Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 10:29 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

The Washington Examiner has already filed a FOI request for the video footage of inside the facility. It is one of their reporters, Anna Giaritelli, who is challenging AOC’s account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 10:30 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Were they both there at the exact same time?
Same day, not sure if at the same time.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:36 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Anyone with a brain would know this is fake news. Why did she vote against two bills that would help kids in migrant detention centers?

It's funny that Occasional-Cortex, whose last job was as a bartender, criticized Ivanka for being a White House senior advisor. I guess she is too lazy to watch the many videos of Ivanka chairing events and spearheading programs to empower women in business, partner business owners with community college students for apprenticeship programs, have more on the job training for employees at large corporations so they can be promoted, extended family leave and child tax credits. She's worked with Sec. of Labor Acosta on most of these programs. She ran a successful fashion company before she worked at the White House and was an executive at the Trump Organization where her last project was managing the renovation of the historic Trump International Hotel in DC, under budget and ahead of schedule.

Meanwhile, what has Ocrazio-Cortez done beside make dinner on Instagram or whine that she doesn't know what a garbage disposal does? She is an attention wh00re who will be a one-termer. According to polls, her constituents don't like her and Nervous Nancy is probably working behind the scenes to replace her.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:41 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
So what happened? I heard AOC was complaining about a border detention center's lavatory during a tour of the facility and a border patrol agent dunked her head in the toilet and gave her a swirley. And that's how she accidentally drank toilet water.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
So let's see. A Representative from New York is, as a member of the House of Representatives, investigating a matter that should matter to all Americans; and finds a problem, and reports it to all Americans.

I'm not seeing a problem here. What should she have done? Stay silent and ignore the problem, be outspoken about the problem, be barefoot and pregnant in her own home, or what? Oh, that's right; she was a bartender, so her word carries no weight in politics.

Kind of like a real estate developer's word; you know, a real estate developer who has no political experience and who has repeatedly stiffed his contractors. Like his word carries any weight. He will reverse today's remarks tomorrow anyway, while sitting on the can and tweeting. And change them again in a week. Yeah, there's a role model for Americans to follow.

AOC, as a representative of her constituents, is representing those constituents. Rightly or wrongly, she is representing those constituents as best as she can. You may not like what she has to say, but dammit, she's going to say something about what she sees in America's current political discourse in front of Congress. That's her job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Whether you like her or not. There should be an investigation and if true then ALL Americans regardless of Party affiliation should be up in arms. This is NOT what are nation stands for. We can enforce our borders legally and humanely
Anyone who believes an ounce of what that nut says needs to see a psychiatrist.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:46 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So what happened? I heard AOC was complaining about a border detention center's lavatory during a tour of the facility and a border patrol agent dunked her head in the toilet and gave her a swirley. And that's how she accidentally drank toilet water.
And THAT, sir and ladies, is what counts as morality with a sick sense of humor.

Hope you never have to accidentally drink toilet water, hopefully these liberals whining will still keep you out of having to do it, you know? in the name of freedom, human rights and all ? Very sure they will anyway.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who are you going to believe ? The liberal activist, bias, congresswoman and known liar or:

Latino pastors cast doubt on AOC’s claims, say tour found migrant centers clean, well-run
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/imm...y-aoc-hispanic

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.
You left out that he is a Trump advisor so yeah, I think I will believe the Liberal since we all know that anyone connected to the Trump administration is probably a liar like Trump.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:48 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why do you say she's lying? What proof do you have of that? It's unconscionable what border officers are doing to those people. What's more disturbing is some people don't care.
You have not a single clue what is or isn't going on there. Stop acting like you do.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:52 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why do you say she's lying? What proof do you have of that? It's unconscionable what border officers are doing to those people. What's more disturbing is some people don't care.
The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization “cares” ... which is why a bunch of Hispanic Pastors rushed over toe same facilities that AOC was screaming about. What did these Pastors find? She Lied.

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.

“I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

It was ONLY the Nutty AOC who claimed this abuse, she did not do the briefings and she refused to tour the facilities. She is a total nut case.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:54 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
We're not even talking about names here.

We're talking about these BP members representing her on a forum performing oral sex on a migrant (willingly, if I may comment on the horrible set-up pictures) and UNWILLINLY by a thrump personage like "that's what you asked for", some of them even added "now be nice, girl" and such the like...
You're talking about a different incident unrelated to toilets. Since you appear to live in a different country, I will try to explain. The social media posts are being investigated and if true, those agents will likely loose their jobs. AOC has been accusing them of doing dreadful things and they very well may have responded inappropriately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies