Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 04:18 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I never expected our nation, a nation built on immigrants from other countries, would separate children from families and put them in cages to deal with a massive humanitarian crisis south of the border. If that can happen, then anything is possible.
Traditionally, America has always been the place that displaced, oppressed refugees always flee to when they live south of the border. Historically it has always been so, since our formation.
If we don't want to accept them any more, then change the law, don't just suddenly, arbitrarily separate families and pack them into cages built for 100 that are now crammed with 500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Where did I ever say the government was evil? Or even imply that?
Why would I ever want any of my numerous collection of firearms turned over to the government. HKs, MP5s, FN/FAL AKs and various historical WWII collector military weapons. All throughout this thread I have been saying exactly the opposite to that. That Democrats will always lose the debate when they try to take guns away. that ship has sailed and you can't put the 400 million gun genie back in the bottle.

What the hell are you smoking? Read the posts before you make a fool of yourself and try to keep up, please.

Also, to answer the statement of leaving NYC,......all throughout our history we have been a nation ruled by laws. Every law we've ever passed has been broken by someone. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't pass any laws, so that bird don't fly, IMO.

With insurance, everyone can still own any gun of their choice they just may have to pay a little bit more for it if they are considered a higher risk than someone else, who doesn't think that a trigger lock is a imposition to their 2nd amendment rights or that a locking gun cabinet is an unconstitutional imposition.

I expected those folks who are 2nd amendment absolutists would hate my proposal because they realize right off the bat that it's the one thing congress could do that would stand legal challenge and any restrictions, no matter how reasonable they are, is considered anathema to them.
Okay. Post above. You didn't use the term "evil" exactlu, but you alluded to it.

You also admit in post above "anything is possible" wiyh our government (that obviously DOES include "evil").

So your logic is that we should all have our weapons registered with a government that is,capable of evil.

Nope. Over my dead body. This government has already made it clear with their blessing that it's okay to discriminate against people like me...so don't expect me to trust them more than I already dont.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Default Beto tells Trump not to visit El Paso : “he has no place here”

https://mobile.twitter.com/BetoORour...-place-here%2F

Yeah because a guy who is polling around 0% for his presidential run is going to stop him right?

Old 08-05-2019, 04:22 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Beto can go screw himself. He's got no right to say that to anyone.

That dummies days are numbered. I doubt he'll be around for the next round of debates.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:24 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Beto needs to go back to Mexico and campaign some more.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:24 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Beto is shamelessly trying to raise his place in the polls. I'm sure a part of him was happy this happened in El Paso. A true deplorable.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Idiots do idiotic things. And Beto personifies idiocy.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:26 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Pretty embarrassing for a grown adult to talk that way. I don’t like it when Trump does it, and it's twice as bad when members of “The Resistance” stoop to that level yet think they don’t carry the same stink.

Congratulations, Beto. You’ve shown us what a dickweed you really are.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:27 PM

10,461 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/BetoORour...-place-here%2F

Yeah because a guy who is polling around 0% for his presidential run is going to stop him right?
And this is why nobody likes the guy. He was on that podium crying about gun control before the bodies were even cold, and now he wants to act like some dictator. He really needs someone to smack him in the face in public and put him in his place.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Beto is not the boss of Trump - LOL. I doubt he's the boss of much of anything. Isn't he unemployed at the moment?

Old 08-05-2019, 04:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Okay. Post above. You didn't use the term "evil" exactlu, but you alluded to it.

You also admit in post above "anything is possible" wiyh our government (that obviously DOES include "evil").

So your logic is that we should all have our weapons registered with a government that is,capable of evil.

Nope. Over my dead body. This government has already made it clear with their blessing that it's okay to discriminate against people like me...so don't expect me to trust them more than I already dont.
That was a good catch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies