Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 10:56 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're very wrong for me. When unborn I would not choose life, if I could have, considering how cruel, hate filled and unloving the world is. I would have been incredibly well blessed to not have been born and remain innocent of all that. That is a major reason I don't want to have any children. So 4dognight, please be considerate of those who don't think the world is a fit place to bring innocent little babies into.
I am considerate of a baby who has no voice. You wouldn't have known that you wouldn't have wanted to be born if you hadn't been given life.
I am sorry you feel that way, but that doesn't mean all aborted babies would agree if allowed to be born.

This world is not a horrible place to everyone.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Don't want to hear the truth huh? Yes, there is a lot of drama in the process of abortion. You don't speak for the baby.
Science is the truth. Fetuses do not think or feel or care what happens to them and if you think they do you need to see a psychiatrist because you are delusional.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
I am considerate of a baby who has no voice. You wouldn't have known that you wouldn't have wanted to be born if you hadn't been given life.
I am sorry you feel that way, but that doesn't mean all aborted babies would agree if allowed to be born.

That's one reason why I'm pro-choice. I don't expect every woman to agree with me that the world is not a fit place to raise children. For women who agree with me, birth control can fail.

If you want to be considerate of a baby with no voice, then support government programs that promote sex education and birth control, so there more likely won't have to be any choices to face for the woman, because the baby was wanted all along. If the news of a new baby was always joyously wanted, then neither the pro-choice or pro-life people would have a case to make.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-19-2019 at 11:27 PM..

Old 05-19-2019, 11:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That poster was telling women that what we experience during mensuration and our monthly cycles was not possible. That's what prompted that response, which was meant for him and not as a generalization about all men.
Yeah, I just hate the whole "Oh typical man", "Oh typical white person", comments coming from the far-left on issues of diversity or inclusion. I'm pro-inclusion myself and I see the side those that don't have a voice or at the very least have a limited voice. I just don't like being told that because I'm a white male that I should be looked at as one way or another or think one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I understand. Several comments clarify that some women have no idea that they are pregnant until they are several months pregnant, and the reason for this is that they do not have regular cyclical reproductive systems. Any viewpoint that considers heartbeat as defining life is irrelevant and should be met with name calling.

p.s.: I believe the word you are looking for is menstruation, not mensuration

The problem is the six week fetal heartbeat is rather arbitrary. Has there been any scientific proof of this and not just a time period designed by men whom think they should be big government in the bedroom. The Christian right continues to want big government in the bedroom whether it is who you can marry, what sexual acts you can do in the privacy of your bedroom and what you can do if you become pregnant and don't want to be. I'm sure you heard of church based hospitals deciding not to give Plan-B pills to rape victims.

Quote:
Abortion is ending the life of a human being who is in the process of development. If this life is not ended it will continue to grow and develop, will be either a boy or a girl, be born, live a long life, contribute to society and die at a ripe old age.

If allowed to remain connected to the mother who conceived this human creation, it will make her tummy grow larger, have a heartbeat,kick her from the inside, suck its thumb, tumble around in the amniotic fluid, hiccup, grimace, swallow amniotic fluid, all innocent things that an unborn baby does during its development.

This unborn baby did not ask to be conceived. It has done nothing wrong. If it could speak, I have no doubt that it would choose life, for what human, if given a choice, would want its limbs pulled off its body or its skull pierced with a sharp instrument?

Abortion ends an innocent life. No evil label is needed to be given by the right, for the act of aborting the life of an innocent unborn baby is self describing.

The constant and persistent outcry of "it's my body!" by women who are abortion proponents has been a tactic used by the left to wear down, ostracize, shame and demoralize pro lifers who speak out against the killing of babies.
Those that would be timid or those who don't understand what abortion is really about can be manipulated into being silenced
Thankfully these unborn children have voices of those of us who are willing to be their advocates in spite of the attacks from the left.
OK, what about cases of rape? That unborn baby will likely never see the mother or in a group of cases the father at all. The unborn baby didn't asked to be conceived at all and both parents were not willing participants. I can agree to an extent and I don't personally agree with abortion as birth control but that is rather few and far between in actuality, but in cases of rape and incest (welfare of the mother and/or baby is actually surprisingly considered in these laws) these heartbeat laws aren't taking them into consideration at all.

Quote:

Do you believe abortion should be used in cases of rape, yes or no?

Old 05-20-2019, 01:39 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, I thought you could take the morning after pill every time after as a precaution but yeah if it gets expensive, then it does. Wouldn't condoms be a lot of help though?

Cause every woman I know who got pregnant accidentally, said they didn't use a condom, just the BC pill, so it seems that condoms are better to use, cause everyone I know who used one did not get pregnant, from the conversations I had, so it seems like therefore, condoms would have a lower failure rate?
Regular birth control pills are not morning after pills (Plan B, etc...). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post? Some MAP are used within 5 days of an oops (condom broke, wasn't thinking...), also used in the case of rape. They are not supposed to be used as a regular source of contraception. Plan B Should be taken within 72 hours after sex. BC pills (the ones that are taken regularly and properly) are more effective than condoms.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:40 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Abortion is ending the life of a human being who is in the process of development. If this life is not ended it will continue to grow and develop, will be either a boy or a girl, be born, live a long life, contribute to society and die at a ripe old age.

If allowed to remain connected to the mother who conceived this human creation, it will make her tummy grow larger, have a heartbeat,kick her from the inside, suck its thumb, tumble around in the amniotic fluid, hiccup, grimace, swallow amniotic fluid, all innocent things that an unborn baby does during its development.

This unborn baby did not ask to be conceived. It has done nothing wrong. If it could speak, I have no doubt that it would choose life, for what human, if given a choice, would want its limbs pulled off its body or its skull pierced with a sharp instrument?

Abortion ends an innocent life. No evil label is needed to be given by the right, for the act of aborting the life of an innocent unborn baby is self describing.

The constant and persistent outcry of "it's my body!" by women who are abortion proponents has been a tactic used by the left to wear down, ostracize, shame and demoralize pro lifers who speak out against the killing of babies.
Those that would be timid or those who don't understand what abortion is really about can be manipulated into being silenced
Thankfully these unborn children have voices of those of us who are willing to be their advocates in spite of the attacks from the left.
First, one should stop projecting everything they disagree with has to do with "the left".

I see assumptions are made by some, assigned to the unborn regarding the wonderful way in which they will now undoubtedly live and how lengthily. Also, assuming that one would always choose life, though some are born into negative situations. It's funny how some like to project that any "saved fetus" will then live a Disney-like existence for life.

No, the baby did not ask to be conceived, neither do a lot of females want to conceive, unless older and choosing to raise a family. An example - the young teen, who, though liking the boy she is with and wanting to kiss, becomes pressured into more while he reassures her, and before she knows it has been pushed too far, having the boy ejaculate, though his having said he "would pull out". This likely happens more that we know.

One told a story here, a case of a 13-year-old having been raped by a relative, being forced to deliver and raise a baby, which absolutely sickens me. Again, it has a lot to do with environments one ends up in...so that child is a "prisoner", having to live as those around her have instructed. And great memories she will have.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:24 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Stop embarrassing yourself.

Do nothing to a sperm cell and it will remain a sperm cell until it becomes metabolically inactive.

Do nothing to an egg and it will remain an unfertilized egg until it becomes metabolically inactive.

Do nothing to an embryo and it may implant itself into the mother's uterus (not all embryos do).

Continue not killing the embryo and it will likely develop into a fetus.

Continue not killing the fetus and it will likely reach a stage of development wherein it can survive outside the mother's body.
So why are there states trying to ban things like IUDs and morning after pills then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Here is what I am not understanding. Why not just take the morning after pill the next day after the sex which will cost a lot less, rather than waiting and than having to deal with an abortion and all the red tape that comes with it? Why not just take the easy way out?
The morning after pill doesn't work well on anyone over around 150 lbs...regardless of height. Sounds weird, but its true. (Google it) So even though a 5'11 woman would be medically a healthy weight at that height, it'd be much less reliable.

Also there are states cracking down on even morning after pills and IUDs.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Exactly. It is disgusting to suggest that normal, healthy, conscious self-aware women are incapable of figuring out that they are pregnant until after they are 6 weeks pregnant and 2 months after their last cycle. Women deserve more credit!
It has nothing to do with women being "incapable" of reading the signs of pregnancy and everything to do with the fact that often their bodies won't give them any signs to read at all until well after 6 weeks.

In fact, 5-6 weeks is the *earliest* that woman's bodies tend to reveal pregnancy.

Then consider that many states have only a few abortion providers in the entire state, so add in the logistics of just being able to schedule a time for them to undergo the procedure, take time off work, and make the possibly long trip.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:32 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
The bible disproves the anti-abortion stance.
What do you mean by this?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:28 AM

15,100 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe thoughts and prayers will work. It seems to be working just fine for those helpless young in school shootings.
You highlight such a great point here ....

On the one hand, we have the left shouting in outrage over victims of a school shooting .... claiming that those “righties” who support the 2nd Amendment are virtually complicit in such tragedies. Apparently, that leftist compassion for the children doesn’t extend to the Million + babies aborted annually.... as they immediately condemn the righties for their pro-life position. My oh my, what a duplicitous group we have on the left.

The ghoulish mindset of those in New York who recently passed legislation to make legal the abortion of babies right up to moments before birth see no hypocrisy in their cognitive dissonance .... probably because they are drowning in it.

Perhaps, as the left condemns as “draconian” some states who are moving to make abortion entirely illegal, they ought to instead recognize how their “extremism” leads to such extremism in response?

This is indeed what this abortion debate has devolved to. Extremists versus Extremists, lost in this is any measure of rationality or morality.

Those that support late term abortions .... which is a gruesome display of complete immorality and a total absence of basic human compassion and dignity, have, by their own actions, encouraged such response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies