Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:18 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Well, whatever they may decide, I know we'll agree that it will be a welcome change from this:
Being a gay man, I couldn't agree with you more.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Sooo do you think the performers at this parade will be strutting around naked, or dressed in bondage gear, or simulating sex acts in streets, like the freak-show parades have?

Old 07-25-2019, 10:24 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Being straight is a hate crime in 2019.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:28 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
I'm cool if straight white men want to march for their own pride as long as it's legal, peaceful, and they don't block a highway/road.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:39 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

You want a parade for one, then you need to be open to parades for all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...151208286.html
Trumpers certainly seem to enjoy making fools of themselves these days. From your link:

Quote:
"There's essentially a war between two opposing religions. One is Christianity, and the other is satanism and humanism," Don Grundmann, head of the National Straight Pride Coalition, told USA TODAY...

Describing a "broad cultural attack" on white people, traditional gender roles and "western civilization," Grundmann said "straight pride" as opposed to LGBTQ pride serves a summation of those opposing religious view points.
So, it's actually a religious pride parade? Can Episcopalians come, as well? (not that I'd want to)

You folks have learned to play the victim card just like your sorry whiner of a president does. I don't respect tRump for his constant cry baby routine and I don't respect the folks who attempt to imitate him.

"I am so oppressed because I am a white Christian male. I need to have a parade so I can get in my car and kill some liberals because that's what me and my oppressed fellow Christians need to do to protect Western Civilization."

Seriously?

Grow up and quit boxing at shadows and marching with tiki torches.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:57 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Being straight is a hate crime in 2019.
Really? In this society, if you aren't white, heterosexual, and fundamentalist Christian you almost aren't even human. If you think that, you need to get out of San Francisco and move somewhere like Oklahoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

"I am so oppressed because I am a white Christian male. I need to have a parade so I can get in my car and kill some liberals because that's what me and my oppressed fellow Christians need to do to protect Western Civilization."
That's pretty much where we are in America today. Since Christians aren't allowed to round up and execute gay people they consider themselves oppressed.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:14 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
I hope at least, these folks are just ignorant of what pride is celebrating. Anniversary of riots and rebellion for their right to merely exist without being arrested and surveilled by the government. When have straights had to deal with that just because of their orientation?

Old 07-25-2019, 11:31 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I would love to see who march in those parades. I bet most straight people don't feel the need to. Gay people do it to show that they are not afraid of who they are and a feeling of belonging to a group of people feeling the same way. But the majority of the planet are straight so I don't see the point. It's not like anybody really care that you show them you are straight...lol. So stupid.
Quote:
My thing is...if it makes people happy, let them do it. If gay people, straight people, white people, black people, Christians,... if it makes them happy to have a parade...let them!
LOL I agree with both of your posts.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:13 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
My thing is...if it makes people happy, let them do it. If gay people, straight people, white people, black people, Christians,... if it makes them happy to have a parade...let them!
Exactly as long as they can fund their parades at no cost to the city or taxpayers. Gay pride parades depend on corporate sponsorship. So far that is not looking good for the straight pride parade planning in Boston.

15 of the 25 'prospective corporate sponsors' of the Straight Pride parade are joining Netflix in refusing involvement, and some are threatening legal action

https://www.businessinsider.com/stra...support-2019-7

Old 07-26-2019, 05:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So, do you have to give parade permits to racists/white supremacists? That's the question these city officials have to decide.
Not that I condone this ridiculousness but yes, you have to give them permits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies