Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The tweet, by Innovation Nation's Allie Ward, took issue with the Pourtions line of portion control plates, indicating portions appropriate for mom jeans, skinny jeans, and favorite jeans.

In her tweet, she wanted the plates banned, in all 50 states. She thinks they promote "body shaming."

Some people have no sense of humor:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp
Liberal mind control freaks don't want people to decide on their own what they want !!!

Limit their choices and go after any product for any reason b/c they find it in some way offensive !!!

Nothing is safe that gets their stink eye activated !!!

If they can do this for 100 years,
it will set back humanity 20,000 years and we will all be naked, living in caves !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 08:29 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
This seems normal to me. The difference between retail now and before the internet is complaints are made in the open, that’s it. Companies would pull products for all kinds of complaints but no one knew the reasons are why.

Now it’s more open and people are just now realizing businesses don’t like negative product reviews? The complaints seem deafening and out of no where but it’s no different than the crazy letters my supervisor would get from customers when I was in retail. Anyone who has ever managed a retail store will tell you complaints are constant and not very nicely delivered and seem off the wall at times but, customer is always right, Right? This is the same just open for others to see.

We used to just throw in a free this or that in to shut people up (electronic store). Amazing how many complaints are resolved with a 5 dollar free phone case or cord for a computer.
I think its disgusting that 1 brain dead moron gets to decide for the rest of us what we can and cant have- that this selfish moron doesnt give a damn if alot of people liked it--nope, that jerk told us our wishes and choices dont matter because THEY think they know whats best for us..insanity

Last edited by ELOrocks17; 07-23-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 07-23-2019, 08:31 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I guess it has something to do with 'mom jeans' not really being 'stylish/cool', and that moms have basically let themselves go, in order to be comfortable.
I don't get it. Mom jeans are just high waisted jeans and have actually made a comback among physically fit young women.

source: https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/how-mo...hant-comeback/

Old 07-23-2019, 08:45 AM

78,450 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You could mind your own business when it comes to the food on other people's plates. That is not potentially offensive, discriminatory, racist, or sexist.
Your first sentence I didn't even understand, we're talking about what a private company decides to label their various food product sizes. I want you to fully appreciate that I do not care what is on your plate or if you even wake up tomorrow anonymous internet poster so rest assured that is not the case nor even what I wrote in my post.

Your second sentence, just not following where you're going.

The whole thing is hard to follow what you're even trying to communicate.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:46 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Obama looked very effeminate in his "Mom Jeans", riding a girls bike, throwing a baseball, etc. That's all. I never thought any of that stuff was a big deal. His policies, however.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 AM

78,450 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Nobody has offered up a non-offensive product listing for these meals yet.

Maybe we just call them "Food Nutriment 8oz.", "Food Nutriment 12oz." and so forth?

Oh wait, ounces is a partriarchial term from eras when white men held all the power and were generally awful. Therefore, it is an offense term.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:52 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
I thought they were actually useful and promote portion control. But one person of course ruins everything.

What makes these people so entitled? Perhaps I didn't like the tweeters fake red hair because one time in high school, a redhead picked on me. So...let's ban redheads?

It sounds stupid because it is very stupid. Get offended by eveerything

Old 07-23-2019, 08:54 AM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Let’s pretend that how much you weigh does not depend on how much you eat.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 AM

11,145 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sure, let's celebrate eating disorders! Hooray!

Good for Macy's. Eating disorders are not funny. Not only do these plates engage in body shaming for those wearing "mom jeans", but also perpetuate the shame often felt by people with anorexia/bulimia who might think the "skinny jeans" circle is too much food.
Wow. There are 10,000 diet companies out there advertising on a regular basis and you’re getting bent over Macy’s selling plates? I’ll say this for you; you put a lot of effort into getting offended.

More than a third of Americans are obese. We need to engage in some constructive body shaming. This whole idea of it being “offensive” to encourage people to lose weight and/or watch what they eat is absolutely ridiculous. Walking up to someone and calling them a fat slob is offensive. Selling a product that encourages people to eat healthier portions is not. Get a freaking grip.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:59 AM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Let’s pretend that how much you weigh does not depend on how much you eat.
Well, body-positive/fat-shaming/thin-privilege/anti-diet doesn't care about what causes fatness, because you shouldn't even care how much anyone weighs period, the end.

If a person is morbidly obese, has onset diabetes and a ton of other health problems...that's up to them and we should encourage their lifestyle no matter what. Acceptance, encouragement and love...while you hand the 500 pound person another pizza with some sugary carbonated goodness to wash it down.

You no longer get to have your science-y opinion on caloric deficit or surplus, medical issues related to weight, etc. You shut your thin-privilege mouth and avert your gaze, you fascist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies