U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,448 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Reputation: 4692

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
So Trump supporters need to explain why Trump won't demand that Republicans enforce the e-verify laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,979 posts, read 3,468,929 times
Reputation: 2961
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ful-lawns.html




Democrat congressman Tom Malinowski, says U.S. needs illegal immigrants to ‘mow our beautiful lawns’ and do jobs ‘Americans are not willing to take’
Nice try. No one has ever denied that illegals do a lot of work that Americans won't do, including working farms, grunt work on construction sites, and morning lawns. Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,794 posts, read 14,129,634 times
Reputation: 13611
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nice try. No one has ever denied that illegals do a lot of work that Americans won't do, including working farms, grunt work on construction sites, and morning lawns. Fail.

The only reason they are needed is because the left has brainwashed 50% of the US population to look down on honest work. And since they look down on this work, they refuse to pay a dignified wage, insisting that all these jobs must pay minimum wage, with living expenses subsidized by the US taxpayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:45 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
67,276 posts, read 34,257,179 times
Reputation: 14487
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nice try. No one has ever denied that illegals do a lot of work that Americans won't do, including working farms, grunt work on construction sites, and morning lawns. Fail.
It pays better to be on Welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,979 posts, read 3,468,929 times
Reputation: 2961
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The only reason they are needed is because the left has brainwashed 50% of the US population to look down on honest work. And since they look down on this work, they refuse to pay a dignified wage, insisting that all these jobs must pay minimum wage, with living expenses subsidized by the US taxpayer.
This coming from the same brain trust that argues against paying "burger flippers" a decent wage bc anyone can do it? Your "criticisms" are too transparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,979 posts, read 3,468,929 times
Reputation: 2961
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It pays better to be on Welfare.
What does that even mean? Is your argument now that illegals are too honest bc they're not scamming the system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,794 posts, read 14,129,634 times
Reputation: 13611
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This coming from the same brain trust that argues against paying "burger flippers" a decent wage bc anyone can do it? Your "criticisms" are too transparent.
"Burger flipping" is not a career. It is a job for a teenager who is looking to gain experience in the workforce, so they can move on to better jobs in the future. If you are trying to raise a family on a burger flipping income, that's not the fault of conservatives. That is the fault of the individual who thinks jobs should pay based on need of the the worker, instead of the wages deemed appropriate for the job by the free market, and the worker's own ability to create value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What does that even mean? Is your argument now that illegals are too honest bc they're not scamming the system?
Illegals are criminals and have no right to be here. They have no right to utilize welfare programs. Your logic fails again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:55 PM
 
Location: USA
18,859 posts, read 9,210,408 times
Reputation: 14201
Democrats need to create victims to manufacture government solutions which require YOUR tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,794 posts, read 14,129,634 times
Reputation: 13611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats need to create victims to manufacture government solutions which require YOUR tax dollars.

And some people want the government to control everything, so they will vote for democrats no matter what, even if they are the known second coming of Hitler. Perhaps that is why they call Trump "Hitler", so as to justify their own hypocrisy and double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:02 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
67,276 posts, read 34,257,179 times
Reputation: 14487
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What does that even mean? Is your argument now that illegals are too honest bc they're not scamming the system?

You made a statement... Jobs Americans don't want to do. I gave you the reason why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top