Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 11:45 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
True enough but the things that matter to me, The Wall,Stopping illegal immigration,etc he has failed at.

No. I can PM you my real name and I am sure you can look up who I voted for and if I remember correctly donated to in 2016.

I am a straight white male who believes in traditional values. The democrats are the FARTHEST party from my beliefs
I don't believe in gun grabbing,homosexual marriage,flooding country with illegals,affirmative action etc etc etc...

By participating in the system I help it stay afloat. I want it to all crash and burn.
1) We are building the wall, despite efforts by Democrats to deny funding and to tie the wall up in endless litigation. Once the wall is built (contracts worth $8 billion are already being allocated from FY '19 funds), we will see a major decrease in illegal immigration.

2) We have entered into agreements with several Latin American countries to make illegals apply for asylum in those countries first.

You don't sound like someone who ever supported Trump, but rather a poser who is completely ignoring both Trump's efforts and success, but also the alternative (we'd have NO wall going up now if a Democrat was in office) and Democrats' efforts to block everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 11:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
As a former HARD CORE Trump supporter I have ( I believe anyways) a unique view of this whole thing. The way Trump supporters will stick with him NO MATTER WHAT he does,says,doesn't do etc is extremely disturbing.

Has already trampled on 2nd amendment and continues to do so
Wants most legal immigrants EVER by his own words
Has deported less illlegals than Obama!
Wall isn't even CLOSE to being built,a private group got more done in a few weeks than he has in several YEARS...I know the left keeps blocking him etc but come on this is just a campaign thing he can keep claiming he will finish if reelected
Has not even brought up paid maternity leave which he said he would do.
We are STILL in wars in the ME despite his non interventionist campaign promises
Will they EVER try to make the tax cuts for the middle class permanent? They expire in 2025...
Has NOT cut spending AT ALL.

IMO its like being in an abusive relationship...you can see the stuff he does,doesn't do and says but his core base STICKS WITH HIM!

I won't leave all my ire for Trump and his supporters but my point is IMO this is worse in some ways than Obama supporters were...I mean they had songs and crap wrote about him,had a little childrens almost military like unit marching to a song about him, people praised him simply because he was the first black president etc I can't stomach this admiration for politicians who are obviously not good for America.

I WILL NOT vote for a democrat or Trump in 2020 so that is clear for everyone....I guess I can see it from both sides now because I was the one cracking jokes about the way people slobbered over Obama but now I see it from the Trump supporters and unfortunately I was one of them. I don't regret voting for him but in 2020 I refuse to back either major candidate...let it play out however it wants. I had such high hopes he was the one that was gonna save America and set things right but he hasn't and he won't really. I would rather see this entire sick system fall for good.
Wow, OP....that's some impressive first post!

Old 08-16-2019, 11:54 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,918 times
Both parties play the same game.. If you don't see it and just hate one and love the other.. You are exactly what both want (even your enemy)

The best 2 options to this are this:

1. Keep voting in Rs and D's but only to one term.. If tons of one term house members, senators, and presidents get kicked out.. They'll wake up.. Constant turnover would show we are not happy with the current system even while keeping the R vs D aspect.. This is probably more likely of the options sadly..

2. Vote in a new party. And they have to have a major role.. It can't just be a president with D's vs R's everywhere else. the other party needs to be elected to 20% of the seats in congress.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:57 AM

108 posts, read 42,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
1) We are building the wall, despite efforts by Democrats to deny funding and to tie the wall up in endless litigation. Once the wall is built (contracts worth $8 billion are already being allocated from FY '19 funds), we will see a major decrease in illegal immigration.

2) We have entered into agreements with several Latin American countries to make illegals apply for asylum in those countries first.

You don't sound like someone who ever supported Trump, but rather a poser who is completely ignoring both Trump's efforts and success, but also the alternative (we'd have NO wall going up now if a Democrat was in office) and Democrats' efforts to block everything.
As I told another poster I can pm you my real name you can look up who I voted for and who I donated to in 2016...I am no poser I am just completely dissapointed in Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Wow, OP....that's some impressive first post!
Thanks.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:57 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
'' IMO its like being in an abusive relationship...you can see the stuff he does, doesn't do and says but his core base STICKS WITH HIM! ''

Crazy doesnt see crazy. Love doesnt see faults.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:

By participating in the system I help it stay afloat. I want it to all crash and burn.
I don't disagree, but we don't have a viable alternative yet.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:29 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
'' IMO its like being in an abusive relationship...you can see the stuff he does, doesn't do and says but his core base STICKS WITH HIM! ''

Crazy doesnt see crazy. Love doesnt see faults.
I don't expect a role model in a politician. Nice people aren't successful in business. It's just the way it works. This nation has a lot of issues, and frankly anyone better (looking at both sides) isn't going to step into the mess. Trump is the least of worst at this point. I don't agree with a lot of his policies but feel he's making steps in the right direction on trade, immigration, and border security:

Trade: We've been losing trillions of dollars to China in trade deficit for the last 15 years, who has been stealing IP, manipulating their currency, and using their surplus trade money to "subsidize" manufacturing(all land and buildings are Gov't owned, so our $$$$ are paying for China's new factories to further position them for their made in China 2025 goal of monopolizing 90% of the WORLDS manufacturing). We need to better balance trade with China, not eliminate it. We need to get tougher with them regarding tariffs, currency manipulation, and IP theft. Doing nothing is simply going to result in China eventually owning the USA. No wars, guns, military needed, they'll have *our* money and the power to just come buy us, its already starting to happen.

Immigration: Trump has said himself many times that he wanted to deport the "bad hombre's" while offering a path to citizenship for the balance, in what I see as a "moderate" position that would probably gain the most support if we all voted on it? The issue is we have the extreme left which wants to open our borders and give illegals free everything, and the extreme right which wants to deport them all, so while they argue nothing is happening.

Border security: I'm not a fan of purely "the wall", but I've seen the night vision video's of illegal immigrants and drug mules slipping through our "garden fence" border and it's pathetic. We need to tighten up security on all accounts and in all ways, through a combination of wall, electronic security, manpower, and active round-up of those that overstay their visa's.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
As a former HARD CORE Trump supporter I have ( I believe anyways) a unique view of this whole thing. The way Trump supporters will stick with him NO MATTER WHAT he does,says,doesn't do etc is extremely disturbing.

Wall isn't even CLOSE to being built,a private group got more done in a few weeks than he has in several YEARS...I know the left keeps blocking him etc but come on this is just a campaign thing he can keep claiming he will finish if reelected
We are STILL in wars in the ME despite his non interventionist campaign promises
Will they EVER try to make the tax cuts for the middle class permanent? They expire in 2025...

IMO its like being in an abusive relationship...you can see the stuff he does,doesn't do and says but his core base STICKS WITH HIM!

I won't leave all my ire for Trump and his supporters but my point is IMO this is worse in some ways than Obama supporters were...I mean they had songs and crap wrote about him,had a little childrens almost military like unit marching to a song about him, people praised him simply because he was the first black president etc I can't stomach this admiration for politicians who are obviously not good for America.

I WILL NOT vote for a democrat or Trump in 2020 so that is clear for everyone....I guess I can see it from both sides now because I was the one cracking jokes about the way people slobbered over Obama but now I see it from the Trump supporters and unfortunately I was one of them. I don't regret voting for him but in 2020 I refuse to back either major candidate...let it play out however it wants. I had such high hopes he was the one that was gonna save America and set things right but he hasn't and he won't really. I would rather see this entire sick system fall for good.
Good for you for taking a stand.

Presidents who break their promise time and time again, yet get re elected time and time again.

Always vote conscience and make it about policy. That's what matters.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:51 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:

Specifically, what were the 3 main things he promised that had you a "hard core" supporter?

Old 08-16-2019, 12:53 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
When your on the extremes of political ideology, be prepared to always be disappointed. Media regardless of leanings are always way further out on the edges than the voting population so it may seem you have more support than you do. Controversy sells not common sense or consensus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies