Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 08:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not really...

she was an employee...he was a boss...that by definition was workplace sexual harassment and assault
It was inappropriate, but as Monica has consistently affirmed, she was not assaulted, she was not coerced. She was an adult woman, able to give consent, and a willing participant. She didn't make a good decision, and neither did President Clinton. Both were very wrong. But there was nothing criminal.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:12 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Clinton shouldn't have gone there, unequal power dynamic, but, not impeached for it, no.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:27 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Monica could not give consent and was not in a position to give consent in front of the most powerful person in the world.
She chased him. She also had her eye on Stephanopoulos, but was able to pull off the big score with the prez. Clinton also had other girlfriends during his time in the white house. He was just a horn dog, but Monica was pretty immature and thought she could be his real girlfriend, or something. She was particularly jealous of Eleanor Mondale and made some scenes. Slick Willie's other women were able to keep it on the down low, as they should, but those working close to the president knew all about it of course and helped to conceal his dalliances. He should have passed on Monica though, too much drama.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
IMO, Bill Clinton as President should not have been put in the position of having to lie to federal investigators about cheating on Hillary with another woman. But this is what happens when political witch hunts are started based on lies. At the time, I remember thinking this was a huge waste of time over nothing.

Now indignant Democrats wish to commit exactly the same mistake with Trump. 2 years, they didn't find anything, now they are creating outrage over something just as inconsequential. And like it was with Bill Clinton, it is a waste of time over nothing.

So there was no need for impeachment, because I'm sure that Slick Willy paid dearly for that particular dalliance. He was after all, married to someone who routinely rides on the broom complete with the contingent of flying monkeys. No man in America would have wanted to trade places with him after that.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:41 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Though Clinton has been accused of four rapes going back to his college days, and several other violent sexual assaults, this was consensual. I think had the media not kept the lid on the rapey past, he might have been removed.

So the short answer is the media.

The media certainly played a role. It was much the same with Obama and Fast and Furious. What a blatant abuse of power that was trying to run a false flag to further the gun control agenda. And now the Dems are dropping Twinkys in the toilet because they can't impeach Trump and he beat their lies honest like with the leftist media backing the Dems play in spades.

The biggest share of the media has been and will continue to back the moonbat left. Dem presidents and representitives can pretty much rape pillage and plunder with impunity.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:45 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It was inappropriate, but as Monica has consistently affirmed, she was not assaulted, she was not coerced. She was an adult woman, able to give consent, and a willing participant. She didn't make a good decision, and neither did President Clinton. Both were very wrong. But there was nothing criminal.
Meh, ol slick Willy got a BJ from some young woman who I'm sure was more than willing and then he lied about it, basically.

How many of these guys back in the day were screwing around and had mistresses and all of that. People are all up in arms about it being in the oval office. I couldn't care less what these guys do with women as long as no one is getting hurt.

I'm not a Clinton fan in particular but whatever, I couldn't care less at the end of the day.

Was it ground for impeachment and an attempt to remove him from office, no, that was just simply partisan politics at play.

I feel that same about the orange one, he hasn't done anything that warrants him from being removed from office, I'm not a fan of his either.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:50 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Impeach someone for an affair? Please.
How many times will the left lie about this case? He wasn't impeached for banging a chick his daughter's age. He was impeached for lying under oath. Perjury. A crime. The same one many people are in prison for.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
IMO, Bill Clinton as President should not have been put in the position of having to lie to federal investigators about cheating on Hillary with another woman. But this is what happens when political witch hunts are started based on lies. At the time, I remember thinking this was a huge waste of time over nothing.

Now indignant Democrats wish to commit exactly the same mistake with Trump. 2 years, they didn't find anything, now they are creating outrage over something just as inconsequential. And like it was with Bill Clinton, it is a waste of time over nothing.

So there was no need for impeachment, because I'm sure that Slick Willy paid dearly for that particular dalliance. He was after all, married to someone who routinely rides on the broom complete with the contingent of flying monkeys. No man in America would have wanted to trade places with him after that.
He wasn't. He was on trial for sexual harassment. He singled out a woman, had the state police bring her to his hotel room, pulled out his ****, and tried to make her perform oral sex on him. That is what the original trial was about. It appears that Democrats, male and female, have no issues with powerful men doing such things these days.

In that trial, he lied under oath about his affair with Monica. Lying under oath is perjury-a crime. The impeachment wasn't over a young girl pressured into giving him a BJ-it was over the perjury. The Clintons have a strong aversion to the truth.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:01 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He wasn't. He was on trial for sexual harassment. He singled out a woman, had the state police bring her to his hotel room, pulled out his ****, and tried to make her perform oral sex on him. That is what the original trial was about. It appears that Democrats, male and female, have no issues with powerful men doing such things these days.

In that trial, he lied under oath about his affair with Monica. Lying under oath is perjury-a crime. The impeachment wasn't over a young girl pressured into giving him a BJ-it was over the perjury. The Clintons have a strong aversion to the truth.

So do you think lying under oath about a BJ is worthy of losing the presidency. I assume you're not a Clinton fan, and I'm not either, he's a creep, but just taking this one situation about Monica. If your guy was in office and you liked his record and it was the same situation would you be all fired up to impeach and attempt to remove him from office. Is this lying about BJs under oath really really that worthy of a man basically getting fired and possibly put in jail.

Let's do an intellectually honesty check here???

Old 06-14-2019, 09:01 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post

Did just everyone in congress in the time think being a bonafide rapist was cool?
Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

He was acquitted in his Senate trial, mostly because the GOP-controlled Senate had no interest in convicting him, thereby making Al Gore the sitting incumbent going into a presidential election year. So they voted to acquit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies