Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:33 PM

23,604 posts, read 17,290,733 times

Advertisements

if you like your guns, you can keep your guns!!!!

we don't want to take your guns...... you're just paranoid

As Obama's ethicist explained to Chris Wallace when asked about the what Obama meant when he said if you like your doctor.....PERIOD!" Emanuel said what oboama meant, was 'you can keep your doctor...... if you can afford to keep your doctor".

Be sure to vote for the alternative to Trump in 2020 if you want to be stripped of your 2nd A rights!

The tidal wave of anti gun candidates is upon us. Don't act stupidly Nov 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:37 PM

29,606 posts, read 14,742,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
if you like your guns, you can keep your guns!!!!

we don't want to take your guns...... you're just paranoid

As Obama's ethicist explained to Chris Wallace when asked about the what Obama meant when he said if you like your doctor.....PERIOD!" Emanuel said what oboama meant, was 'you can keep your doctor...... if you can afford to keep your doctor".

Be sure to vote for the alternative to Trump in 2020 if you want to be stripped of your 2nd A rights!

The tidal wave of anti gun candidates is upon us. Don't act stupidly Nov 2020.
The scary thing is Trump, whether he realizes it or not is going to pave the way for the 2A to go away if the Red Flag laws get pushed through. Still won't vote Dem...

Old 08-13-2019, 01:48 PM

3,870 posts, read 4,088,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Be careful with those red flag laws flying around....I mean , why would anyone in their right mind want 1500 rounds of ammo all at one time for ?!?!?
Because I can't afford 10,000 of them.......unfortunately.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM

5,666 posts, read 5,098,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Because I can't afford 10,000 of them.......unfortunately.
Learn to reload. Great way to pass the time.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:44 PM

6,267 posts, read 5,082,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I am mainly throwing this out there because I enjoy seeing 2A Above Everything Else folks go kinda crazy when someone has another opinion.

San Jose mayor proposes mandatory gun liability insurance
Your smug disdain for those who choose to exercise their 2A rights is duly noted.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:13 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,059,658 times
Quote:
Be careful with those red flag laws flying around....I mean , why would anyone in their right mind want 1500 rounds of ammo all at one time for ?!?!?

A and B.

A: If I am missing, I am expected to go to the range and practice, practice, practice. If I miss, hit an innocent bystander.....I go to jail.

B: At peak practice, it was 1000 rounds pistol a month and 400 rifle. Even on JROTC rifle team, the numbers ran 160-200 a week per shooter. Ammo is more uncertain than gasoline during a hurricane hence one buys as much as they can when they can. You never know when some change in the government regulations is going to dry up the supply.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:19 PM

78,626 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Quote:
Crying...here we go with the dramatics. Explain to me what good this will do for violence ? It is a pure money grab, and possibly targets those that might not be able to afford it. Since when do we have to pay for a Constitutional right ?
Maybe we could do that to voting to make sure that people are really informed? Just a minor amount, say...$20 cost to cover the operation of the election.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:23 PM

11,153 posts, read 10,733,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe we could do that to voting to make sure that people are really informed? Just a minor amount, say...$20 cost to cover the operation of the election.
Possibly off topic, but I’m actually kind of cranky that we got rid of the literacy requirement for voting.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:21 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
A and B.

A: If I am missing, I am expected to go to the range and practice, practice, practice. If I miss, hit an innocent bystander.....I go to jail.

B: At peak practice, it was 1000 rounds pistol a month and 400 rifle. Even on JROTC rifle team, the numbers ran 160-200 a week per shooter. Ammo is more uncertain than gasoline during a hurricane hence one buys as much as they can when they can. You never know when some change in the government regulations is going to dry up the supply.

Peak practice for me at the peak of my competition career was 1000 rounds a week with just handgun. I have noticed and learned early that being proficient with a handgun makes rifle shooting second nature. Most of my rifle shooting at the time mentioned was just to check sighting and proper function. My Dad use to say "rifle shooter can't shoot pistols. Pistol shooters can shoot rifles."

I've found this to be an accurate statement. After so much pistol practice I could pick up any of my rifles and cut the bull out of any target at any range within reason. 22 to 30 06.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,059,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Peak practice for me at the peak of my competition career was 1000 rounds a week with just handgun. I have noticed and learned early that being proficient with a handgun makes rifle shooting second nature. Most of my rifle shooting at the time mentioned was just to check sighting and proper function. My Dad use to say "rifle shooter can't shoot pistols. Pistol shooters can shoot rifles."

I've found this to be an accurate statement. After so much pistol practice I could pick up any of my rifles and cut the bull out of any target at any range within reason. 22 to 30 06.
Things vary.

I remember being on a ship's range, rolling deck, and after the bout, another officer asking me, "WOW! Where did you learn to shoot like that?"........JROTC rifle team for three years. Now, I don't recall what we were shooting, it may have been 1911, it may have been M-14, but I am pretty good with either.

And things vary for then on the ship, now, I am not shooting bulls but the silhouette only.

Getting more back to this thread, I practice, pay, at a range for three main reasons. First, while I have land, before I can shoot, I would have to build a back drop. Secondly, I don't want to poison my land with lead. Third, by practicing at the range, I have witnesses to my dedication....in case I ever end up in court.

As far as ammo goes, I have it delivered to a store front. I've had that arrangement for decades for you never know who is looking over your shoulder. There is, however, an issue with having this kind of patron and that is, you have to agree with their beliefs or at least, keep yours quiet if they counter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies