Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You could mind your own business when it comes to the food on other people's plates. That is not potentially offensive, discriminatory, racist, or sexist.
Now this is hilarious. It's Leftists that want to control what people eat citing obesity. How about those nuts mind their business???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 08:05 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
My wife says that I am a "finisher", meaning once my plate is empty I am usually full. Instead of using a full size dinner plate, my meals are served on a desert plate. It appears that I have a full plate of food and am satisfied when done.
I am as well.

For a few years, while I was growing up, my mother said "people are starving in Biafra. Finish your dinner".

Old 07-23-2019, 08:11 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
I am relatively liberal but I actually saw the humor. I've known women- and men- who have joked about keeping old jeans in the closet or have a favorite pair they want to fit. I do not see how putting three rings on plate is any different from the type of innocuous conversations folks have everyday.

Let's hope no one is present when a woman makes a joke about the purposes for different bras... Or busts out a phrase like '<blank> me high heels' that one of my friends once jokingly- or seriously- used to explain spiked heels.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I am as well.

For a few years, while I was growing up, my mother said "people are starving in Biafra. Finish your dinner".
mine would cajole me to finish mine by reminding me there were people starving in china. my response was to implore her to box it up and send it to them.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
This seems normal to me. The difference between retail now and before the internet is complaints are made in the open, that’s it. Companies would pull products for all kinds of complaints but no one knew the reasons are why.

Now it’s more open and people are just now realizing businesses don’t like negative product reviews? The complaints seem deafening and out of no where but it’s no different than the crazy letters my supervisor would get from customers when I was in retail. Anyone who has ever managed a retail store will tell you complaints are constant and not very nicely delivered and seem off the wall at times but, customer is always right, Right? This is the same just open for others to see.

We used to just throw in a free this or that in to shut people up (electronic store). Amazing how many complaints are resolved with a 5 dollar free phone case or cord for a computer.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:15 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
This seems normal to me. The difference between retail now and before the internet is complaints are made in the open, that’s it. Companies would pull products for all kinds of complaints but no one knew the reasons are why.

Now it’s more open and people are just now realizing businesses don’t like negative product reviews? The complaints seem deafening and out of no where but it’s no different than the crazy letters my supervisor would get from customers when I was in retail. Anyone who has ever managed a retail store will tell you complaints are constant and not very nicely delivered. This is the same just open for others to see.
It's impossible to address every stupid complaint. It's stupid that companies try to. Who cares if they lose those types of customers, they aren't worth the time of day.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I understand the attempted humor.

What I don't understand is the connection of mom jeans with giant portions of food.
I guess it has something to do with 'mom jeans' not really being 'stylish/cool', and that moms have basically let themselves go, in order to be comfortable.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:20 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's impossible to address every stupid complaint. It's stupid that companies try to. Who cares if they lose those types of customers, they aren't worth the time of day.
Please, a retail manager would fire you on the spot for saying that. Heck that manager may be fired for hiring an employee who feels like that. When your the employee, the employer owns everything about you when your working. From your fake smile to your fake acceptance of stupid customers.

Never be the employee if you can.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:24 AM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
PS - Macy's just lost my business because they acquiesced to woke culture. I freaking hate when people give in to tantrums, real or virtual.

(reference to the thread about "would you boycott")

Old 07-23-2019, 08:26 AM

11,145 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Please, a retail manager would fire you on the spot for saying that. Heck that manager may be fired for hiring an employee who feels like that. When your the employee, the employer owns everything about you when your working. From your fake smile to your fake acceptance of stupid customers.

Never be the employee if you can.
In the corporate world, you are correct. Most individually owned retailers have less tolerance for stupidity on the part of customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies