Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 07:35 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

You'all can have the place. People forget manners in places like this. I'm not going to spend good money to stand in line for hours to be around crowds like they have. I'd rather head to the dentist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 10:53 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
We hadn't gone in decades until a few years ago. If you plan, you avoid spending time in lines. It is much better now than it used to be.

At Universal we paid extra for a VIP pass, and as cheap as I am? WELL worth the money.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-30-2019, 07:23 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pointless rant.
Then why did you share it?

Old 07-30-2019, 07:28 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
A rant from a disgruntled mother that insists childless couples should be banned from Disney World – and presumably Disneyland – has been reignited on Twitter, sparking more than 15,000 shares.

The original post on Facebook came in 2018, then picked up by Reddit. But it was recently tweeted and revived, as it pits parents against the rest of the world during the height of the tourist season at the so-called Happiest Place(s) on Earth.
Sounds like the vile rantings of a trumpy, bah you will have no fun!! hate childless people!!!

Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Pointless rant. Many people without kids go to these parks, even, gasp, single people without kids.
https://deadline.com/2019/07/disney-...le-1202655295/
Ok, well first, the 'mother' sounds extremely unhinged--like being a mother is a little bit too much for her.

Second, how would anyone know if people had kids or not?

If it is this just to get into the park, anyone can rent or borrow a kid to go in the gate.

This is the one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. There are a lot of unbalanced people walking around out there.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:34 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you typically have to wait 3 hours for a pretzel, Disney Land has management problems.

I would be irritated too, if I spent the gobs of money it costs to get there, and had to spend significant time waiting for food.

Personally, I can't imagine why anyone goes there to begin with. Just the thought gives me a boredom headache.

And yes, I know a couple in their 50's that goes every year, for a week, without kids. And when the kids were young, they'd leave them with grandma and grandpa and go by themselves. And that wasn't the weirdest thing about her.
My wife and I go twice a year, usually by ourselves. It’s much more fun without kids. We can enjoy the signature restaurants, stay out late, shop till you drop, ride anything we want, all with no complaining.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:36 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You'all can have the place. People forget manners in places like this. I'm not going to spend good money to stand in line for hours to be around crowds like they have. I'd rather head to the dentist.
If you stand in line more than about 45 minutes, you’re doing it wrong.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:40 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Disneyland is for anyone who wants to pay the price and go.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
As someone that is a millennial who goes to Disneyland or Disney World every year, why can't I be into going to a Disney park? I mean Walt wanted it to be intended for families, but that doesn't mean it is the only market. This woman needs to grow up. Epcot is predominantly for adults as it exists right now. Until we saw Toy Story Land added to Disney Hollywood Studios, I'd argue it wasn't a kids park. Animal Kingdom is in between.

I never wanted to actually read the various articles because it is just garbage. Pure garbage. Some person makes a stink on the internet and they cause a death-com-5 threat. I have better things to do with my time.

But I finally read it and it is stupid. So some girl wearing some dress you don't like (mind you in Florida it is hot) got a pretzle and your child wanted one but because lines were long you didn't want to get it for them. GTFU. This is entitled thinking and shows how far down as a society as we are today.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:16 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Pointless rant. Many people without kids go to these parks, even, gasp, single people without kids.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/disney-...le-1202655295/
Has Disney sorted out the alligator issues it had in Orlando.

As I think there is more to rant about in terms of alligators than waiting in a queue with people without children.

Disney knew its property had alligators. It caught hundreds before a boy was killed - The Washington Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies