Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:53 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I see no problem with it. If a man wants to take a pill and wrap it up to try his best to avoid being a parent, why not.

Women who feel the same should also protect themselves.
I'm all for a better contraceptive method for men. Several more would be even better.

But it won't be an "abortion debate game changer".

No matter how low we push pregnancy and abortion rates, there will never be a "zero" need for abortion. We'll just be having the same arguments over fewer incidences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I wouldn't trust a man who said he was on The Male Pill. If he showed me his doctor's receipt for a vasectomy, no worries

Old 06-11-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wouldn't trust a man who said he was on The Male Pill. If he showed me his doctor's receipt for a vasectomy, no worries
Well...vasectomies fail on occasion. As do regular BC pills.

Whether you can believe what a particular man says or not.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:00 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Remember how some men were saying they'd have a woman sign a consent agreement to have sex so that she couldn't accuse him of rape? Women could have a similar form where the man said he was on The Pill or had a vasectomy. If she got pregnant he would agree to child support for eighteen years.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
/Thread.

If you're a women, are you going to rely on a man who says " I'm on the pill"?

Plenty of guys out there ended up with child support payments that way.
I would. If they're in a trusting relationship, and hopefully they are, if the guy says he's on the pill consistently the girlfriend/wife should be able to believe him. A lot of women don't tolerate BC well.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Birth control for man is great. a man should make sure his sperm doesn’t impregnate a woman without his intention. it will help millions of men avoid paying unwanted child support and help reduce abortions. The question is if available will they use it? Doubtful imo
Only the smart males will use it, leading to an Idiocracy scenario 500 years from now.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Remember how some men were saying they'd have a woman sign a consent agreement to have sex so that she couldn't accuse him of rape? Women could have a similar form where the man said he was on The Pill or had a vasectomy. If she got pregnant he would agree to child support for eighteen years.
Round and round we go. What if she no longer wants this man in her life for any reason at all?

I've certainly met more than one woman who rued the day she told him she was pregnant and he was the sperm donor. It's not the case that any man makes a good father.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:04 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A male contraceptive pill has passed the initial phase one safety tests in New Orleans. It has demonstrated effectiveness in decreasing sperm count while preserving libido. Good news! Hopefully it will prove safe and effective.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/life...u_QdakiUYeNHr0
Hmmmmph...maintaining libido has never been a part of bc development for women.

BC is only effective if it is taken...few men can be bothered with it, they've had condoms for centuries...

Old 06-11-2019, 11:06 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Or you can just stop dipping your wick.
....that's pretty much what they tell the wimmens to do - legs closed, ladies!

Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Only the smart males will use it, leading to an Idiocracy scenario 500 years from now.
Again, it is not meant to replace female bc.
This gives men another option besides condoms only. It provides another option for couples when the woman cant use hormonal bc. It gives men more control over their reproduction.
I thought that's what men wanted. Especially those who fear getting stuck paying child support, getting stuck paying child support for a kid they didnt want, getting duped into paying child support for a kid that isnt theirs and not having any say so concerning a pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies