Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 07:10 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess liberals have never made mistakes in their lives. They’re must be morally equal to God!

https://news.yahoo.com/harvard-resci...191409135.html
It will be interesting to see how many people who trashed on Christians for not allowing a gay teen to counsel their kids, will turn around and support Harvard on this. I love watching hypocrites expose themselves.

One thing that I do not agree with when people get caught saying things like this kid did, is when they say, "it's not indicative of who I am". Actually, it is quite indicative of who that person is. I'm sure they've changed, but to be able to say what he said, so casually, and only 2 years ago - I just don't believe that ever goes away, no matter how much someone tries to stuff it down.

Either way, whether he's "matured a lot since then" or not, Harvard has every right to revoke his acceptance.

I also know that karma is a b, and those who turned that over to Harvard, for no other reason than to try to ruin this kid's life and opportunities, will face theirs one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You know who called for Harvard to rescind the offer?
Laura Loomer.

Know who else?

Jacob Wohl.

Now, I know nothing about these people but apparently they portray themselves as not liberals.
Like, really not liberals.

“At the same time, far-right figures like anti-Muslim activist Laura Loomer—who view Kashuv as a member of the GOP establishment—led a campaign urging Harvard to revoke Kashuv’s admission.
On Monday, right-wing provocateur and Kashuv foe Jacob Wohl celebrated the revoked admission, calling Kashuv a “political charlatan” in a post on the messaging app Telegram.“

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kyle-k...r-racial-slurs

Interesting that the OP and others want, or is it need, to lay the blame elsewhere.
I can assure you that Conservatives don't back.... let me backtrack...I can assure that Conservatives, who are not brainwashed cucks, have no regard for either Laura "My Tire!" Loomer OR Jacob Wohl. They, just like the cucks, are phony. They aren't in it for true Conservative values. They are in it for whatever pathetic attempt at fame they are seeking.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-17-2019 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 07:13 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess liberals have never made mistakes in their lives. They’re must be morally equal to God!

https://news.yahoo.com/harvard-resci...191409135.html
You guess wrong.

It’s just that the rule doesn’t apply to them. It only applies to the people on the right.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:15 PM

35,097 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Another more serious thought; the great Supreme Court justice Brandeis famously stated, in a concurring opinion in Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357, 377 (1927):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Louis Brandeis
Those who won our independence by revolution were not cowards. They did not fear political change. They did not exalt order at the cost of liberty. To courageous, self-reliant men, with confidence in the power of free and fearless reasoning applied through the processes of popular government, no danger flowing from speech can be deemed clear and present unless the incidence of the evil apprehended is so imminent that it may befall before there is opportunity for full discussion. If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence. Only an emergency can justify repression. Such must be the rule if authority is to be reconciled with freedom.
Apparently Harvard forgot the lesson of Justice Brandeis, who lent his name to another college a few miles away, in Waltham.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:22 PM

35,097 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Pretty rich from a school that actively discriminate Asians and Jews.
Let me see if I understand; at 16 he uses the "n" word and therefore can't attend Harvard. Harvard, a racist-free paradise, deliberately excludes many Asian and Jewish students because of their race. Now I get it.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And this -- but he was only 16 -- my youngest has been online since he was primry school -- 8 years old....and he knows/knew that what ever he puts out there lives forever...so don't be an idiot.

If at 16 this kid didn't know better than to do stuff like this online -- he doesn't get to go to Harvard.
I don't disagree. However, the left as well as groups like BLM will argue that gang bangers at 16 aren't responsible enough to be held accountable. He was just a kid they say.

I agree with you and others. At 16 a sense of right from wrong should be established. If not mom and dad screwed up a tad.
That said at 16 young adults still do stupid things. Being a racist is stupid. Bigots do change. I was a homophobe and bashed gays at every opportunity. Then I got to know a few. Now they come to my home for cook outs and other get togethers.

My only issue with this thread are the countless other threads condemning bakeries for excluding groups that they feel morally opposed to. The Camp that fired the young gay man. Based upon a moral conviction of their faith.

Harvard does pretty much the same thing and the left is cheering it on. So which is it?

Me I think Harvard, like the Bakery and the camp have the right to refuse service based upon their moral convictions. That said they better do it to every student, every professor, every employee, who spews garbage.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:56 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
This is not a political issue. The kid’s a liability. He didn’t just use the n word while making dumb jokes, he made statements like “I hate the Jews, they should die” type stuff.

If a kid was found to have made multiple comments about how much he hates women and wanted them to suffer, and then a college is notified but lets the kid in anyway, do you know how much crap would it the fan if that kid went on to hurt a female student once on campus? The school would be all kinds of liable.

If Harvard lets him on campus and he goes on to get caught harassing Jewish students or students of color in any way, Harvard is SCREWED. I don’t care how much he says he’s changed... unless he can point to some solid evidence (like a therapist’s treatment or him becoming active in anti racist groups or something) they are not touching him with a ten foot pole.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:04 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This is not a political issue. The kid’s a liability. He didn’t just use the n word while making dumb jokes, he made statements like “I hate the Jews, they should die” type stuff.

If a kid was found to have made multiple comments about how much he hates women and wanted them to suffer, and then a college is notified but lets the kid in anyway, do you know how much crap would it the fan if that kid went on to hurt a female student once on campus? The school would be all kinds of liable.

If Harvard lets him on campus and he goes on to get caught harassing Jewish students or students of color in any way, Harvard is SCREWED. I don’t care how much he says he’s changed... unless he can point to some solid evidence (like a therapist’s treatment or him becoming active in anti racist groups or something) they are not touching him with a ten foot pole.
the kid is jewish, tina.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
[quote=boneyard1962;55450150]I don't disagree. However, the left as well as groups like BLM will argue that gang bangers at 16 aren't responsible enough to be held accountable. He was just a kid they say.

I agree with you and others. At 16 a sense of right from wrong should be established. If not mom and dad screwed up a tad.
That said at 16 young adults still do stupid things. Being a racist is stupid. Bigots do change. I was a homophobe and bashed gays at every opportunity. Then I got to know a few. Now they come to my home for cook outs and other get togethers.

My only issue with this thread are the countless other threads condemning bakeries for excluding groups that they feel morally opposed to. The Camp that fired the young gay man. Based upon a moral conviction of their faith.

Harvard does pretty much the same thing and the left is cheering it on. So which is it?

Me I think Harvard, like the Bakery and the camp have the right to refuse service based upon their moral convictions. That said they better do it to every student, every professor, every employee, who spews garbage.[/QUOTE

The camp didn't fire the kid for doing something wrong......they fired him for who he is.
The student's acceptance was rescinded not because of who he was --- race, sexual orientation, etc. but for actions or behaviors he did.

That's not the same at all.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
And yes this goes both ways. If this was a liberal kid -- conservatives wouldn't even give the story a passing glance,

Old 06-17-2019, 09:30 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Let's all remember this when it comes to the "check the box" regarding those with criminal histories and employment.

Wonder Harvard's stance on it, wonder some posters' stance on this versus the check the box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies