Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 02:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Exactly. And people need to stop paying $50K+ for these worthless degrees and these indoctrination mills. Aside from a handful of marketable majors, the vast majority of college majors are completely worthless in the job market. They are absolutely not worth a lifetime of debt.

True.

And even alumni are rethinking contributions. Aside from foundation bequests, which are soaring, support from alumni is declining. If they're smart (and they're not), college and university honchos would look at the laundry list of reasons why.

One alumnus, who removed his alma mater from his will, sniffed that they didn't need money from an old, white, male bigot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 03:05 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
True.

And even alumni are rethinking contributions. Aside from foundation bequests, which are soaring, support from alumni is declining. If they're smart (and they're not), college and university honchos would look at the laundry list of reasons why.

One alumnus, who removed his alma mater from his will, sniffed that they didn't need money from an old, white, male bigot.

Good! I'm sure when the higher education bubble REALLY pops the SJWs sitting in their ivory towers that run college campuses today will blame Trump and straight white males somehow. They will never admit their SJW agenda lunacy contributed to the downfall.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:39 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,468,414 times
From the guide...

"The Americas encompass a lot more than the United States. There is South America, Central America, Mexico,
Canada, and the Caribbean just to name a few of 42 countries in total. That's why the word "americano" in Spanish can refer to anything on the American continent. Yet, when we talk about "Americans" in the United States, we're usually just referring
to people from the United States. This erases other cultures and depicts the United States as the dominant American country"

As an American, I feel offended and believe my culture has been diminished by this statement. You shall not erase us! Not only is the bolded part true, we were also the first modern, independent nation in the "New World" so we have first dibs, and we included the name in our official name. Are we to start referring to ourselves as United Statians and all things American as United Statian? LULZ. GTFO of here! THe person who wrote that needs some sense slapped into them.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:40 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
How about Amerikanistan?

Old 07-22-2019, 05:19 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about Amerikanistan?
I drive American muscle, Amerikanistan muscle just don't sound right.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:13 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
From the guide...

"The Americas encompass a lot more than the United States. There is South America, Central America, Mexico,
Canada, and the Caribbean just to name a few of 42 countries in total. That's why the word "americano" in Spanish can refer to anything on the American continent. Yet, when we talk about "Americans" in the United States, we're usually just referring
to people from the United States. This erases other cultures and depicts the United States as the dominant American country"

As an American, I feel offended and believe my culture has been diminished by this statement. You shall not erase us! Not only is the bolded part true, we were also the first modern, independent nation in the "New World" so we have first dibs, and we included the name in our official name. Are we to start referring to ourselves as United Statians and all things American as United Statian? LULZ. GTFO of here! THe person who wrote that needs some sense slapped into them.
You being offended I sympathize with whereas the university snowflakes I laugh at!

Old 07-23-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I drive American muscle, Amerikanistan muscle just don't sound right.
Don't worry. It won't matter. The Left will outlaw gasoline powered cars in the not too distant future. Your muscle car will be a museum piece, or on the scrap heap bought under a mandatory government program similar to Obama's "Cash for Clunkers".

Old 07-23-2019, 05:53 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't worry. It won't matter. The Left will outlaw gasoline powered cars in the not too distant future. Your muscle car will be a museum piece, or on the scrap heap bought under a mandatory government program similar to Obama's "Cash for Clunkers".
I'll have no problem with that, as long as the price is right. I've always had American muscle cars, and they probably will be collectors in the future. So, I'll sell one to the museum, and the next to the highest bidder.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'll have no problem with that, as long as the price is right. I've always had American muscle cars, and they probably will be collectors in the future. So, I'll sell one to the museum, and the next to the highest bidder.
Nice, so give away your freedoms, and liberties for a few bucks. I hope others don't have that same attitude.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Eenie meanie minie moe is also offensive if you catch a tiger by the toe. Endangered species. Very insensitive.
We used to sing this as children. I learned as an adult the origin of this rhyme. Tiger is supplements the 'n' word which was in the original rhyme. One hopes this explains why it is insensitive but in today's political climate--who knows...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies