Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 12:11 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
funny....liberals doing all kinds of contortions and back flips....to keep from admitting Trump is right

Cummings has represented that district for over 20 years...and it's still a rat infested black ghetto...with a astronomical crime rate..getting worse every year

Cummings slamming the conditions at the border...hasn't done one damn thing for the people he represents

Trump calls him out on "glass houses".....and he deserved it big time

the only way it could be racist...is if it attacked black culture
..libs must think rat infested black ghettos...are black culture

Trump is 100% right.....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA......
Cummings is the living, breathing, useless AF Clay Davis character from “The Wire”. Decades ... DECADES in office and he’s never got a damn thing done. Baltimore politics seem to MANDATE dysfunction and dishonor. It’s a long-standing tradition there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 12:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Hasn't happened yet. But the way the Democrat fanatics are going, it's just a matter of time.

After all, a crack in the sidewalk lets light in to the depths of the concrete, which is beneficial to the soil below and the creatures living in it. But when President Trump stepped on that crack, he cut off that light to them.

Since Democrats have been unable to find a record of white creatures living at the bottom of such a crack, Trump's step clearly affects COCs ("Creatures Of Color") more than light-skinned creatures. Therefore his step was clearly an act of racism, and Democrat fanatics will routinely line up to condemn him for this latest outrage and demand his impeachment.

Any time now.....
Very few people get up in the morning and say to themselves, "hey, I think I'll start a thread about a totally false supposition about Donald Trump being accused of racism by democrats for stepping on a sidewalk crack. I know it's a stretch too far but what the hay, My dear leader Trump does the same thing every day with twitter, so why not me?" When a democrat pushes back, Just like Trump, I'll double down on them with personal attacks. Nothing like adding to the general chaos on P&OC.?

"Ohhhhhhh Look! A democratic racist sidewalk crack and Trump stepped on it." "Not really but could happen in the alt right universe. If I post it on P&OC, by noon it will be a fact in every alt right Blog. Maybe even Trump will repost it and I'll be chosen to sit behind him at his next Nuremburg Rally in a red state."

My only question to you, Roboteer is, Are you completely, totally, enveloped with senses of ennui and despair or are you just bat crap crazy?

Old 07-28-2019, 12:13 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Has Trump called a town in Appalachia a "dump"? Have we all missed that? That's one of his strong voting bases, so no, no matter how dumpy and meth riddled it is, I don't believe he's called them a "dump".

And a follow up question, has another sitting president ever - ever - called an American city "a dump"?
Name any place in Appalachia that is a dump and is a city and has a Democrat trying to impeach him for no reason at all. Name any well-known, multi-termed Congressman from Appalachia. The point is, if I say Baltimore is a dump, everyone who hears me say it, knows what I mean. It I say Boogeyville (a made up town name, population 1,234) there isn't a soul who would pay attention except maybe the people in Boogeyville who aren't children.

When I lived in Maryland (not Baltimore) for 12 years (1995 - 2007) Baltimore was a dump. I used to call it Pothole City because the potholes were like moon craters and there were many of them. The movie Ladder 49 was filmed in Baltimore (this was when Martin O'Malley was the mayor and that little short lady whose name escapes me right now was a long-time Senator from Baltimore) so I decided one day (right before St Patrick's Day) to take some photos of the outside of the firehouse where it was being filmed. I also decided to take a cab, not my car, from the hotel where I was staying overnight so I could photograph the actors in the parade the next day. The firehouse was about a half block in from a main road. The cab driver (who was black) told me not to go past the firehouse and when I was done, to walk back to the main road and call him from there to come and pick me up because it was too dangerous to wait for him in that neighborhood and he wasn't going to drive in there to get me. I also recall that Baltimore set some kind of record one New Year's Day for the most murders after midnight in X amount of time. I don't know if it was a Baltimore record it broke or a US Cities record it broke. I don't know anything about rats. (The cab drivers are nice.)

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Its been a great week for Trump and the USA. Lefties are having one of their worst. This is simply lefty throwing a wing ding.
Critiquing this President doesn’t make someone ‘a lefty’.

2,324 posts, read 2,907,374 times
Everything is racist except their racist Virginia governor

Old 07-28-2019, 12:15 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The Kushner are in the gentrification business. I have seen it in several areas in NJ. They buy properties in bad areas for cheap, and then they fix them up and make a profit. Probably what they are trying to do here.

That is a basic concept of capitalism that is so lost on so many Dems that believe that buying low and selling high is some type of sin. They only view the money that is made at the end with no thought to the carrying costs, the cost of labor/construction and all manner of fees.

Trump is in the business of taking derelict properties in bad sections of town and turning them into something that improves the entire neighborhood and somehow he is a racist monster for doing it.

If only these ridiculous Dems that are trashing America as a whole and championing for the Rights of illegal aliens while turning their backs on their constituents would only return to their districts to help the good people there we would all be better off.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:15 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,277 times
Who gives a rats ass what the democrats think as long as we know they have an agenda to elect any person other than Trump.....They are unimportant except in the eyes of the bias media,,,who also are now unimportant.......

Old 07-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What does the murder rate falling "in some cities" have to do with the increasing rate in Baltimore (DC too, for that matter)?

Johns Hopkins this year was authorized by the State Legislature to form its own campus police department because crime has increased on campus and the surrounding area so much BPD can't keep up.

The Harbor is nice. Unfortunately it's now experiencing crime issues. Tourists with money and wayward youth aren't mixing well.

Baltimore also pioneered the use of CCTV to monitor behaviors and coupled that with facial recognition software.

Almost like being in London.
The murder rate in Baltimore was in decline last time I checked.

Baltimore, like other U.S. cities, sees declines in homicides in 2018 - Baltimore Sun

Old 07-28-2019, 12:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Critiquing this President doesn’t make someone ‘a lefty’.
Of course it doesn't but I do remember when critiquing the president of color the left thought it made them a racist.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:22 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
My sister isn't "telling me" anything, I know because I visit there regularly. I have no problem walking around that neighborhood at night. After reading what you've wrote, I call into question your statements. In fact, I don't believe them, cause what you are describing is not what I KNOW to be true in my sisters neighborhood.
If you don't live here, you don't know what you're talking about.

You've been lucky when visiting. I'd suggest being more careful, because with the attitude you've displayed you're probably the next victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies