Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2019, 07:39 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,821,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.
No you are pro-abortion and they are anti-abortion

Both sides have ambiguous slogans. Pro-choice refers to only one choice whether or not a woman can choose to have an abortion.

Pro-Life. The life of the child is more important than the life of the mother. And childbirth is much more dangerous than getting an abortion.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-20-2019 at 08:40 AM..

Old 05-20-2019, 07:42 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Whether or not one can define when individual rights begin or not, we know that a human life grows from conception to the point that it is birthed from the body.

As I have said before, dead things don't grow, if it isn't a life, why would one need to do anything but go on about their busy lives as usual?

This is about human compassion for one another. We take care of our children. There are programs and medical care available for any child who needs it here in America regardless of ability to pay.

For anyone to use that as an argument is ridiculous.
I already accepted my ugly truth. I was discussing the semantics of the topic, not praising or rejecting either stance.

You are anti-abortion. Got it.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:02 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,684,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Great article. I hope every person posting in this thread (heck, every adult period) reads it.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Great article. I hope every person posting in this thread (heck, every adult period) reads it.
Is this a joke? I can't see how this can be taken seriously.

Yes. Sperm needs to connect with an egg to make a baby.

If you don't know that, you shouldn't be posting on this board. Or having sex.

Any women who is with a man that refuses to wear a condom is an IDIOT. A complete and utter IDIOT.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.
pro-murder

The RIGHT to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
How un-American can one be.
Self absorbed, selfish Marxist.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
pro-murder

The RIGHT to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
How un-American can one be.
Self absorbed, selfish Marxist.
What about the already born woman? Does she get her right to life (pregnancy can kill), liberty (being told that she can not make decision as to who can use her body), and pursuit of happiness (not everyone is happy being pregnant or giving birth).

Old 05-20-2019, 08:17 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
It gives me a cold chill to think there are so many people who are fine with allowing a baby, just a few months or less from being born being ripped from its mothers womb and thrown in the trash.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
It gives me a cold chill to think there are so many people who are fine with allowing a baby, just a few months or less from being born being ripped from its mothers womb and thrown in the trash.
Abortions in the third trimester, those would be a few months from birth or less, are only done in the event of lack of viability, or maternal health. Those third trimester abortions are about 1% of all abortions. There are only 3 clinics in the entire US that do third trimester abortions and only 4 doctors in the US.

Yes I am fine with aborting in the third trimester if the mothers life or health is in danger or the fetus is not compatible with life.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
On a moral note, abortion cannot be discussed outside the context of what constitutes life. Life is defined by natural heartbeat. Is it morally correct to terminate a human with a heartbeat simply because that human is growing in a protected environment?
The definition of life is far, far more complicated than that. Even the greatest PhD scientists, medical doctors, and philosophers have not come up with a clear cut, agreed upon definition. Life and death are not black and white. We ease both into and out of life on a continuum. This topic could be a deep and fascinating separate thread topic (and probably is elsewhere on CD).

I don't want to derail this thread's topic, but I did want to address the false statement that "life is defined by natural heartbeat."

Old 05-20-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Six weeks is not arbitrary. That is when a fetal heart beat can be detected.

I don't accept the argument that female humans are a special sort of mammals that does not have a regular biological fertility cycle. Reading here, one gets the impression a monthly human cycle is a myth.

Regardless, there is really no excuse for women claiming that they are intelligent and capable, but when it comes to pregnancy, they know nothing and need months to figure it out.
You don't accept "the argument"?!? I don't know whether to laugh or cry! It's not an "argument." It's a fact. You truly think every woman has cycles that are like clockwork? Don't we wish! Nothing like "Aunt Flo" arriving unexpectedly, especially when we're wearing white pants, am I right ladies? Oh, but Leineke believes that doesn't happen, so I guess we're all just too stupid to count out 4 weeks.

Have you ever lived with a woman? Do have daughters? Ask them! Or ask your doctor if you don't believe us. Trust me, we are not as regular as you seem to think. Not at all.

And this is why men should not have a say in things concerning women's reproductive systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies