Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 08:51 AM

7,102 posts, read 6,003,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?
I know people who are privately racists, make racists jokes etc. Some of them are what you'd consider white people, and some you'd consider black. I don't consider either group to be inherently "racist" per say, just that they have more of a comfort level with those in their own race.

My redneck family most certainly had some "racism" in it due mostly to ignorance, but most of those viewpoints have changed over the years. Typically racism is equivalent to ignorance. You dislike what you don't know, and have no dealings with. It's a primal response to feel differently about something that looks different than you. That's why freak shows exist. Not because they are racists, but because we are shocked by something that is different than us.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:56 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,058,435 times
I answered no, as I was thinking in the line of what you see in the movie 'American History X' (organized members of a gang or group).

After further thought, I would say yes if the definition of white supremacist here is someone who openly believes (verbalizes) that whites are superior to other races.

It all depends on the definition.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:57 AM

10,537 posts, read 6,184,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
White supremacist, no.

Do I know white folks who believe white people should be the majority in this country? Absolutely. I think majority of the white people I know believe this way, and you know what? I understand why they feel this way and I don't have a problem with this kind of thinking. They treat me well and they treat everybody well, why should I view them as a problem?

You don't 'know' any white supremacists but you think white people should be the majority?

And everyone else you know thinks white people should be the majority?

Old 08-11-2019, 08:58 AM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
I answered no, as I was thinking in the line of what you see in the movie 'American History X' (organized members of a gang or group).

After further though,t I would say yes if the definition of white supremacist here is someone who openly believes (verbalizes) that whites are superior to other races.

It all depends on the definition.
Didn't you get the memo? If you want our border secured and want illegal aliens deported you are a white supremacist, racist according to the liberal left.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
No.

But I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:10 AM

15,893 posts, read 6,595,552 times
While they probably can be found just about everywhere, hate groups are somewhat geographically concentrated:

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

Curiously, there appears to be a slight correlation between the hate map at the link above and states that swung for Trump in 2016. I wonder if anybody has done a study? In our region, we usually hear about white supremacists being associated with Idaho.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:11 AM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You don't 'know' any white supremacists but you think white people should be the majority?

And everyone else you know thinks white people should be the majority?

Just like majority of the Japanese believe Japan should be dominated by Japanese people, Just like chinese people believe China should be dominated by Chinese people.

If you think this is racism, then I have no words for you. Yes, you are absolutely right, I have no problems /issues with this kind of thinking/thought.

Like I said, people with this kind of "thought" never treated me badly. They treat me and everybody else well, why should I have a problem with them?

Old 08-11-2019, 09:14 AM

732 posts, read 392,170 times
I vote 'every white man is a supremist' since I just assume that everyone thinks that folks that look like them have some slight edge up in some area. It's probably even true, both as individuals and as groups.

Just imagine a world where everyone has precisely the same abilities, how boring is that?

Dunno why this religion of universal equality of innate skills started up, it's getting tedious.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:15 AM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Just like majority of the Japanese believe Japan should be dominated by Japanese people, Just like chinese people believe China should be dominated by Chinese people.

If you think this is racism, then I have no words for you. Yes, you are absolutely right, I have no problems /issues with this kind of thinking/thought.

Like I said, people with this kind of "thought" never treated me badly. They treat me and everybody else well, why should I have a problem with them?
I so agree with you on this. There is nothing racist about wanting to retain your country's native demographics, culture and language by not being overwhelmed with foreigners especially those here illegally.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:16 AM

732 posts, read 392,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
While they probably can be found just about everywhere, hate groups are somewhat geographically concentrated:

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

Curiously, there appears to be a slight correlation between the hate map at the link above and states that swung for Trump in 2016. I wonder if anybody has done a study? In our region, we usually hear about white supremacists being associated with Idaho.
I'd say that the strongest concentration of hate group is to be found at 400 Washington Ave.
Montgomery, Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies