Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 01:25 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
If this statistic is true, I think the education system has failed with regard to teaching about the Holocaust.
Your post is proof that the education system has failed us.

Read the article, consider the agenda and please come back here and prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 01:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't believe that statistic is as it sounds.

I would believe, that if asked an open ended question, "how many jews were killed during the holocaust"? they might have guessed wrong. But if they were informed that historians believe the number to be 6 million, I don't think many would disagree.

How did they have to "identify" Auschwitz? Did they have to come up with better details than it was a Nazi concentration camp?
This is the study questions.

http://www.claimscon.org/wp-content/...esults-1-1.pdf

Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I don't believe it.

In school, we were taught that 4 Million Jews were gassed at Auschwitz and 2 Million in the East, namely at Sobibor, Treblinka and Chelmno.

Later, we find out that was a lie.

There were never 4 Million Jews at Auschwitz.

Having said that, if you look at the evidence, about 600,000 to 750,000 Jews were murdered in the classic sense of 1st Degree Premeditated Murder. They were simply lined up and shot. You can read Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 by Christopher Browning, which is impeccably researched and documented for examples of that.

About 1.2 Million Jews in the camps were murdered by being summarily executed for any number of reasons, including incredibly petty reasons.

The remainder of the several Million Jews, and it's anyone's guess as to how many actually died, all died of typhoid, dysentery, cholera or sepsis.

You must cremate typhoid victims.

The NAZIs weren't gassing people and cremating them, they were cremating typhoid victims.

In Cincinnati newspapers, you can see photos of typhoid victims stacked in pyramids, and they'd pour kerosene on them and set them afire.

The reason for cremation is to keep the typhoid virus from leaching into the ground-water and contaminating wells, aquifers and rivers, where cities get their water.

Typhoid Mary was a food server and typhoid carrier who infected several 100 people in Cincinnati and one reason for the massive out-break. A suburb called Mount Healthy got its name, because people there didn't get typhoid, so everyone moved there thinking they wouldn't get it. It actuality, Mount Healthy's water supply was not the same source as the city's water supply, and that was the reason people there weren't getting typhoid.

If you've ever wondered why your city, or township or county or even some States require burial vaults, that's why. A burial vault is a concrete container, like a bath-tub with a lid. You dig the grave, put the vault in the grave, put the casket in the vault, then seal it with the concrete lid, then back-fill. That keeps virus in the body from leaching into the ground-water and contaminating everything.

At Bergen-Belsen, the NAZIs didn't bury typhoid victims, so typhoid plagues swept through the camp constantly killing 1,000s at a time, including Anne Frank.

The reason Anne Frank was at Belsen, is because when her and her father arrived at Auschwitz, there was a typhoid plague in progress, so her father, who was injured was sent to the infirmary and she was shipped to Bergen, only to arrive at a time when typhoid was sweeping the camp.

It seems incongruous that the NAZIs would medically treat Jews, wasting precious medical supplies on them instead of their soldiers or their own people, only to turn around and send them to the "gas chamber," so I find such claims about gas chambers to not be credible.

I don't doubt that several Million Jews did die, I just doubt how they died.

As a prosecutor, I would still levy charges of 2nd Degree Murder Depraved Indifference, because the Jews should never have been in camps in the first place, and their being there is the proximate cause of their deaths.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:01 PM

8,238 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I completely agree that they were used for labor, but that logic only applies to about 1944. Once the Nazis knew they were going to lose, and once the Eastern front began to collapse, the Jews would have been useless.

I mentioned Anne Frank's father Otto, because the reason Otto survived WWII, is because he was sent to Auschwitz in 1944, and got sick. When the Germans pulled out of Poland, they left the sick behind, because they didn't want to load the sick onto the trains back to the West. If what you say is true, Otto shouldn't have lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Frank

Ironically, the reason Anne Frank died, is because she was healthy. And so she was transported to Bergen-Belsen, which was not a labor camp. And she died of typhus at the end of the war because the Germans couldn't get food to the overcrowded camps, because the allies had bombed all of the German infrastructure.

The Germans were stopped from enslaving and expelling the Jews after they lost WWII. But the evidence for homicidal-gas chambers is effectively non-existent. The holocaust is the only historical-fact that you aren't allowed to question. Why?

Anne Frank died because she and her family were forcibly abducted and locked away against their will. That's like a kidnapper blaming the cops for the deaths of his prisoner because they caught him and the prisoner starved to death. They should never have been abducted in the first place.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:07 PM

628 posts, read 663,288 times
Count me among the third. 6 million is based more in their history and myth as opposed to factual reality. The holocaust did happen and is of course a tragedy. But It’s always been a marketing tool to gain sympathy. Also, for a real hit button issue, ask if Jews are at least a little culpable for their holocaust. Answers may surprise you.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Count me among the third. 6 million is based more in their history and myth as opposed to factual reality. The holocaust did happen and is of course a tragedy. But It’s always been a marketing tool to gain sympathy. Also, for a real hit button issue, ask if Jews are at least a little culpable for their holocaust. Answers may surprise you.

Do you mean 1) there were there some Kapos and "assisters" (like Soros), or do you mean 2) that the Jews brought this on themselves because they're such icky people?

And it's far from a marketing tool. Although I know some of you would like it to be forgotten, it's critical that we don't permit it, lest it happen again.

(Also: do you consider yourself a Republican or a Democrat? Thanks.)

Old 04-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Do you mean 1) there were there some Kapos and "assisters" (like Soros), or do you mean 2) that the Jews brought this on themselves because they're such icky people?

And it's far from a marketing tool. Although I know some of you would like it to be forgotten, it's critical that we don't permit it, lest it happen again.

(Also: do you consider yourself a Republican or a Democrat? Thanks.)
Both
Libertarian

Old 04-17-2019, 03:01 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Both
Libertarian
So you are saying that the Jews brought it in themselves because they're so awful? You should be ashamed of yourself, even on an anonymous forum.

So....more questions....just trying to get a better handle on who is antisemitic....are you white, have a college degree, agnostic (I'm guessing), and middle-aged?

Old 04-17-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you are saying that the Jews brought it in themselves because they're so awful? You should be ashamed of yourself, even on an anonymous forum.

So....more questions....just trying to get a better handle on who is antisemitic....are you white, have a college degree, agnostic (I'm guessing), and middle-aged?
Do you think that just one day for no reason at all Germans just started rounding up Jews? Major events usually have causes. As for you, let me guess, you were told the same thing from kindergarten through college and you never once stopped to contemplate any alternatives to your liberal indoctrination. Don’t worry, you virtue signaled superbly in this thread. Btw, I’m a doctor.

Old 04-17-2019, 03:42 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
6 million Jews is a very important number to many Jews. Do some reading.

Some/many powerful Jews have done everything in their power to ensure that the six million is kept separate from other numbers.

You think you are questioning deniers, but you are actually questioning Jewish sources. Sorry for the reality check.

Your post is inaccurate. Six million was once thought to be the number of Jewish people gassed, but that school of thought is long gone. We now know it is vastly greater than was purported for years.
People who use personal insults are very suspect as to their intentions. I don't know why you would think there are Jewish people out there trying to maintain the original incorrect figures, but good luck with whatever campaign you are on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies