Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 03:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Poor Donald. He's so angry and insecure.

Spoiled little rich boy who has never worked hard a day in his life. His fragile ego can't stand being criticized for anything, so he lashes out and insults anybody who disagrees with him. Much like a child.
Like what you just did in your post. Childish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 03:17 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Default "Rat Film" Baltimore's rat problem..1 hour PBS documentary...tonight

kidding...it was FEB 26, 2018

Staring....Elijah Eugene Cummings as the Pied Piper

'Rat Film' documentary about Baltimore's rodent fight to air on PBS tonight

“Rat Film,” a documentary that takes the decades-long fight waged against Baltimore’s rat population and uses it as a lens through which to look at how the city has addressed myriad social issues over the decades, airs tonight on PBS.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...226-story.html

=========================

NOV 09, 2016
Trump's right: Declare Baltimore a 'disaster' and rebuild it

Donald J. Trump is known for his hyperbole, but not all of his ideas are a stretch. Our inner cities are a "disaster," as he said in the final presidential debate — and they should be officially declared so.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion...109-story.html

Old 07-28-2019, 03:18 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
I love me some Trump.....keeps giving it to them and they can’t take it!! LANDSLIDE2020

Old 07-28-2019, 03:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Why are illegal immigrants a bigger issue several thousand miles from the border? Baltimore’s issues are decades old, and trying to connect it to illegals is a pretty weak play. If someone wanted to play a race card, it would land better blaming the blacks who have been in Baltimore far longer.

But the thing is, the moms, parents, etc. would rather have been out of the violence entirely. Baltimore cops have policed the same crimes in the same places for decades.

I don’t see the border connection.
Cummins hold a chairman seat on a committee. That's why.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:19 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb TRUMPS labels CUMMINGS a racist!

Yeah, well...

That's what racists do. And others just go along for the ride.

"We're not really racists, BUT..."

Old 07-28-2019, 03:21 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah, well...

That's what racists do. And others just go along for the ride.

"We're not really racists, BUT..."

Yes, and glad you could prove that you and cummings are racist.....

You did not even realize it, congrats...

Old 07-28-2019, 03:22 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it’s pretty sad, actually. back in the day, both detroit and baltimore were world-class cities.
It is sad.

I am a Marylander, born and raised, lived there almost 40 years, and the last home I owned was outside of Baltimore in the suburbs of Anne Arundel County.

Baltimore IS a disgusting dump. "Charm City" lost it's charm decades ago. Even the Inner Harbor, the one area that they always want to point to with such pride, has become dangerous. Innocent tourists have been attacked there recently.

You don't have to go too far back from the Inner Harbor tourist area to be in what Bernie Sanders compared four years ago to a Third World County. It's disgusting, filthy, and blighted. To deny that is downright dishonest.

I had training in Baltimore City once for a financial institution I was working for, for two weeks. We were told in training that it would be best to bring our own lunches and not venture out into the surrounding city area at lunchtime because it was dangerous. Even in the middle of the day. That was almost 30 years ago.

There was a movement in the 1980's to revitalize the more "character" filled areas of the city. I had a co-worker and friend that purchased and was trying to remodel a section of the old row homes that used to have such charm. He gave up on it, sold it for cheap. got the heck out.

I don't agree or like a lot of Trumps tweets. But there was nothing racist about this one, much of what he is saying is correct. We're not used to directness from a President.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:22 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
How does Donald Trump making inappropriate comments about men and women of color in Congress help Make America Great Again?

What is Donald Trump's motive when he insults all these brown and black lawkamakers? Do his comments help unite America?
What did Trump say about people of color? Did he mention brown and black people?

Old 07-28-2019, 03:24 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,129 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I would be happy to answer your questions as an Indepedent who voted for Trump and grew up in NYC.

1. No I don't care that "some" black people are offended. I don't know what percentage of their populace is offended. You can always find someone who is offended at anything.

2. As an independent I personally don't care about the black vote. However as a NYC resident for years I can tell you native blacks never vote Republican in significant numbers and probably never will. This is despite the Democrats taking them for granted while bending over backwards to get the Hispanic vote. Even to the point of pushing for citizenship for illegals which would put further pressure on working class blacks. Immigrant blacks that open businesses do vote Republican in higher numbers.

Black unemployment is at record lows under this administration. Seems like something is going right. Democrats are trying empty promises of handouts like reperations. More promises that Don't come through that keep native born blacks tied to the party. Like a kid waiting for a present on Christmas that never comes.
Trump hasn’t pushed “Black unemployment” down. He’s riding the gravy train. The unemployment rate was already headed in that direction and trending to be lower as Obama left. Most of us Blacks realize that. What about wage growth in urban America? Conservative media will reiterate whatever possible over and over again to think Blacks are foolish enough to hear some generic unemployment stat which is on a macro level and nationwide trend. Rather than dive into the specifics. What has Donald J Trump done for black education or HBCU’s? What Black neighborhoods in urban America has his administration helped to revitalize and bring in high wage jobs specifically?

Old 07-28-2019, 03:24 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Being everything is racist these days, a word that used to actually mean something, no longer does. Dims are to blame for this......of corse. TRUMP2020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies