Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:21 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So in other words:
1. Stop brown illegals only, white ones welcome
2. You want to be able avoid learning tolerance of minorities, gays and continue sexism, yet you want the left to be more tolerant of your views. And you want to stay racist, homophobic and sexist without consequence
3 You want to be able to bring segregation back
4. Once again, you want to ban brown people because you think theyre dangerous (they havent killed anyone here in years) , yet no mention about the white people that have been committing multitudes of mass murders in the past 5 years.

That seems legit.
Excuse me sir, I think you dropped your race card .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 07:32 PM

1,711 posts, read 808,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So in other words:
1. Stop brown illegals only, white ones welcome
2. You want to be able avoid learning tolerance of minorities, gays and continue sexism, yet you want the left to be more tolerant of your views. And you want to stay racist, homophobic and sexist without consequence
3 You want to be able to bring segregation back
4. Once again, you want to ban brown people because you think theyre dangerous (they havent killed anyone here in years) , yet no mention about the white people that have been committing multitudes of mass murders in the past 5 years.

That seems legit.
I have no problem with brown people coming in if they are waving the US flag and wanting to be part of this great country.

I have a problem with any color person coming in with a strong allegiance to some hell hole country they can't wait to escape from.

To me, this is the number reason I'm on the right. I'm pretty liberal orherwise.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:38 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
as far as positions, I'll disagree with the nut-job sentiment a few have typed out ...

as Americans, we take care of those who NEED it. So, I understand that I need to pay some taxes for those who are truly unable to pay their own way.

Who those people are is definitely subject to debate though. But I believe as Americans we debate who qualifies and how much, not whether we'll support our fellow AMericans at all.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
as far as positions, I'll disagree with the nut-job sentiment a few have typed out ...

as Americans, we take care of those who NEED it. So, I understand that I need to pay some taxes for those who are truly unable to pay their own way.

Who those people are is definitely subject to debate though. But I believe as Americans we debate who qualifies and how much, not whether we'll support our fellow AMericans at all.
You can help whomever you want with your own money. Just leave my money alone.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Freedom. Free from elites putting a gun on my head and forcing me to do things.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:24 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I don't think that reads the way you intend it to.
I dunno about that - priorities.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:35 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
I’d like the Left to comprehend that life is rarely fair and often times not equal.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A strong middle class.

One that can afford their own things, and not need the government to provide it for them. Where minimum wage jobs go back to being the jobs of teenagers and not adults with families to feed.

I want us to stop following the policies of the last 50 years that caused us to decimate the middle class by sending our money to China and Mexico, and anywhere else with dirt poor people willing to work for pennies. Also to stop importing poor people in order to drive wages down here.

The worst thing we ever did was open trade with China. We created our own biggest competitor. We had global economic dominance, and we just gave it all away. China would still be a S’hole 3rd world communist country if not for us, and we would still be making the products that the world buys, instead of our companies moving their factories (and jobs) there. I’m old enough to remember when nothing said “Made in China”. Some products said “Made in Taiwan” or “Made in Japan”, but the bulk of our products said “Made in America”. Instead of targeting Cuba for being communist, we should have kept that policy with communist China.

At this point, we cant erase the monster we created, but at least we can elect politicians that put the American people first, ahead of the corporations, and ahead of other countries.
Agree. I’m old enough to remember how much better it was before we gave away our economy to China.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:50 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
My principal concern is development of an educational system that educates, rather than indoctrinates.

We'll need a publicly-funded voucher system that allows for the education of all our children, but all of these entities should be privately-owned and -run. Home-schooling should be strongly promoted, as much in order to encourage students to think independently and resist the needless authoritarianism and regimentation that characterize too many post-industrial workplaces, as for any other reason.

I would also like to see our taxation and revenue systems focused more upon lavish and unnecessary consumption; tax luxuries heavily, particularly when direct personal attention is involved, but the rewards of honest labor, investment income, and capital gains should be free from all direct taxes.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-11-2019 at 09:20 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 08:53 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
My principal concern is development of an educational system that educates, rather than indoctrinates.

We'll need a publicly-funded voucher system that allows for the education of all our children, but all of these entities should be privately-owned and -run. Home-schooling should strongly be promoted, as much in order to encourage students to think independently and resist needless authority and regimentation that characterizes too many post-industrial workplaces, as for any other reason.

I would also like to see our taxation and revenue systems focused more upon lavish and unnecessary consumption; tax luxuries heavily, but the rewards of honest labor, investment income, and capital gains should be free from all taxes.
They've turned everything into a luxury with their god damn taxes and regulations. Can't work hard, too racist. Can't save too much money... racist. Can't buy anything new... racist. Can't think for one's self.... racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies