U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 02:32 PM

4,012 posts, read 2,057,896 times

Advertisements

And when its not the correct choice....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women should be able to make choices about what happens to their bdies.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM

3,679 posts, read 1,414,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
And when its not the correct choice....
Hey, you know what's best for a lady You are superior!

Old 05-19-2019, 02:52 PM

27,317 posts, read 15,780,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I have to also conclude that you are an ignorant man who thinks he knows what it's like to be a pregnant woman, and who actually believes that women are too mentally incompetent to figure out whether they are pregnant.

Perhaps you would like to give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too stupid to figure out how to manage pregnancy.
I can't believe you don't understand that six weeks is too soon. Five weeks is the earliest a woman may know she is pregnant if she has a regular 21-35 day cycle. If she don't which isn't that uncommon whether based on stress levels, medicine or weight changes; she would be entirely SOL. If the woman cannot get an appointment or see a doctor (in Missouri they have one clinic and a three day hold on abortions) so once they know they would need to get an appointment ASAP. It just isn't practical and realistic. I'd be fine with a 10 week abortion limit barring cases of rape, incest or welfare of the mother.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:57 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,486,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I can't believe you don't understand that six weeks is too soon. Five weeks is the earliest a woman may know she is pregnant if she has a regular 21-35 day cycle. If she don't which isn't that uncommon whether based on stress levels, medicine or weight changes; she would be entirely SOL. If the woman cannot get an appointment or see a doctor (in Missouri they have one clinic and a three day hold on abortions) so once they know they would need to get an appointment ASAP. It just isn't practical and realistic. I'd be fine with a 10 week abortion limit barring cases of rape, incest or welfare of the mother.
If six weeks is too soon, why do women have abortions at 6 weeks? It certainly isn't because of appointment availability.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:01 PM

20,332 posts, read 10,448,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Here is what I am not understanding. Why not just take the morning after pill the next day after the sex which will cost a lot less, rather than waiting and than having to deal with an abortion and all the red tape that comes with it? Why not just take the easy way out?
Because some women are already on BC and don't know it failed until long after the morning after pill is no longer effective. It's also expensive if you are planning on taking it every time you have sex.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:04 PM

14,310 posts, read 9,071,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Here is what I am not understanding. Why not just take the morning after pill the next day after the sex which will cost a lot less, rather than waiting and than having to deal with an abortion and all the red tape that comes with it? Why not just take the easy way out?
Why not wear a condom? Why place all the responsibility on the woman?

Old 05-19-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I have to also conclude that you are an ignorant man who thinks he knows what it's like to be a pregnant woman, and who actually believes that women are too mentally incompetent to figure out whether they are pregnant.

Perhaps you would like to give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too stupid to figure out how to manage pregnancy.
I've been pregnant twice, and didn't know until after 6 weeks in both cases and both pregnancies were planned. It's not like there is an indicator light that goes off when an ovum implants.

You can't get a test until after a missed period. OBs count pregnancy from the first day of your last period which can be 4 weeks or more before a missed period.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Please give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too feeble minded to figure out that they are pregnant.
IF YOU HAVE NOT MISSED A PERIOD THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT. Once there is a missed period you are already 4weeks or more pregnant.

It's not like women get some magical tingle when they conceive.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 PM

[quote=jetgraphics;55216678]Perhaps you do not understand common sense nor morality.

No one claims it is moral or legal to shoot helpless people, school zone or not.
But proponents of "choice" / "abortion" are arguing that it is legal to destroy helpless life.

Because abortion IS legal.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:11 PM

27,317 posts, read 15,780,516 times
Quote:
If six weeks is too soon, why do women have abortions at 6 weeks? It certainly isn't because of appointment availability.
Early missed period? Rape reported with no condom? What else do you want me to tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies