Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 03:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,247,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I have to also conclude that you are an ignorant man who thinks he knows what it's like to be a pregnant woman, and who actually believes that women are too mentally incompetent to figure out whether they are pregnant.

Perhaps you would like to give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too stupid to figure out how to manage pregnancy.
I've been pregnant twice, and didn't know until after 6 weeks in both cases and both pregnancies were planned. It's not like there is an indicator light that goes off when an ovum implants.

You can't get a test until after a missed period. OBs count pregnancy from the first day of your last period which can be 4 weeks or more before a missed period.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Please give women a little credit and stop implying that they are too feeble minded to figure out that they are pregnant.
IF YOU HAVE NOT MISSED A PERIOD THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT. Once there is a missed period you are already 4weeks or more pregnant.

It's not like women get some magical tingle when they conceive.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 PM

[quote=jetgraphics;55216678]Perhaps you do not understand common sense nor morality.

No one claims it is moral or legal to shoot helpless people, school zone or not.
But proponents of "choice" / "abortion" are arguing that it is legal to destroy helpless life.

Because abortion IS legal.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
If six weeks is too soon, why do women have abortions at 6 weeks? It certainly isn't because of appointment availability.
Early missed period? Rape reported with no condom? What else do you want me to tell you?

Old 05-19-2019, 03:12 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,836,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
And when its not the correct choice....
If it’s their choice, it is the correct choice. For them. When you get to choose, it’s the correct choice. For you.

What’s not correct is you choosing for them or them choosing for you.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:14 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,976,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
IF YOU HAVE NOT MISSED A PERIOD THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT. Once there is a missed period you are already 4weeks or more pregnant.

It's not like women get some magical tingle when they conceive.
Plenty of women can miraculously figure out that they are pregnant and make arrangements to terminate the pregnancy within 6 weeks of conception. Maybe they should share their secret with the women who can't seem to figure it out.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:20 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,854,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t understand those who identify as Pro Life and oppose spending on feeding, housing and educating children.
They are really "pro birth" not "pro life". As soon as that baby leaves the womb they need to find some boot straps.

Three amendments were proposed to the bill and all were voted down. This one is very telling

"Sen. Linda Coleman-Madison, D-Birmingham, proposed an amendment that would have required the state to provide prenatal care and medical care for the mother and the child in cases when a woman is denied an abortion because of the law. Democrats said a lack of support from Republicans on issues that can help low-income families, like Medicaid expansion, undermines their argument about protecting unborn children.

“The sin to me is bringing a child into this world and not taking care of them," Coleman-Madison said. "The sin for me is that this state does not provide adequate care. We don’t provide education. And then when the child is born and we know that mother is indigent and she cannot take care of that child, we don’t provide any support systems for that mother.”

Senators rejected her amendment 23-6."

More here which includes the other two proposed amendments.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/alab...o-changes.html

Old 05-19-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Plenty of women can miraculously figure out that they are pregnant and make arrangements to terminate the pregnancy within 6 weeks of conception. Maybe they should share their secret with the women who can't seem to figure it out.
18%. Some of those are rapes, or people who knew they were not on BC and got a morning after pill.

Weeks 4-7 are when most women find out they are pregnant.

Only 15% of women have an idealized 28 day cycle. 25% of women bleed during the first trimester so they may not even think pregnancy is a possibility.

But what would I know? I'm only a woman and need a man to make my medical decisions for me, and explain how my body works to me.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,577,411 times
[quote=jjrose;55217103]

But what would I know? I'm only a woman and need a man to make my medical decisions for me, and explain how my body works to me. /QUOTE]

I read this to my wife and she loves you.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:31 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,976,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
18%. Some of those are rapes, or people who knew they were not on BC and got a morning after pill.

Weeks 4-7 are when most women find out they are pregnant.

Only 15% of women have an idealized 28 day cycle. 25% of women bleed during the first trimester so they may not even think pregnancy is a possibility.

But what would I know? I'm only a woman and need a man to make my medical decisions for me, and explain how my body works to me.
By all means - find some men to make decisions for you. That's history.

Real women prefer to take responsibility for their bodies and decisions regarding pregnancy. They do not make excuses for not knowing they are pregnant, or need several months to terminate a pregnancy. They are self-aware, they pay attention to their bodies, they know when something is different and they take action. They do not view people with differing view as misogynists, or male. They respect women and support their decisions even though they believe that life begins with a heartbeat at 6 weeks gestation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies