Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 10:19 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Democrats are suffering from TDS.

The rest of us are suffering from laughing at the Democrats.
Truer words have not been said.

If you are suffering in this economy, it's your own fault. The opportunities are there. The jobs are there. You just have to get off your lazy ass and doing something besides complain and expect the government to provide your sustenance for the rest of your miserable life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 11:39 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
MAGA!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-pinch-too

"The cost of many products and services the upper middle class buys, from autos to college educations, is outpacing overall inflation. While having access to credit, these households are increasingly tapping into costlier forms of debt."

Ah, the King of Debt probably likes that. Wait until more tariffs kick in.....!!!

"Company ownership, equity shares in both public and private firms, has been sliding for the upper middle class too. The share of equity ownership for those in the 50th percentile to the 90th percentile of net worth has fallen. The top one percent of Americans owns the majority of shares."

Ah, as it should be. Bow to the Kings!

BTW, for those of you who think "I have it good, I'm in or near the top 1%"......that would be a net worth of about 11 Million dollars or more. If any regular cruisers of this forum are in that category, they should be here for entertainment.
Suffering? Really? The upper middle class is suffering because they use too much credit? What is the definition of suffering here? Are they starving? No? Do they have some sort if ailment? No? Oh, they're using too much credit? That suffering? Self-inflicted financial pain is not suffering, it's stupid. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Credit use in general has done more to screw up our economy than any presidential policy ever. This is the most ridiculous cry me a river topic ever.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:49 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I guess I must be in the top 10%. Awesome!
Me too and also all 5 of my siblings, my kids, and 99% of the friends I know...all in the top 10% (makes Demonics freak that we are so happy since the election of their Orange Monster.)

Old 04-14-2019, 06:59 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Kind of a low bar.
That’s how the GOP wants it.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:03 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then, no doubt, you quite strongly support taking the federal government out of all health care starting with ObamaCare. After all, who needs it?
Quote:
Kind of a low bar.

If a Trumpist was up to his neck in cow manure, he'd say he was living high, if it was provided by the Orange One.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:04 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Quote:
Kind of a low bar.
Why should there be any bar to happiness?

Old 04-14-2019, 07:06 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I believe it. I know suicides and people seeking psychiatric care are up. Not surprising when you have a horrible President that is in your face everyday lying and acting like a moron. People do not feel safe or secure because they are worried about the fact that a psychopath has his finger on the nuclear button. I'm pretty sure he is going down though. His children likely have sealed indictments against them for money laundering and other crimes. Those will be brought by the state of New York when Trump is out of power. He is a life-long con-man/thief who taught his children his CRAFT.
Your post reeks of ignorant ranting. I do find it interesting though, that we have all of these Hollywood types committing suicide or dive deep into drugs and eventually overdose. Hate to say this, but most of the time people get into drugs is to escape the reality of life. I wonder what is so horrible about the liberal run business of Hollywood where suicides, drug abuse, child abuse, rape and murder are so rampant.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:13 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
Of course, they need the latest gadgets, smart fridge, smart stove, smart microwave, smart thermostat, smart security, smart hvac, smart lights, smart cabinets, smart toilet, smart bath, smart washer, smart car.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:19 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
[color="DarkGreen"]I believe it. I know suicides and people seeking psychiatric care are up.
LOL
Yep, that would be democrats needing psychiatric help with their Trump Derangement Syndrome.
But since you gave no link or facts to back up this claim, I suspect more liberal fake news.....

Old 04-14-2019, 07:20 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
This trend was also evident under Obama. The reason is simple. Both Obama and the Trump administration have the same big money donors. You cant vote against Goldman Sachs.

And the people who now dismiss this reality would have the opposite view if a democrat was president. Thats the power of betting on both horses. Goldman Sachs wins no matter what. And the ordinary people try to pretend "their team" really cares about them and not the big money donors.

People have to find the guts to stand up for themselves and not vote for corrupt crooks beholden to big moneyed elites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies