, CAN'T TAKE IT!

"you could be the cleanest person and they'll find something on you, and if they can't they'll certainly make it up"

Sarah Palin, John Tower, Clarence, Kavanaugh. The list is ENDLESS.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:00 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
MAGA!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-pinch-too

"The cost of many products and services the upper middle class buys, from autos to college educations, is outpacing overall inflation.
Do you realize you just debunked your own thread?

That's Demand-pull Inflation and it happens when people over-consume or over-use goods, services and resources.

You just proved people are on a buying spree.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
MAGA!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-pinch-too

"The cost of many products and services the upper middle class buys, from autos to college educations, is outpacing overall inflation. While having access to credit, these households are increasingly tapping into costlier forms of debt."

Ah, the King of Debt probably likes that. Wait until more tariffs kick in.....!!!

"Company ownership, equity shares in both public and private firms, has been sliding for the upper middle class too. The share of equity ownership for those in the 50th percentile to the 90th percentile of net worth has fallen. The top one percent of Americans owns the majority of shares."

Ah, as it should be. Bow to the Kings!

BTW, for those of you who think "I have it good, I'm in or near the top 1%"......that would be a net worth of about 11 Million dollars or more. If any regular cruisers of this forum are in that category, they should be here for entertainment.
How can the increasing costs out pace overall inflation when inflation is based on those very same costs? You don't think your silly inflation has always meant the costs of all products and services are increased by the same percentage do you? lol

Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Strengthen the country by thinning the herd.
Nobody said everything is fair in love and war.
Should we get rid of the disabled since they are a burden on the Nation?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:38 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times
You tend to get a lot of faulty market distortions when you (The Fed) hold interest rates at artificially low levels for 11 years. It is an experiment that has never been tried before in human history. It will have long-term dire consequences. Record low rates have encouraged a ton of bad debt to be leveraged because of the artificially-induced ZIRP policies. A system reset will have to ensue to clean all of the bad debts out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies