Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:45 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Gee, I remember, not even a year ago that lefties on here were claiming that "no kid is getting any replacement therapy, that's a conspiracy theory".

As usual, the left lied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 06:53 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Various studies, started and completed in multiple different decades and different cultures, spans the figure between 60% and 95%, with the bulk being in the mid 80’s. I have provided you those before and will not be doing so again.
In the absence of any way to tell who will persist and who will not, what do you propose to do? If social transitioning is not offered, are you not throwing the persisters under the bus?

Quote:
Research done in a couple of nations that have embraced social transitioning long enough to have some results have shown that individuals who socially transition and later decide to embrace their biological gender have significant adjustment issues in adulthood and are the group most likely to display suicide ideation. They are working on figuring out the reason.
I cannot find a source to support this statement.

Quote:
I did when I was younger. As I aged and understood changing it wasn’t something that could happen I shifted to expressing how unfair it was that I was a girl. In the middle of high school, for reasons I still don’t understand to this day, my thinking shifted and evolved from no longer being angry about it, to acceptance, and finally embracing my gender. I still don’t wear jewelry or makeup, never wear dresses unless I have absolutely no choice, and keep my hair simple, but I am genuinely glad I am a woman and got to be a mother, wife, and grandmother. My life would have been ruined if I were a child today.

However, I will tell you, unlike a lot of parents, mine made it clear they loved me regardless and understood my feelings, even if they couldn’t allow me to act on them all the time. I was allowed to dress and act however I wanted at home but it was explained to me that when one is in society there are rules, along with expectations, and life is easier if we follow them. Home, I was taught, is your safe place, while society doesn’t have that function. Frankly, I am the mentally healthy person I am today because they understood balancing their desire to not watch me hurt as a child with teaching me to deal with rejection in a way that wouldn’t cripple me if I encountered it as an adult.
Why would your life be "ruined" today?

Do you realize that what you are saying is that today's transgender children should not be allowed to do what you did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold - yes I did call myself a boy. When I went to different neighborhoods, dressed like a boy, with my unisex name, I felt very happy an d existed as a boy and called myself a boy. My mom once cornrowed my hair and put me on some swimming trunks and let me go to a "boys only" camp and it was one of the happiest experiences of my childhood. I got to, what I felt "be myself." I felt like I was a boy and referred to myself as a boy. And would even argue with people who called me a girl.

This is why I don't think that little kids especially should be taken to therapy or given any sort of treatments. Many kids experience this sort of thing. Makes me think of Charlize Theron's son (who she adopted). Pictures of him have been posted and he is dressed totally like a girl. I used to dress totally like a boy as well. Difference probably between my parents and her is that my parents didn't send me to any sort of therapist that would have confused me any further or played into my "wants" as a 5-8 year old child. They let me dress like I wanted most of the time and just let me be myself. I think in her son's case it is interesting that he has a little sister that she adopted apparently around the time that he started wanting to be a girl. IMO his issues probably are similar to ones I had in that his little sister gets something he felt he was missing out on because he was a boy. Kids actually do get fixated on stuff like this. There is no reason to ridicule them but there is also no reason to fully embrace the fantasy.
As I said above, it seems you want to deny a child today to have the experience you did.

Socially transitioning younger children does not involve anything permanent.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:26 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
This is all part of the trans agenda. Get kids questioning their "identity" at an early age. It is extremely sick.
^^
This.

'Nuff said.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:41 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
A seven year old knows nothing about gender. This is simply the SJW/PC agenda being used to facilitate child abuse.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:56 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
amazing! the left is so against therapy for homosexuals but have no problem pushing this on kids as young as 7 who in my opinion, don't even know what sex is at that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What in the hell is going on?

https://www.rt.com/shows/sophieco/46...hange-therapy/

Do doctors even endorse this? Childrens doctors? I seriously doubt it, not real doctors anyway. I have 2 gks in my life, both 7 years old and they sure are not questioning their sexuality yet. Girls are icky and boys suck and are meanies is what's going on. Just the normal stuff it seems.

I think adults with some dubious motives and some stupid parents are involved in this whole thing. I'm seeing more of it and this instance seems to be coming more common in our lives. Too many thought process people following the herd.

Yeah, it's RT. Sophie does come up with some interesting topics though.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:01 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
amazing! the left is so against therapy for homosexuals but have no problem pushing this on kids as young as 7 who in my opinion, don't even know what sex is at that age.
You know that there exists no effective and safe therapy for changing homosexuality, right?

Old 07-23-2019, 12:59 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
If this is not child abuse, then I would say that it is close to it.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:33 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

As I said above, it seems you want to deny a child today to have the experience you did.

Socially transitioning younger children does not involve anything permanent.
I never said I wanted to deny a child dressing like another gender or believing that they are another gender. I have no problem at all with those situations nor even with calling them another name.

I said I don't agree with allowing a child to take any sort of puberty blockers or altering any parts of their body based on them identifying as trans. I have no issues with people who are trans and am supportive of them being accepted by their families, but I don't believe in physically altering a child's body or halting their hormonal development based on dysphoria. I also don't believe that the parents should introduce their children to the idea that they are or may be trans when they are very young children like 4-8 years old.

I never knew anything about that when I was a kid. As I noted, kids can and do get fixated on things and IMO if you tell a kid, like I was, that they are trans, then they will go with it because they can get what they want, when they may not be suffering from dysphoria at all.

I've also seen and read studies regarding gender dysphoria in young children and the results did show that the vast majority of pre-pubescent children who presented as suffering from dysphoria had it resolve by late adolescence by itself. This is the reason why I don't agree with puberty blockers. They stop both neurological and physical development of a child for no real reason related to disease or a health condition.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:04 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
We have friends who have three boys, ages 8, 5, and 3. The 8 and 3 year olds are very masculine, especially the 8 year old - - little ball of energy into all things traditionally masculine. The youngest one is following right in his steps.

The middle boy has been interested in all things girl for the past two-and-a-half years. He wears Disney princess dresses constantly. If he comes over to our house (I have an 8-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter), he goes right to my daughter's room. His eyes light up with anything that is traditionally feminine.

His parents haven't pushed anything on him. They aren't going to do anything drastic to him. But this isn't a phase, either. He's not doing it to get attention and they aren't giving him extra attention for it. They take no joy in it because they know how hard it will be on him, but they love him and aren't forcing him to act in ways that he isn't comfortable with either.

This becomes a political football for a lot of people, but there are people whose lives are affected by this. I'm not interested in politicizing their situation.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
"Gender dysphoria" is often the transition that occurs in puberty to a mature sexual orientation, usually aligning with sex at birth. The left loves to stir pots unnecessarily. They are against the orderly biological march from same-sex play to heterosexual relationships that occurs over the long span of puberty. Puberty is necessarily confusing to children because they are experiencing a profound change that they weren't expecting.

Why make it harder for them than it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies