Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Their parents all fled sh******* to give their pompous, commie offspring the chance to destroy Anerica.

Sorry, it's the truth.
AOC had a Puerto Rican father. Puerto Rico is U.S. Territory making him a citizen. AOC would have citizenship even if we stopped the 14th amendment...

Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Literally attack, like beat them? Do you have to say " I am beating you because of your race" for it to count?
And you said you were going to be serious, and this garbage is what you offer up as serious debate. Dismiss yourself as irrelevant.

One can verbally attack another person for legitimate reasons, which is EXACTLY what President Trump did to those America-haters.

You can't just assume any attack, verbal, written or even physical, is based on race just because the person on the receiving end is of a different race, which is what you, by all appearances, advocate.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
AOC had a Puerto Rican father. Puerto Rico is U.S. Territory making him a citizen. AOC would have citizenship even if we stopped the 14th amendment...
Who cares? It is abou what she says and advocate that renders her a traitor.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,815,512 times
To me, it is almost as if Trump and “The Squad” were in this together. Nothing but kayfabe. Cui bono?
Also, who really wants the foursome re-elected in 2020 - Pelosi or Trump?

Old 07-18-2019, 09:23 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Actually, you aren't interested in anything of the sort.

You and other leftists have already determined that people who disagree with you are racists. That's been the case for decades.

But since you want an example: If Trump was caught on tape firing someone and calling him or her a "lazy *igger," that would be an example of actual racism.
I am genuinely interested. I mean, it's awesome that you can read my mind (what am I having for breakfast?) but I really am genuinely interested.

Because I think the reason this is such a point of contention is that people have widely different definitions of "racism".

Your example is firing someone, while calling them a racial slur to their face.

Let's examine this. Would calling someone a slur in general be racist, or does it need to include the element of exerting power over them?

Would firing a person of color be racist, as long as the slur wasn't used to their face in the course of firing.

Is it possible for a person who privately thinks something like "lazy n-word" to treat employees of color without bias?

I'm asking genuinely. These are questions to ponder.

People get angry when they are called racist - maybe because they define it differently than the person doing the calling. It's worth examining what racism means to different people.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it Would seem we no longer have a 2 party system only racists and the democratic party
That's a 1 party system comprised of the racist democrats, a party formed solely for the purpose of perpetuating slavery, who fought tooth-and-nail to oppose integration etc.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:24 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
And you said you were going to be serious, and this garbage is what you offer up as serious debate. Dismiss yourself as irrelevant.

One can verbally attack another person for legitimate reasons, which is EXACTLY what President Trump did to those America-haters.

You can't just assume any attack, verbal, written or even physical, is based on race just because the person on the receiving end is of a different race, which is what you, by all appearances, advocate.
I was genuinely asking for clarification.

"Attack" is subjective, when used in the verbal sense What one person considers an 'attack' someone else might consider a "comment".

Old 07-18-2019, 09:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
I am genuinely interested. I mean, it's awesome that you can read my mind (what am I having for breakfast?) but I really am genuinely interested.

Because I think the reason this is such a point of contention is that people have widely different definitions of "racism".

Let's examine this. Would calling someone a slur in general be racist, or does it need to include the element of exerting power over them?

Would firing a person of color be racist, as long as the slur wasn't used to their face in the course of firing.

Is it possible for a person who privately thinks something like "lazy n-word" to treat employees of color without bias?

People get angry when they are called racist - maybe because they define it differently than the person doing the calling. It's worth examining what racism means to different people.
We do not discern the English language based on how we feel about it. Words have specific meanings, and should be used only in correlation to their appropriate definitions. People rewriting our language to suit their political arguments is exactly how we got here.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:

You need a tutor to bring you up to speed on these simple concepts. Until that happens, I suggest you absent yourself from this forum to avoid further self-humiliation.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:31 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,657,652 times
OMG! Did you guys see that Trump just said this:

Quote:
“If you see anybody from that squad in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

oh. my bad. that was what Maxine Waters actually said last year about Trump's administration. whoops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies