Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 09:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1
I blame the cop for his over the top response, yes. Pulling a gun out and pointing it at someone should be done as the very last resort if a risk is present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The security guard pulled out the gun, not the cop. Watch the video.
I don't need to rewatch it - I typed that in error. I blame the security guard for his over the top response.

Thanks for the catch.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:36 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Such a try-hard. It’s amusing though.

The Washington Post, Yahoo, Independent etc ALL have the same headline, which I used. Now all of a sudden those sources are the same as breitbart simply because you don’t like the title. LOL.

The only person whining is you. And I have to laugh at your “white guilt” comment. I’m not white. You should do yourself a favor and have a universe of seats.
Yeah, I laughed at that, too, but it wasn't PCALMike who posted that - it was Folkguitarist555.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
The security guard pulled out the gun, not the cop. Watch the video.
If I was somewhere that I was not allowed to take a gun and the police officer told me to leave but I said I wouldn't, he would have pulled his gun on me.

He got treated just as he would have treated anyone else.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:34 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, I laughed at that, too, but it wasn't PCALMike who posted that - it was Folkguitarist555.
Oh oops! Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If I was somewhere that I was not allowed to take a gun and the police officer told me to leave but I said I wouldn't, he would have pulled his gun on me.

He got treated just as he would have treated anyone else.
That would be appropriate because you said you wouldn’t. This deputy sheriff said he couldn’t disarm and left. There was no need to follow him with the gun to his back and then try to prevent him to leave

Old 07-20-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So you of course admit you would never post a thread where the roles and races were flipped. You would rightfully say it is bigoted race baiting. The headline is exactly the same no matter which paper writes it. Racial tribalism which you like when the roles are what you prefer and riling people up about it.

I never wrote a comment about your white guilt. You're mixing me up with someone else. Not surprising.
Lolol...whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
That would be appropriate because you said you wouldn’t. This deputy sheriff said he couldn’t disarm and left. There was no need to follow him with the gun to his back and then try to prevent him to leave
I don't know what all happened. Like I said, not a fan of rental security in this situation. Did the officer cause an issue?

Old 07-20-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If I get a speeding ticket it stays on my driving record, and insurance, for 3 years....even though I have not speed and yet get penalized and treated as a speeder after the fact. If I defaulted on a loan, had late payments, had an eviction.....I don't get the benefit of the doubt long after I have cleaned up my act. Yet, 300 plus years of documented proven racist actions and laws against blacks......blacks are expected to give whites a 750 credit score when it comes to racial issues. It's nonsensical, after 350 years of racism, for blacks to think such acts could be.....motivated/influenced by race. Had it happened to any other race.....they would clearly behave differently.

I also love how so many white people know that the actions of another white person, who they never met, is not racism. They don't do identity politics, of course, but they can identify with the white person enough to know that there is not a racist bone in their body. They can vouch for the accused, of course, by arguing how they are not racist and therefore....that means others are not either. Maybe they are not vouching for the white guy as much as they just don't trust black people and their character.....meaning that the black person MUST have done something to deserve that treatment and hence need the WHOLE STORY.
Isn’t that something? Well said.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know what all happened. Like I said, not a fan of rental security in this situation. Did the officer cause an issue?
It doesn’t appear so. That hasn’t been offered in the defense of the security guard. Certainly someone else there would have offered that information if it were the case.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
So the officer falsely plays the race card in hopes of getting sympathy. What a piece of garbage. Now he knows exactly how the public feels when cops pull the same thing on others.
I wish I was in court when the security guard gets dressed down. He deserves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies