Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 08:41 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Great racist post.
I know, what difference does it make what the skin color or ethnicity of illegal aliens are? Just like usual the poster is throwing out the race card. It's part of the leftist playbook. Not our fault that most illegals tend to have brown skin and are from south of our border so what's the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 06:02 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know, what difference does it make what the skin color or ethnicity of illegal aliens are? Just like usual the poster is throwing out the race card. It's part of the leftist playbook. Not our fault that most illegals tend to have brown skin and are from south of our border so what's the point?
It's part of the rightie playbook to pretend skin color doesn't matter. That's why you never hear a peep out of them when it comes to illegal immigrants from Europe or Asia.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:06 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Haven't you noticed that Trump comes up with these fear tactics, only to back down later. It's a pattern with him.

Maybe it is fear tactics when it comes to Iran. The world knows that we have the power to turn Iran into a smoldering crater but they also know that we cannot do that.

Iran is feeling the squeeze of the sanctions. Trump does not want to get into a war so why escalate a bad action, them shooting down our drone, with a counter attack.

I do think Trump cares about people, he has for decades and that didn't stop when he became President. I think his conscious got to him when he learned that about 150 people would die in the counter attack and when it comes down to it what would it prove?

This morning on NPR someone said that Trump talks loudly and carries a small stick. What would they have him do? start a war with Iran?

I still think Trump did the right thing here.

As for the illegal alien raids I think it was a mistake to tell everyone they were going to happen but smart to call them off, for now. The political football of immigration reform is back in the hands of the Dems. I highly doubt they will do anything with it but maybe it is a start.

Trump knows that images of families being removed from their homes will be used against him but he also knows that our laws need to be enforced. These families have been ordered to self deport by a certain date, they didn't and will now be sent packing. How is this any different than being ordered by a judge to present yourself on a certain date to serve your time in jail. If you don't you will be removed from your home, arrested and dragged to jail. Illegal aliens are not above the law but the Dems don't mind giving them a pass if it will make Trump look like an ogre.

The fear tactics might be a pattern with him but they do work and it is all politics.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just saw this that Trump is calling off the ICE raids tomorrow and will give the Senate time to talk about it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-d...ds-11561230851

This past week we saw him call back a counter attack on the site that fired the missile that took down our drone. He did this when he found out that up to 150 people were expected to be collateral damage in the attack.

For years the Left has been telling us that Trump is a monster, a Hitler dictator wanna be with no heart, someone that would tear families apart and put them into "concentration camps" at the border..

Could the naysayers be wrong? Could Trump actually be a human being with feelings for families, kids and soldiers caught in the crossfire of their leaders mistake? How could this be?

I agree with Trump to call off the counter attack but not so much with calling off the raids of illegal aliens that already had their day in court, were told to leave and didn't.

His decisions of course are political so there has to be an angle which I'm sure will soon be disparaged, extrapolated and spun into a negative frenzy by the Left for weeks but what can you do?

Is calling off the ICE raids a good idea?
Yes, smart move. BUT, I had the same feeling at first, what the heck is doing...

President Trump is very smart. Now Democrats have to act or be seen like they have been so far. The Party of "NO", and party of not doing anything.

Soon, Democrats will start to run on DACA as they do every 4 years, and then forget about them within months after the elections, to remember them 4 years later.

Now President Trump can call the Dems out.

If the Dems will do something, then President Trump is the one who got the Dems to step up. So this game of chest is again has a winner, President Trump!!!

Old 06-23-2019, 07:44 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
I just saw this that Trump is calling off the ICE raids tomorrow and will give the Senate time to talk about it.

This past week we saw him call back a counter attack on the site that fired the missile that took down our drone. He did this when he found out that up to 150 people were expected to be collateral damage in the attack.

For years the Left has been telling us that Trump is a monster, a Hitler dictator wanna be with no heart, someone that would tear families apart and put them into "concentration camps" at the border..

Could the naysayers be wrong? Could Trump actually be a human being with feelings for families, kids and soldiers caught in the crossfire of their leaders mistake? How could this be?

I agree with Trump to call off the counter attack but not so much with calling off the raids of illegal aliens that already had their day in court, were told to leave and didn't.

His decisions of course are political so there has to be an angle which I'm sure will soon be disparaged, extrapolated and spun into a negative frenzy by the Left for weeks but what can you do?

trump constantly flipping anything he says or does just confirms what we all knew, he cannot be trusted. You can never believe anything he says or does. And some people think that’s good? No, it’s really not a good thing when you can never trust or believe in anything the president says or does.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:53 AM

10,480 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:

He's making himself look like the kind of guy that is all talk, but no action. I'm too glad he called off the attack on Iran, but like others said, we never should have gathered our military and stage it off the coast of Iran. Plus, Trump is the one that was crying how Obama would keep telling everyone what he plans to do so the enemy was one step ahead. Combine that with how he was going to pull the troops out of Afghanistan, and even Mattis resigned because of that move, but the second Israel Prime Mininister Netanyahu went on the world stage and cried that this was a mistake, Trump doubled down on withdrawing the troops. He was even trying to keep quiet about it till some parents of children over there started asking questions, and Trump says it's going to take years to bring them home, not weeks. THen add him bringing on Bolton and Pompeo on board (personally, I think he was forced to bring them into his administration) and just as I thought all along, the US presidency has no power anymore. There are puppet masters behind the curtain that are pulling the strings and they are the real power of this country. Make no mistake, I voted for Obama in 2008 because he too said he would take us out of the Middle East wars and do something about Nafta. In the end, he backed off both promises.

Trump might be trying to play games with these people by pretending the bomb Iran and then withdraw at the last second, but I won't be surprised if these puppet masters end up taking Trump out in the end, because they want their war with Iran. Either way, these puppet masters probably refused to help Trump with this raid, so he is saving face by claiming to call it off. Either way, like I said, the President has no power anymore. We are being controlled by the elite and Israel.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:18 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Okay I'm confused, isn't it the job of ICE to periodically round up these "law breakers" and deport them?
So why all the pomp and circumstance from Trump. They no doubt informed him that they're going along at the regular pace and there was not going to be a big photo op. Trump probably envisioned a big Hollywood style picture of him peering down from a perch while below him armed ICE guards are herding 100,000 Mexicans into waiting buses all facing southward. He could have sold signed copies to Trumpaholics.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:24 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
He can’t win or do anything right with the TDS crowd, this thread is perfect evidence of that. F every single one of them.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Deportation is meaningless without a wall
Amazing if you act you are a monster if you don’t you are a weak coward
It does not seem to matter his actions he is condemned- the astronomical improvement in the economy is dismissed as sheer luck
Recently graham Lindsey in public admitted cnn is a mouth piece for the Democratic Party
Somehow I think the media does not speak for the people
Which explains the hostility in congress to alternate media

Old 06-23-2019, 08:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He can’t win or do anything right with the TDS crowd, this thread is perfect evidence of that. F every single one of them.
Someone is triggered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies