Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:16 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

If it's harder for a cisgender White male to get a job, I'm not seeing it. Based on my personal experiences, it's harder for a Black man to get a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 06:36 AM

804 posts, read 545,848 times
It depends. No matter how much money you have your work could suck balls

Old 06-19-2019, 06:41 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it's harder for a cisgender White male to get a job, I'm not seeing it. Based on my personal experiences, it's harder for a Black man to get a job.
When looking at unemployment statistics broken down by race/ethnicity and gender, black men have the highest rate, about double that of white men. White men don't have the lowest unemployment rate of any demographic, but it is still significantly lower than black or hispanics of either gender.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

Old 06-19-2019, 06:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Absolutely. There has been a war on straight white males for some time now in our society. How many lead roles do you see featuring straight white masculine males, how many commercials, TV shows, pop culture etc? If anything the straight while masculine male is the "bad guy" these days.
YES....

Just look at the makeup of Congress and corporate CEO's. Obviously those don't start to represent "the people".....Look even at many town boards and state legislatures. I'd be surprised if 30% of government officials are female (and therefore NOT cis-male and white).

In a "representative republic", should the representatives be......representtive? Of should they be something else, like who has the most money because they got the land free or stuff like that?

Why, only 24 Fortune 500 Companies have Female CEO's. Imagine!

Old 06-19-2019, 06:45 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
When looking at unemployment statistics broken down by race/ethnicity and gender, black men have the highest rate, about double that of white men. White men don't have the lowest unemployment rate of any demographic, but it is still significantly lower than black or hispanics of either gender.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm
The statistics certainly show it. And when I say from "personal experiences", I'm a Black man and I had a long stretch of unemployment followed by underemployment. And between October 2018-April 2019, Blacks were the only demographic to see their unemployment rates rise. And it was Black men who suffered the most. Black women have a less difficult time finding work than Black men. This is why I disagree with the idea that cisgender White males have the hardest time getting work. Statistics say otherwise.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:58 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Yeah but whenever I hear of this, it's always some sort of debate group, or some sort of studies thing. In business when the other things matter more, don't a lot of people who want to hire the best for talent, don't put race, or gender at the top of their list of things to look for, compared to the work that they produce?
Oh yes it happens. It's called "diversity". I'm surrounded by these types at work.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Is it true that being a cysgender white male makes it harder to get work?
No, it is pretty much the opposite of the truth.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:05 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Oh okay that's interesting.

Well when I made my own short film projects before, I would just hire the best of the best based if I felt they were good for the job, and I didn't care where they were from or what there sexual characteristics were, I just wanted the best quality, so I chose based on quality.

There was one time I chose to turn down an actor cause of his accent though, and I felt bad, but I felt that his accent would not suit the character at all, and I didn't think I could successfully change the accent around, if I hired him. Was that bad of me?

I was just thinking in best interest of the character, and if I did choose to go with him, then viewers who look at my work, will wonder why such a character has that type of accent, and the viewer wouldn't care about diversity when they are trying to dissect the story, will they?

And another director I worked under, also chose to turn down an actor cause the accent didn't fit where the character was suppose to have grown up. So it's others doing it as well, but is that bad?
Hiring the best of the best hasn't been politically correct for decades.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:09 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Well I looked it up, and I think by cisgender, he meant a person identifying that their physical gender is their own, if that makes sense.
You mean normal? Or not mentally ill? That part makes sense-but the term is still a slur if it's not what those people choose to call themselves.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
That's what my film school professor told me. He says the market makes it very difficult to get work if you are white, male, or cisgender he said. And I find this surprising cause when it comes to trying sell a motion picture product to the market, most movie audiences don't care who the director is, or know anything about them. They just want to see a good movie.

Plus if try to get job directing a movie, now they can tell that I am a white male, but I would be very surprised if they would ask if me if I was cisgender or not cause you're not allowed to ask that question, and even if they could get away with asking it, I don't think they are going to want any one going around saying that they asked that question when hiring people.

So is it really that big of a thing to worry about as my professor was making it out to be, do you think?

I really think that normal males should refuse to buy into this multi-gender nonsense and even accept the term "cis-gendered". To do so is to accept the lunacy of the left.

In the real world, we have normal people and freaks. There are not 60 some odd gender designations, there is only two- male and female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies