Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 09:31 AM

24,004 posts, read 15,100,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
It's an assault so I don't think they'd be sued if she was fired!

"The employee has been terminated" is what should have been said.
Anybody can sue for anything. Getting a lawyer to take the case is something else.

Since the splitter was arrested, that FBI record will be enough to keep them from getting any other job. Hope they like where they are now.job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 09:34 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,364 times
Maxine's happy that someone got her marching orders

"Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere. We've got to get the children connected to their parents," Waters said at the Wilshire Federal Building,
according to video of the event.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/polit...als/index.html

Old 06-27-2019, 09:34 AM

3,274 posts, read 3,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I don't condone it, and the man should be fined.

I won't lose any sleep knowing Eric Trump was spit on, though.
Your parents must be so proud of you. It's ok to disagree with someone, it's not ok to spit on them.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hope he gets a felony for battery! One vote less for Democrats!

The person will for sure have his background checked by secret service so we may learn what else the person was up to. You just don't spit out of the blue...must have done more awful things.

No normal person will show this behavior if you do not agree with someone else.
He didn't. Apparently he was taken in, and held for 2 hours but released with no charges against him or that is what I read this morning in our paper.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
That's a violation of the non-aggression principle.

Not that anyone around here knows or cares about such a thing.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:56 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh my--poor attention-seeking Eric Trump. The Trump boys need to understand that if they choose to insult a wide swath of Americans on a large scale, insult experienced high level government officials and politicians, and insult people far more knowledgeable than they are, they should expect that people will react and respond.

If they would like to be left alone, they should get out of politics, rid themselves of the need for infinite attention, rid themselves of the notion that it matters who their father is, and stop publicly inserting themselves into matters that have nothing to do with them. I.e., live as private citizens do and nobody will bother them. Put themselves in the middle of everything and start publicly attacking people, and they are going to get crap thrown back in their face. That is the way the world works. They just eat it up and love it when they are basking in the Maralago attention of the sycophants. But disrespect them? How dare any of the little people do that!

These self-important attention hogs should understand that if they want to present themselves as public pundits who bash people and treat them in an extremely extremely disrespectful manner, then people will respond in kind. They are just more evidence of the cluelessness and bubble life of the Trump family.

If they can't stand the heat, they should get their irresponsible loudmouth butts out of the kitchen.
I cant believe anyone would be low enough to try to justify spitting on anyone. Disgusting.
The dems are the party of violence and assault.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah, yeah--tds.

I am saying that Eric and Jr. Trump spend a good deal of time attacking and insulting people--they should expect people will react. They are not gods who are allowed to attack and insult whomever they want with no reaction.

Moderator cut: off topic/trolling
how did eric 'attack and insult' this person?

let's hear what you think justifies spitting on someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He didn't. Apparently he was taken in, and held for 2 hours but released with no charges against him or that is what I read this morning in our paper.
she. the spitter was female.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:36 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
It’s interesting that the spitter’s identity is kept secret. If the roles were reverse, we would have known every detail of their life within hours. I don’t believe in doxxing but this woman violated the non-aggression principle so her name and picture should be fair game, if for no other reason than to give fair warning to her future customers that she’s a filthy spitter.

Llama girl.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:55 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is wrong to blame all democrats for the crazy, irresponsible behavior of a restaurant employee who has the impulse control of a grade schooler. Most dems don't spit on people and most republicans don't march around with tiki torches.

I wish some people would quit making one person's or a few people's behavior the exemplar for voters of an entire political party.
Bingo, kudos, clap clap clap and a rep for you.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:12 PM

78,449 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Go fund me page set up....but she's still anonymous. If it's real, and it may not be, they claim the money is to help her make it until she gets a new job and that she stood up to a "bully" lol (think you have that one reversed there champ).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48919...ump-ashe-schow

I don't support doxxing her.
I don't support the restaurant taking a cowardly stance.
I appreciate that at least some people recognize that this is just the stance of one person and not a blanket indictment of all democrats. (same goes for when a Repub does something nuts)
Lastly I appreciate that Trump didn't press charges, we don't need more petty division.

The people that put money into the go-fund-me are some sad individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies