Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 12:01 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
How many made those posts though? I certainly wouldn't want to condemn the entire group (look at it here, lol). In social media, you are always going to have some folks get out of line. When they pinpoint who made those posts, they are going to be fired.
Isn't there something that in "secret facebook group" says most people agree to what is being said ? That people voluntarily got into that group and let these messages pass on, for how long again ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 12:01 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

I'm confused. Multiple members of congress have confirmed that migrants being held are being forced to drink from toilets.

Do you think that, just because you post fake news and false information, people will believe you?
Please allow me to alleviate your confusion.

Other members of Congress obviously made the same mistake AOC did in erroneously believing that people who might have been drinking out of the sink on top of the integrated sink-toilet unit were instead drinking from the toilet, when they actually weren't. They were drinking out of the sink.

There are a lot of stupid people in Congress. AOC is not alone in that regard. She's just exceptionally stupid in her own right.

We are happy to have been of service in clearing up this misunderstanding.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
this sounds far more believable than ocrazio's rant.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Isn't there something that in "secret facebook group" says most people agree to what is being said ? That people voluntarily got into that group and let these messages pass on, for how long again ?
Do you agree with everything said on this forum? My guess is no.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I suspect what happened is these women in a room with no running water were asked for water to drink & some idiot thought he was being funny and told them there was water in the toilet. Then that was passed on to AOC.

And let's be real -- these folks working the centers and the border are proving to be anything but the cream of the crop.

9,000 belong to that 'secret' group where they mock and celebrate the dead people. That represents about 45% of the folks that work the border/centers. That's a high number of idiots.

No -- it isn't Trump's fault.

But -- it doesn't look good for him and his administration.

He has to find someone that can 'fix' it properly. So far The White House has not handled any of this well.

Last time they sent Melania in to show her concern and she chose to end the visit with that "I don't care do U" jacket which detracted from the whole 'we really do care about the kids' vibe they were trying to send.
Yes I know she was trying to send a message to the 'press'...wrong time for that message, definitely inappropriate. She could have worn that jacket any other time...but she chose a 90 degree day in Houston on a trip to show how much she cared. Dumb.

This White House is awful at controlling their message.

They just are.
THANK YOU, sir.

We certainly don't agree on why, how or what, but thank you for saying the obvious :

people shouldn't treat people that way, no matter politics, economics, whatever. It should at least be questionned and investigated.

Bottom of the barrel indeed.... except for those defending them... they should be used as litter.

Last edited by personne; 07-02-2019 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Do you agree with everything said on this forum? My guess is no.
On this forum ? a lot. Also from the point of view of republicans. I guess your guess was wrong Search if my word is not enough.

On this tread, I agreed with those who found despicable the yoga some need to do to defend this.

Anything I might agree on that I missed ?

Old 07-02-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Migrants, no those are ones that arrive legally. These are illegal Aliens.....
Still should be treated with respect but being overwhelmed with a lack of support and funds to do your job can be very trying to say the least.
Okay, problem of words.

I was talking about the thousands of "migrants" that come and die to shore in the mediterreanean sea for ex.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,264,501 times
...I can't believe the amount of people defending AOC on this

If the shoe was on the other foot...they would be screaming their heads off

Old 07-02-2019, 12:23 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
From the article in the first post:

Quote:
A CBP official denied the toilet accusations on Monday, insisting that the locations Ocasio-Cortez visited have standard-issue jail-type appliances with sinks that dispense safe drinking water attached to toilets in a single unit.

“‘No one is drinking toilet water,” the official said. “They’re drinking potable water from the sink attached to the toilet.” It’s what you would find in every municipal jail in the United States.”
AOC is a real piece of work.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:28 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So it's between deplorable conditions here or going back to a deadly situation back home. And you can't figure out why they aren't leaving.

Hmmm...
These are economic migrants. And obviously they think the conditions are worth it if it means they get to stay here eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies